Taalibah
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 1st March 2014 23:46
السلام عليكم

With the recent arrest of Muazzam Baig

Quote:
FWD: Update on Moazzem Begg case. A brother from court reported this morning that the major charges against him are that he sponsored terrorism in Syria by giving fitness training and also gave a brother money to buy a generator! Major plot SubhanAllah! This is nothing but a smear campaign against the brother who took on the establishment to expose its complicity in torture worldwide. Please spread and create awareness[/quote]

Quote:
#Release Moazzam

[quote]free the prisoner -ahadith

Past few days my phone has been buzzing with texts, images, videos, updates on the above etc. Many of you might be experiencing the same.

A brother said to me to come and join him in the protest, I said no point as its futile, people have protested for decades, how far did they get ?

Anyway the campaign is being supported by a mixture of Salafi and Deobandi scholars apparently.

I disagree with the notion of protesting like I said its futile, what do you guys make of it, are you for it or against it ? Would you take part or do you also think it's useless ?

Also what have our Ulema said in regards to this ?

p.s my view could be totally wrong

جزاك الله خيرا
report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd March 2014 00:00
I believe if you protest in such cases, you yourself become the next target/victim.

I don't take part in any of this except for making sincere Dua.

These people have their targets and agenda, a protest will make their case strong when one Muslim goes out of place.
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd March 2014 00:05
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I agree with you akhii

But what about all the Ulema who are coming out and supporting this including the likes of Shaykh Zahir Mahmood and asking people to come and join in.

A brother just sent me a clip of Shaykh Zahir Mahmood asking others to come and join in.

Don't these Ulema know its futile or are we missing something here ?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd March 2014 00:22
It's futile in the sense that the government won't do anything, but the act of going to save one brother and going against a whole nation is in accordance to the Sunnah (from what I understand). So in that sense yes, it's a good thing.

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd March 2014 00:29
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Fair play, a brother similarly said to me akhii it all depends on the 'intention'.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd March 2014 08:04
Protests, marches, demonstrations....
Allah سبحانه وتعالى is in control of everything he can make the impossible to possible, and vice versa.

It's true to say...tie the camel before we leave our trust in Allah, but what do we mean by tying the camel in this instant, have we made dua or prayed two rakah salah for the cause?

When we demonstrate...are we going to be involved in the sin of purposely intermingling between the genders, are we going to miss salah, are the sisters going to be exhibiting themselves, are sins going to take place? are our actions gaining Allah سبحانه وتعالى pleasure or displeasure?

....and then we are leaving our trust with him, with no effort made on our behalf?

Yes trust in Allah سبحانه وتعالى help but don't comit sin in the process. Just my take on it.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd March 2014 08:08
May Allah سبحانه وتعالى help the brother at this difficult time, and grant him freedom, and afiyah in both worlds May Allah سبحانه وتعالى protect and free all our brothers and sisters from oppression around the world, Aameen.
+0 -0Ameen x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd March 2014 08:52
Protesting is the least we should do in such scenarious. Just for a moment think if he was your brother, will you not protest then. We muslims are brothers. We are like body if one parts pain whole body develops fever.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd March 2014 09:10
samy.3660 wrote:
View original post

This is true, and I agree but abiding by shariah whilst participating, I personally believe should be paramount.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 1st October 2014 13:22
Released.

Alhumdolillah
+5 -0Like x 2