dr76, Taalibah, abu mohammed, the fake shaykh
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#46 [Permalink] Posted on 30th April 2014 14:55
london786 wrote:
View original post

Keep on doing it, إن شاء الله Allah will make changes...
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 30th April 2014 15:19

london786 wrote:
View original post

You are an India and I am Pakistani so I don't even have the luxury of being considered; whatever I have to say is wrong by default

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 30th April 2014 19:24
Finally managed to read all emails and forum posts.

Personally not part of any group or tareeqah. Not bayt to any Shaykh. But this is how I see it:

Keep in touch with your local Ulama for advice, practice your Deen to the best of your ability, bear in mind this Hadith

Abu 'Abdullah Jabir bin 'Abdullah al-Ansari, radiyallahu anhuma, reported that a man questioned the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, saying:

"Do you see, if I pray the prescribed (prayers), fast during Ramadhan, treat the lawful as permissible and treat the forbidden as prohibited, but do nothing more than that, shall I enter Paradise?" He (the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam) answered: "Yes."

[Muslim]

So if I feel content with that, what need is there for me to go Shaykh hunting, confuse the bananas out of me and possibly commit many sins arguing and debating and possibly putting my Imaan at risk!

A simple life for me is fine, yet I still read all the threads and emails just to gain that satisfaction that there is some sort of validity in all this and that my brothers and sisters who are in this silsila business are safe with their Imaan inshaAllah and aren't falling into biddah or shirk.

And Allah knows best, without a tareeqah we are still on Haq and with a tareeqah there is a connection and better chance of staying on the right. But this staying on the right path will depend on how the individual treats his Shaykh. If it comes down to Shaykh worship, then all have failed, since each man will have what he intended.

On the authority of Ameer ul-Mu'mineen (the Commander of the Faithful), Aboo Hafs `Umar ibn al-Khattaab radiAllaahu anhu, who said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam say:
  "Actions are but by intentions and every man shall have only that which he intended. Thus he whose migration (Hijrah to Madeenah from Makkah) was for Allaah and His Messenger, his migration was for Allaah and His Messenger, and he whose migration was to achieve some worldly benefit or to take some woman in marriage, his migration was for that for which he migrated."

Our ultimate goal is to achieve the pleasure of Allah, not the dudes who hang around the Shaykh's or the Shaykh himself.
+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 2
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 30th April 2014 20:23
Noble thoughts Abu Muhammad...,!

Tasawwuf is nothing more than "Eslah e Niyyat", It starts with الاعمال بالنيات and ends at ان تعبد الله كأنك تراه.

As a 'speciality' tasawwuf is concerned only with purification of thoughts,otherwise there is no difference between a Sufi and a non-Sufi.Both prays the same number of Rakat in salat,both fast in Ramadhan,both perform Haj...and the same goes for every thing else.What makes the difference between the two is 'the training to keep making correct intentions' ,to keep one,s thoughts constantly engaged to Allah swt,to change one,s priorities from dunya to Akhera.

The key to 'Eslah e Nafs' is ESLAH E KHAYAL ( Purification of thoughts ).The meaning of a Hadeeth :"There is an organ in the body,if it gets purified the rest of the body purifies too and if it is spoiled,it spoils the rest of the body along with it---that organ is Qalb" (Not the exact words of Hadeeth,just the meaning of it) probably points towards the importance of 'correct intentions and correct thoughts'.

Sufi,s use 'excessive Dhikr' as a means to achieve this goal.

So basically Abu Muhammad you and Sufi,s are on the same page :)
+0 -0Like x 1Winner x 2
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 30th April 2014 21:40
Most of today's sufis are not sufis. Sufis of the past were jihadis and todays sufis are anti-jihad. Not even a comparision.

Shariat remains the same no matter who says what. Today buzurgs have become criteria, shariah is no more the criteria.
+0 -0Like x 2Winner x 3
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2014 01:56
I hope no one is hurt but seriously, syria, palestine, burma, afghanistan, yemen, libya, egypt, pakistan, iraq. Chechnya, kashmeer, saudi arabia next, haramain shareefain and sufis are worried about which silsila is the highest?

A question about the superiority of naqshandi silsila?

Can it get any worse than this? Common man, even some kashfs of shaikh mujaddid alf thani ra have been incorrect.

As if there will be seperate queues on the day of judgement, naqshbandi, chishti, suhurwardi, qadri. Naqshbandis highest.... why? Because our shaikh said its the highest silsila!!!!!

Someone remarked its the closest to sunnah.... notice the wordings closest to sunnah but not sunnah!!! Silsilas are not closest to sunnah but people are. Muslims are.

I think salafis were brought into the picture to balance some extreme sufism.... wallahu alam.

Sorry once again.
+0 -0Like x 2Winner x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2014 08:57
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

you are right...a pakistani can never be a religious person according to some. He is always a backstabbing, irreligious person....ALLAH remove sterotypes from us all.
+0 -0Ameen x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#53 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2014 08:59
sufi wrote:
View original post

brother sufi you are right...when the ummah is in such difficulty such questions are useless. My question was due to the fact that I had read it constantly in maktubat sharif. You are very right to question priorities.
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#54 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2014 09:01
sufi wrote:
View original post

sad to say this is true. The history of the sufiya was linked to j now it has become some sort of non-violent movement. ALLAH give us taufiq to revive their noble ways
+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#55 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2014 09:11
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

what you have said is true brother but I would disagree with you to some extent. Firstly in which deobandi tariqa is their shirk? This is a big accussation to make. With regards to shaykh worship this once again is a problematic statement. So you are proposing that man be left alone and be content with faraaidh? You say just connect with local ulema? The same local alim in my area who reads from the salafi version of riyad us saliheen and is absolutely clueless about ilm or even taqwa in some cases? The same argument can be used against any effort of deen. Hamza yusuf followers literally worship him. Consider him infalliable almost. To be honest bro your advice is not practical. Man cannot be left alone. He always needs somebody above him. Weather that is a tablighi elder, some pious friend, local alim or sufi shaykh. In most cases if a person follows the simple life that you suggested i.e. no groups (which I assume includes tablighi jamaat), no sufi shaykhs just focus on faraaidh and ikhlas then rest assured the environment can suck in most people. Practically living in the west there are really only a few choices;

1. Join the effort of tablighi jamaat..learn basic fardh ul ain and live life
2. Get bait to a sufi shaykh, acquire basic ilm and live life

I can barely think of a 3rd way....
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#56 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2014 09:15
london786 wrote:
View original post

This comes to mind :

"Na kabah mein, na baitullah, na dewaroun key sayoun mein, Namaz-e-Ishk ada hoti hai Talwaroun key sayoun main".

(someone else can attempt the translation)
+2 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#57 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2014 09:17
Jinn wrote:
View original post

subhanallah how true that is bro. subhanallah great stuff. Translation is better left to others.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#58 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2014 10:09
Jinn wrote:
View original post

Nice, small attempt to translate:

Neither in the Kabah, nor in the house of Allah, nor in the shades of walls. The love of Salaah is achieved in the shades of the swords

Not sure if achieved is the correct word here.
+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#59 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2014 10:12
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Nice attempt I think it should be the 'Salah of love' rather than the other way round ?

I'm pretty clueless at these things anyway, bro dr76 and Maripat are good at translations
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#60 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2014 10:18
london786 wrote:
View original post

I agree with you brother but only partially.

In the last part of your post you say you can't think of a third method, neither can I but that's where I am, on the third option. Been there for about 20 years and inshaAllah will continue to better myself.

With regards to the comments on shirk, I wasn't labelling anyone a mushrik, but simply pointing out that it CAN lead to it. If one ends up in Shaykh worship than if that's not shirk, what is?

We call those who don't follow one of the four schools, ghair muqallid and they follow their desires. Allah has categorically told us that those who follow their desires, worship their nafs and their nags is their Lord!

Following the ulama is the correct and safest way, but then to associate certain personal habits and making them superior over any Sunnah would be wrong. Not offering Salah just because a Shaykh said to watch over his stuff is giving preference to the Shaykh over Allah. (that's just an example and not a real incident)
No post ratings

Jump to page: