+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2014 12:44

afriki_haqq wrote:
View original post

W-Salam,

Yes needed a response but what I fear is Deobandees becoming the Madkhalees of our time. Madkhalees met their end by refutations and in the end general public got sick of it!

Deobandee refutations (not this one) lack 2 components which Madkhalees had:

1. Deobandee refutations are of inferior quality
  2. Deobandees simply refute but don't give alternatives while Madkhalees have programs etc.

So as I keep stressing the capabilities need to be enhancced. The Salafi darlings of today (Yasir Qadhi) have learnt their lessons well from Madkhalees i.e. they no longer directly refute but discuss issues and also surag coat them very well. This is the policy of Al-Maghrib so instead of appearing Madkhalees they appear enlightened, Modern, Illuminated etc.

Something we need to watch out for and learn lessons from...

Jzk

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2014 12:52
Masha'Allah, an amazing reply. I just wished the last answer was more detailed as the claim, that Qaza is only forbidden in form of disfigurement, is getting very popular.
+0 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2014 13:11
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Why the rant when this response is not lacking?
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2014 13:23

Tafseer wrote:
View original post

Hazrat,

The same right which you enjoy to declare my post a "rant" gives me the privilege to comment and elaborate upon a danger which I foresee according to my limited knowledge and foresight having witnessed and studied (in my limited capacity) the decline of another group which embarked upon a similar path.

Request for your duas.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2014 13:28
Do any of the UK brothers know this Mufti or met him or seen him, etc.?
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2014 13:35

afriki_haqq wrote:
View original post

He is known in our area and liked by some of the Modernists and Youth due to his getup and clothes etc but by and large people are aware that a Mufti SHOULD NOT look and ACT like him. When he come to our town (in another Mosque) most people reacted with some confusion and deliberation over his clothes and style and multiple people said to me, "A Mufti SHOULD NOT be dressed like this!" In the beginning people knew him and looked up to him as a "Maliki Mufti" but the those interested in Sunnah no longer flock to him (as they once did). He is regarded as a "Modernist" and largely rejected by Deobandees, Salafees and Ahl-e-Hadeeth and he is not "traditional enough" for Barelwees!

But his refutation was needed and may Allah (SWT) reward Shaykh (Mufti) Zameelur-Rahman Saheb (HA) who is from our area and is well aware of him (locally). Shaykh (Mufti) Zameelur-Rahman Saheb (HA) may probably also tackle Ahl-e-Hadeeth Abu Usamah Dhahabi (Goldi) at some point whom he confronted in his student days...

IF Mufti Abu Layth could have curbed his clothes and getup people would have been tricked by his speeches and talks as his talks are well referrenced and he is a good orator.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2014 13:42
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Mashallah you are a 'Maverick' poster.

Request for duas.

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2014 13:46
Tafseer wrote:
View original post

May Allah (SWT) grant the best of success to you, your friends, family and all associated with you in this world and the next (Ameen).
+0 -0Ameen x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2014 13:58
I have heard that two of the leading Maliki scholars of the West (Ustadh Brooks and Mawlana Maqbul) have or plan to refute Mufti Abu Layth.

If these become available do post here as well.
No post ratings
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2014 14:31
Also note that this "Mufti sahab" is not Abul Layth from SeekingIlm(dot)com.
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2014 16:22

Off Topic Post:

I remember when I and Shaykh (Mufti) Abu Hajira (HA) went all guns blazing at the Muarabatun Cult on Sunniforum in one of the posts on a similar thread (unrelated and at random) a "Maliki" replied that he chose the Maliki Madhab because he thought that the Deobandees have cornered the Hanafi Madhab.

In other words he was saying that he COULD NOT pull wool over people's eyes (accoridng to Hanafi Madhab) because he would be caught and refuted...Since many people in UK don't know much about the Maliki Madhab some of the rubbish can be passed as "according to Maliki Madhab" and people don't know any better!

If you view the original posts (way in the beginning of Sunniforum) you will note a similar agenda with Shaf'ae Madhab where people were trying to prove XYZ according to Shaf'ae Madhab, again most (Hanafi) Muslims wouldn't know any better

Nevertheless the flip side of the coin is that there are legitimate differences of opinions within Madhabs which should be respected no matter how unacceptable it may appear (to us Hanafees).

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 24th April 2014 08:32
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

This brings me to a question that should a Hanafi 'alim/mufti who has studied the Hanafi madhhab throughout his life be giving verdicts on other madhhabs or should this be left for the scholars of that madhhab?
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 24th April 2014 10:27

afriki_haqq wrote:
View original post

In my opinion it is not beyond the limits of human endeavour to at least familiarise oneself with another Madhab and its relied upon positions and Scholars but the error is people quoting the positions of “founders of Madhabs” or known Scholars and publicising it as the position of the Madhab which is a mistake.

Here are some pointed examples from Shafa’e Madhab:

1. Many of the older opinion of Imam Shaf'ae (RA) are not the strongest view of the Madhab
  2. Opinions of Al-Hafidh Ibn Haj'r Asqalani (RA) are not the strongest view of the Madhab
  3. Opinions of Imam Ghazali (RA) in Fiqh (hardly count)

And you will see people quoting these and imposing it on Shaf'aes!

+2 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 24th April 2014 15:19
Sheikh Muadh, what is the muarabatun cult you have stated in a post?
No post ratings