Taalibah, Maria al-Qibtiyya
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 20th May 2014 21:50
Quote:
http://www.arabnews.com/news/572121

Pakistani couple incurs SR128,000 hospital bill in delivery of baby girl

A poor Pakistani farm worker in Taif is desperately trying to pay the mounting hospital bills which he incurred after his wife gave birth to a premature baby girl. He cannot take his baby home until he pays the money in full.
Mohammed Ishaq, a 26-year-old Pakistani, works as agriculture farm worker cum driver in Taif. His wife, Hasina Nader Mohammed had a premature delivery on Feb. 10 of this year giving birth to a baby girl weighing 1 kg and suffering from respiratory distress syndrome. Ishaq was billed a total of SR127,680 according to the medical records.
The Pakistani couple was unable to bear the huge cost as both are not covered by health insurance.
The baby was placed in an incubator at the Al Nahda Hospital in Taif for 22 days where she was treated with antifungal medication and supplied oxygen. She also spent 43 days in the ICU for respiratory treatment and given artificial ventilation.
"The hospital is demanding the payment of a sum of SR127,680 as their service charges before they agree to discharge my daughter," Ishaq said.
He said that he worked on a farm and drove his sponsor's vehicle. "My wages are not sufficient to pay such a large amount of money," he said adding that he wouldn't be able to raise this amount even he worked for another ten years in the Kingdom.
When asked about the medical insurance cover, he replied, "Domestic employees such as house drivers, maids and farm workers are not covered in the mandatory medical insurance cover."
Ishaq said that he knew some Pakistani workers in Taif but that they were of the same social status as himself, and were [/quote]unable to raise the sum. "My wife and I are grief-stricken and at a loss as to where to go and whom to ask for help," he said sorrowfully.

so they going to hold his daughter hostage until the money is paid??
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2014 02:07
Why should these people be covered by medical insurance?

Are they Arab? No.

Do they belong to Saud family? No.

Do they have any connection with "the custodian of the two holy mosques"? No.

Are they American/European? No.

Then why in the world they deserve to get medical insurance? They must pay the bill. This kingdom can't stand any injustice as this is the land of Prophet (saw).
+1 -0Agree x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2014 07:53
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

I'm afraid it's true, my cousins son became a doctor for sole purpose of working in 3rd world countries to help the underprivileged.

My cousin told me that my nephew workrd for short period in an Arab hospital, a workman came in with a broken arm and was in a lot of pain, he was turned away because he had no insurance or money, my nephew stepped forward to help him, but was told he wasn't allowed to treat him. He found the system very prejudice and cruel.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2014 10:15
Taalibah wrote:
View original post

Those arms are constructing these skyscrapers:

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2014 10:37
salaam

imagine the outrage if someones baby was held hostage by a hospital in a western country. the whole country would be up in arms. but it seems this kind of stuff is not unheard of in saudi.

this is happening to a muslim... in a muslim country... which has so much money that they are running out of ideas of where to spend it so they build garish, tacky towers with it.

my local masjid could EASILY pay the hospital from the money it has saved up and not even feel it. but to them islam is about having expensive chandeliers and plush carpets in the masjid.
+6 -0Like x 4Agree x 1Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2014 10:50
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Nowadays, unfortunately it feels like human life has no value, more unfortunate is that even after being blessed with the knowledge of Islam, Muslims do the same to each other.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Montreal
Sister
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2014 16:06

Al Hamdulillah! ... No more bill, baby is free!

Taif hospital waives SR128,000 bill for Pak baby

THANKFUL TO MEDIA

Wednesday 21 May 2014

A Pakistani expat who raked up a SR128,000 medical bill treating his prematurely born daughter was overjoyed after a report published in Arab News highlighting his struggle prompted the hospital to waive all charges.
“I am speechless and delighted to be able to take my baby girl home with us after three months in hospital,” said Mohammed Ishaq, an uneducated farm worker. “The article published by Arab News changed my life.

His daughter, born on Feb. 10, had been placed in an incubator, incurring huge medical expenses. “I undertake random jobs in farming and driving to make ends meet,” he told Arab News.

“I had no idea the media could be so powerful a tool. I only came to know of the impact of the article published in Arab News when the hospital management informed me that my baby girl had been discharged,” he said.

“I could not believe we could go home without paying a single riyal,” said an emotional Ishaq. “Generous Pakistani expats had sent in donations, but thankfully, I no longer need financial help because hospital owner has refused to take any money from me.”

He said: “I am indebted to Arab News. Childbirth is usually a cause for celebration, but our situation was different. We have not been able to rejoice until now.”
Ishaq also thanked Al-Nahda Hospital in Taif for their humanitarian gesture.
The hospital had also issued a birth notification, which is usually withheld by private hospitals until medical expenses are paid in full, to enable Ishaq to apply for a birth certificate with the Civil Affairs office.
Ishaq expressed gratitude to Arab News readers who had tried to reach him to offer their support.

www.arabnews.com/news/574306

+6 -0Winner x 4
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2014 17:08
This is a paradigm of happenings in Madhkhali morons' "land of Quran-Sunnah". They care media, not Allaah سبحانه وتعالى.
+2 -0Like x 1Agree x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2014 12:02
I had to raise donations for many Pakistanees during my stay in Saudia and one of them had his baby girl detained in the Hospital. Then after the girl was released she had breathing problems (born Premature) so we had to collect money again for her to be treated...

Land of Qur'aan and Sunnah
+3 -0Like x 1
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2014 15:45
What is happening to us all ?. Some thing is very very wrong with us Muslims :(

From 'Cairo' to 'Demascus,from Baghdad to Kabul,from Kashmir to Waziristan...inside out...No good news ? Nothing to show that we belong to a Nobel Din and to a master like Syyedena Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم ?

We don,t remember even our Golden history,an Umma who showed the ways of life to others,who changed the whole world with a better civilisation,greater attributes,blooming knowledge,solid wisdom,kind hearts,stable minds and sensitive souls.

Can we go to any lower level than this ? When will the 'Maseeha' come ?

وعدە فردا میرا ایماں ،یە تو بتا اس فردا تک
کتنے چکر قسمت میں ھیں کتنے دن کتنےپھیرے

( I believe firmly that good days are bound to come...but after how many turns of events,how many circles of destiny,how many more days of patience ? )
+0 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2014 16:07

Anonymous wrote:
View original post

So many Muslims don't even make 5 times Salah! :(

+0 -0Agree x 5
Rank Image