Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Maria al-Qibtiyya, Naqshband66, Taalibah, samah, abu mohammed
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 30th May 2014 19:12
When one is insulted or criticized, the natural nafsaani reaction is anger which in turn demands retaliation. The anger is the effect of pride. However, if one reflects for a few brief moments in an endeavour to fathom one's own moral condition, one will not fail to discern that the anger and the crave to react are generally not justified.

Once a man was abusive to the Sahaabi, Hadhrat Abu Zar Ghifaari (radhiyallahu anhu). He responded: "Between Jannat and myself there is a deep valley. If I successfully traverse that (dangerous) valley, then, By Allah!, I have no concern for what you are saying. But, if Allah Ta'ala prevents me from traversing the valley, then I am worse than what you have said of me." Also, when someone insults you or you are told that he/she has made gheebat of you, then reflect on your own sins. Everyone has some skeletons in the cupboard and some hidden cans of worms on which Allah Ta'ala, Who is Saatirul Uyoob (The Concealer of sins) has cast a veil to protect us from being humiliating.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+8 -0Like x 7Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 31st May 2014 03:25
Quote:
When one is insulted or criticized, the natural nafsaani reaction is anger which in turn demands retaliation.

Yup, nafsaani reaction might be anger, but that's not always, as sometimes one may get hurt.
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2015 03:29
(bism1)

Narrated:Abu Huraira r.a
that a man said to the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam: "Advise me! "The Prophet (saw) said, "Do not become angry and furious." The man asked (the same) again and again, and the Prophet (saw) said in each case, "Do not become angry and furious." [Al-Bukhari; Vol. 8 No. 137]

Seerat of RasulAllah (saw) guides us that he never got angry except when the commandments of Allah سبحانه وتعالى are violated. However, if we want to get angry for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى, then we need to be careful that we:
a. are really not getting angry for ourselves or for our own interests.
b. need to do it in the right way, like not committing wrong actions or saying vulgar words while getting angry.
c. can achieve the benefit as intended by the shari'ah. If the action leads to more harm than benefit, then it should be avoided based on the principle of weighing between the benefits and harms.
For example, when giving advice, say it in a good way, using good words, and be careful not to get into a quarrel.

It is well known today that anger causes many health problems especially if they are not controlled. There are wisdoms behind shari'ah injunctions and here we find that to control our anger may be beneficial to our health.
+3 -0Like x 3