Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Top Members

Unnecessary interactions of ghayr-mahram?

Jump to page:

You have contributed 2.6% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Maria al-Qibtiyya, bint e aisha
4 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#91 [Permalink] Posted on 11th June 2014 17:02
Guest-39573 wrote:
View original post

For your last question, it is better you consult a reliable Alim.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#92 [Permalink] Posted on 17th June 2014 16:40
The fatwa by Mufti Ismail has been changed after he visited the forums himself.

The original fatwa stated:

Answer:

Wa'alaykum as Salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Conversations on a forum will share the same ruling as a conversation over a phone. Members of the opposite gender may only discuss issues of necessity with each other. Since the conversations are public, if a female has an Islamic query, she may ask and discuss it on a forum. However, she should not go beyond that.

The edited fatwa states:

Wa'alaykum as Salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Conversations on a forum will share the same ruling as a conversation over a phone. There is really no need for members of the opposite gender to discuss any issues via a forum. Useless chatter is against characteristics of Muslims and we find members on various forums engaged in backbiting, slanders, exposing sins of Muslims, self praise and ego boosting etc.

The newer fatwa can be checked on Mufti Ismail Moosa's website fatwaa dot com.
+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#93 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 00:27
This post has been reported. It could be due to breaking rules or something as simple as bad use of bbcodes which breaks the page format. We will attend to this soon.
+1 -0Optimistic x 1
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#94 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 00:41
Arslan. wrote:
View original post

Didn't read respected Mowlana's reply because the query was full of lies and slanders. No Mufti in the world will use soft tone after listening such baseless accusations. She should apologize and make sincere Tawbah.
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#95 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 00:50
Black Turban wrote:
View original post

I was thinking something similar. Not that she 'lied' or 'slandered', but rather that she gave the specific situation of her own son and what she happened to see. I do however, severely disagree with her statement:
Quote:
There is no namaz on time, no tilaawat, no masnoon azkaar...

But again, the above statement may have been referring to her own son specifically, not a general observation of all forum-users.

Nevertheless, Mufti Sahib is against forums in general, anyway.

Not all of what she said is a lie though. Every forum has inappropriate interaction and useless chatter to some extent, even MuftiSays.

EDIT: I dont expect anyone here to follow the fatwa of Mufti Desai. Most of us can't even swallow Mufti Ismail Moosa's fatwa (posted right above), let alone Mufti Desai's.

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#96 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 02:31
Feel really sorry for the mother and her child..
But, what would a fatwa do when.. your child is addicted? Tell a drug addict! '' Drugs are Haraam!!! See this Fatwa!! "
Will he change? No! How can he? Whatever wrong you see.. if the admin, auths ( mods.. ) dont listen ( which i m aure they will) report it to Allah!!!
The problem is with our niyahs, you get reward for postin good things on the internet but u are also Supppsed to do what your mom says.. its a really good rule '' when mom calls... GO! "

And can we say that our homes are gossip free?! Here someone can atleast report..
Imagine spending time on facebook or other websites than islamic forums..
+2 -0Like x 2
London, UK
Brother
#97 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 03:04
I'm sorry I had to remove your post completely. It's not suitable and the contents of it is quite enraging.

Quote:
For the past five years he has been glued to the internet for 14-15 hours a day

That leaves 9-10 hours for sleep, food and other necessities. Exaggeration?

Quote:
All these forums are only a platform for arguments

Clearly she hasn't read our forum rules so I'd call this assumption

Quote:
throwing mud on the People of Allah and critisising learned Ulema and Muftis

Definite slander.

Quote:
He and all sitting there think of themselves to be real buzurgs and mujtahids, and above Islaah.

Very negative and filthy accusations about people she doesn't know

Quote:
Furthermore he and all sitting on these forums chat to girls and think that it is perfectly halaal to do so.

I, as the admin of the forum cannot recall when a single member in almost 10 years has sat on these forums chatting to a girl and thinking it's Halaal to do so. There is one (Islamic) forum I've heard where all they do is free-mix but she didn't mention that forum. This entire thread is plenty proof that constant concerns are raised AND addressed properly with action and new features.

Quote:
Perhaps for them only Coke, biscuits, chicken and chocolates are haraam.

Alhamdulillah she used the word "Perhaps" - so I'll "inform" - they don't. There's plenty of good posts on chicken, chocolates and biscuits. Nothing good on coke though sorry.

Quote:
Some time ago, I contacted a Mufti Saheb and told him of all the destruction these forums are causing, even breaking homes, and asking him to give a fatwa as he himself was on the verge of a delicate situation about his respected daughter and knew first-hand about these shaitaani forums. He assured me he will do so as he himself was aware of the havoc these forums have caused in homes and lives of families, but nothing he did nothing.
I really don't know what to do as my son has become so lazy and irresponsible that he does'nt do anything for a living. He lives by loafing from others.

A forum breaking homes and families? I'd like to read a single story where an online forum consisting of text and viewed via a web browser has destroyed homes.

Quote:
The latest topic of discussion on forum Muftisays is jaadu, jinnaat and aamils. There is no namaz on time, no tilaawat, no masnoon azkaar - just a colosaal waste of time by indulging in gheebat and gossip. How can this ever be jaaiz (permissible)?

What does a thread on Jaadoo, Jinns and Aamils have to do with no namaz on time, tilaawat and azhkar? I can only assume she is referring to her son about no tilaawat etc and not just accusing forum members of this especially when it's impossible to have that knowledge.

Quote:
Mufti Saheb I request you, rather beg you to please look urgently into this evil matter, and give a fatwa on your website like you have so courageously given about so many issues.

Unfortunately sister, Mufti Saheb did NOT look urgently into the matter. He has not contacted us to enquire, he has not researched about the 3 forums you mentioned and has provided an answer according to your personal hatred, lies, slander, accusation and maybe the very Gheebah your accusing of.

Quote:
Many many parents especially wives and mothers are hit by these chattings with girls on forums. There even have been threats of divorce.

This honestly is beyond me. I talk about this site only. Not a single PM goes through the site without 4 or 5 (mods) seeing it first. I am not aware of the other forums but the questioner has mentioned muftisays.com as the latest and it's sickening to read when so much effort is put to keep it the most safe and Halaal for everyone of any age. All regular members will be fully aware of this.

Quote:
I happened to read a shaitani advice by a shaitaani *mujaddid and mujthahid* who sits day and night on these forums. He told a person that "you should do nikah with the girl you are talking to --- at least make it halaal". It was shocking. All these jaahil 'mujtahids and mujaddids' have the audacity and nerves to even engage in chats about the respected Sahabas (radhiyallahu anhum). I once read some statements about Hazrat Muawiya(radhiyallahu anhu). I got so scared that I could not carry on.

This wasn't on this site and if that was read somewhere else then may Allah reward the shaitaani *mujaddid and mujtahid* for having concerns about someone indulged in Haraam. I hope the two indulged in Haraam got their parents involved and completed the greatest Sunnah of the prophet, Nikaah and stopped contact completely until or unless it was Halaal according to the "shaitaani???" advice.

Quote:
Furthermore they condemn and critise the fatwas of learned Allah-fearing Muftis, and make fun of them. Please do write an article on these shaitaani forums.

Condemn: Only Baatil scholars
"Criticise": That's not allowed on the public area of the forums here. It's not for "regular" lay people. Yes some are drenched in zeal of knowledge and can't quench their thirst on Islamic studies and they ACADEMICALLY raise points but they are neither for everyone, nor is it criticism as you understand it.
Make fun of them: More accusations if she's referring to muftisays.

My advice to the sister:
Get professional help if situations are dire at home
Do not blame online forums. If he was on drugs, would you blame the school? the manufacturers of lighters for giving him a means of lighting the drugs? Would you blame the pavement for providing a way to get to the drugs?
Whatever your issues are with your son, first blame yourself as the parent. Did you train him to see right from wrong? Did you ask him what he's doing on the forums? Is he chatting to a girl on another forum? Have you contacted that forum's admin? By Allah if I was sent a message to ban their son, I would providing I was given proof that the member is indeed their son. And it's simple, I don't need passports and ID for that, a simple IP is plenty proof and I can match it and ban if the mother or father requested it. It really is that simple. But to lie, slander, accuse, defame, make a noble cause sound like filthy Satanic trash is beyond the realms of seeking guidance. It's a cry for help

I pray this post reaches both her and Mufti Sahib. May Allah forgive her. I do.

@Arslan. I have removed your post as it doesn't have any benefit and I would also like to protect Mufti Saheb's integrity.
+9 -0Like x 2Agree x 1Ameen x 1Winner x 7
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#98 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 03:14
Yasin wrote:
@Arslan. I have removed your post as it doesn't have any benefit and I would also like to protect Mufti Saheb's integrity.

No problem, I understand. It specifically mentioned MuftiSays so I thought some members would be interested.

JazaakAllah.

No post ratings
London, UK
Brother
#99 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 03:27
muslim11 wrote:
View original post

Please do not justify the question with her situation. Her frustration came out in the wrong place on the wrong people with wrong information resulting in a very negative reply from a Mufti based on those lies. While reading her lies, all I could think about were the members who try to do nothing but good on these forums. It's like me attacking every mother on the planet and calling them all liars and slanderers based on this one questioner. Terrible. No other way to put this.
+2 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#100 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 04:11
Arslan. wrote:
Not all of what she said is a lie though. Every forum has inappropriate interaction and useless chatter to some extent, even MuftiSays.[/quote]

Quote:
"I feel ashamed and sad to write that my son is so addicted to the computer that my repeated reminders and naseehat have no effect on him. For the past five years he has been glued to the internet for 14-15 hours a day. He sits on the so called 'islamic' forums like the Sunni forum, Haq forum and the latest is Muftisays.[/quote]

This is a crazy accusation. No user of SF or MS (don't know about Haq Forum) stays for 14-15 hours. She has not mentioned whether his son runs any blog or other online activities.

Quote:
All these forums are only a platform for arguments ,throwing mud on the People of Allah and critisising learned Ulema and Muftis.He and all sitting there think of themselves to be real buzurgs and mujtahids, and above Islaah. I even read a debate on Hazrat Hakim Muhammed Akhtar (rahmatullah alayh.[/quote]

BLATANT lies and grave slander against 'Ulama and sincere seekers of Deen involved with these forums. A debate on Hakim Akhtar sahab Rahmatullaahi 'Alayhi DOESN'T mean ALL members are involved in criticism. This is naive and baseless accusation.

Quote:
Furthermore he and all sitting on these forums chat to girls and think that it is perfectly halaal to do so. Perhaps for them only Coke, biscuits, chicken and chocolates are haraam. Some time ago, I contacted a Mufti Saheb and told him of all the destruction these forums are causing, even breaking homes, and asking him to give a fatwa as he himself was on the verge of a delicate situation about his respected daughter and knew first-hand about these shaitaani forums. He assured me he will do so as he himself was aware of the havoc these forums have caused in homes and lives of families, but nothing he did nothing.[/quote]

Subhaanallaah!!! Firstly, she is accusing EVERYONE (I think male users in particular) for chatting to girls. Secondly, she claims that we think something as "perfectly halaal", which Shari'ah has declared as Haraam. This is tantamount to accuse us of committing Kufr.

[quote]I really don't know what to do as my son has become so lazy and irresponsible that he does'nt do anything for a living. He lives by loafing from others.

Totally irrelevant and this is her son's personal problem/limitation.

[quote]The latest topic of discussion on forum Muftisays is jaadu, jinnaat and aamils. There is no namaz on time, no tilaawat, no masnoon azkaar - just a colosaal waste of time by indulging in gheebat and gossip. How can this ever be jaaiz (permissible)? Mufti Saheb I request you, rather beg you to please look urgently into this evil matter, and give a fatwa on your website like you have so courageously given about so many issues.

She is overlooking SEVERAL THOUSANDS of beneficial posts related to Salah, Tilawat, Masnoon Adhkar and other forms of good deeds. Where is the problem to seek remedies to problems related to Sihr and Jinns? WHICH law of Shari'ah forbids it?

[quote]Many many parents especially wives and mothers are hit by these chattings with girls on forums. There even have been threats of divorce.

Superb! Now all sisters using these forums are being accused of seducing husbands of these "innocent" wives and sons of "innocent" parents.

[quote]I happened to read a shaitani advice by a shaitaani *mujaddid and mujthahid* who sits day and night on these forums. He told a person that "you should do nikah with the girl you are talking to --- at least make it halaal". It was shocking. All these jaahil 'mujtahids and mujaddids' have the audacity and nerves to even engage in chats about the respected Sahabas (radhiyallahu anhum). I once read some statements about Hazrat Muawiya(radhiyallahu anhu). I got so scared that I could not carry on. Furthermore they condemn and critise the fatwas of learned Allah-fearing Muftis, and make fun of them. Please do write an article on these shaitaani forums."

I can show her opinions of AUTHENTIC MUFTIS who also suggest to make a Haraam relationship Halaal by Nikah. It's very funny that she isn't taking Haraam relationship into consideration, but condemning a person's opinion who is trying to save him from Haraam. Rest of the letter is pure blind hatred.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#101 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 04:15
Oops Mowlana has already replied. You can remove my post if required.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#102 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 09:37
In August 2012, I had done some extensive work on Halal and Haram food which can be found in the food section. I had sent out plenty of emails to investigate further and dig deep into the matter as they would say.

In my process, I had Bcc'd Mufti A.S. Desai because I read plenty of his works, in fact I even sent him my research and all the logos.

Mufti Saab replied back to me on 11 Shawwaal 1433 asking who I was and who I was writing for etc, he even asked me to keep him updated with my work.

I explained to him who I was, what I did and what my role was and on which "Islamic forum" together with a direct link to the forums thread!

I started to BCC Mufti Saab in some of my queries and also sent him my responses and findings. Alhumdulillah, Mufti Saab, after seeing what is being done, he emailed me a zipped file with plenty of his works on the matter and to help me further my investigations (on 13 Shawwaal 1433 )

My questions on this issue wouldn't stop, I was sending questions raised by other members from this forum and passing them on to Mufti Saab and MashaAllah, he had clarified many things for me, an example was the email sent to me on 21 Shawwaal 1433.

The reasons for the dates? Well because there maybe someone here who will not believe me, so they can verify it themselves as they had asked another member for the same proof.

Not once did Mufti Saab say or comment on me being an authorizer/member or even visiting/posting/reading/sharing/ "Muftisays" or any other forum for that matter. In fact, on contrary, he had asked me to keep him updated AND he sent me plenty of files from which I could also study, benefit from and share.

It all comes down to how the question is posed and the intent behind it!

A thread has been made since www.muftisays.com/forums/14-peoples-say/9023-to-fatwa-or-... I guess you can discuss the issues there too as this is specific to gender interactions
+4 -0Winner x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#103 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 10:06
Yasin wrote:
View original post

Totally agree with you Maulana Sahab.I didnt want to justify the question... I am sorry if it seemed like that..
I did feel sorry for the mother but, that doesnt mean that its okay for her to lie and state nonsense!!! Tension or concern doesnt makes Haraam.. Halaal..!!
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#104 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 10:12

londonM wrote:
View original post

Just to put things in perspective...

And his teacher Shaykh (Mufti) Hussain Kadodia (HA) was the Ameer of Sunniforum for years and his friend/colleague Shaykh (Mufti) Abu Hajira (HA) Vice-Ameer and now has his own Islamic forum and I personally had discussions with Shaykh (Mufti) Ebrahim Desai (HA) about Sunniforum and he has issued a Fatwa specifically about Muftisays

Authentic websites and books.

Q: ) Hope that you are fine i have an question plz help Q1-is www.peopleofsunnah.com and www.muftisays.com authentic website to use for islamic knowledge and various information they are giving like fatwas.

Q-2 i am Alhamdullilah the follower of Hanafi fiqh so i want to know the complete teachings of imam Abu hanifaa ra regarding various things like how to pray nimaz,where we have to place hands in salaat etc and other things used in our daily life,so i request plzz suggest some books or if any website is available plz tell.

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

1) www.muftisays.com is an authentic website administered by reliable Ulama.[1] We do not know who administers the peopleofsunnah.com website.

2) May Allah Ta’ala accept your eagerness and enthusiasm to learn deen. It must be noted that to know the complete teachings of Imam Abu Hanifa (Rahimahullah) many years of dedicated studies under qualified Ulama is required. However, for the basic masā'il you may use the following books:

- Ta'leem-ul-Haqq: https://archive.org/details/TaleemulHaq

- Heavenly Ornaments (English version of Bahishti Zewar): https://archive.org/details/BahishtiZewar_201307

-You may also find our Contemporary Fatāwā compilation to be beneficial:

https://archive.org/details/ContemporaryFatawaByShaykhMuftiEbrahimDesai

You may also refer to the following websites,

Askimam.org for questions pertaining to Fiqh and Hadith.

http://daruliftaa.net/ for business related issues.

http://idealwoman.net/ for women related topics.

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Arshad Ali

Student Darul Iftaa
Trinidad

Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.

http://www.daruliftaa.net/

+5 -0Like x 3Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#105 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 11:09
This post has been reported. It could be due to breaking rules or something as simple as bad use of bbcodes which breaks the page format. We will attend to this soon.
No post ratings

Jump to page: