abu mohammed, Taalibah
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd May 2014 00:47
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Asalamualaikum brother.

Jazak'Allah for clearing that up for me. I felt quietly confident, I wasn't doing wrong, but one should always clarify as Shaitan came put all sorts of weird thought in a man's head.

What about insulting enemies of Allah from the past? I know it's needless, but I'm just curious. I come across Ulema and other people cursing Pharoah to no end.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 5th May 2014 01:38
Imam Ali wrote:
View original post

Bump.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 5th May 2014 16:22
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Just a question: Do you mean, It'd not be gheebah if you're not insulting the person but talking about his shortcomings behind his back? what do you exactly mean?

well, it still seems to me gheebah if we talk about others shortcomings behind their back just to add to someone's info in either way, whether we are taking about the person in an insulting manner or not. Anyway, I'll be asking a scholar to confirm.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 5th May 2014 16:54

Maria al-Qibtiyya wrote:
View original post

He was neither insulting him nor talking about his shortcomings. He described an incident and this is my understanding based on what he wrote.He has handled it all wrong. What he should have done is first told him not to do this (otherwise he will report) and then reported it to Management as harrasment. But I can see that because of a Muslim involved he probably didn't want to get the brother in trouble etc.

But as per UK laws this is clear harrasment, Islamically Haram to remind a believer of his Kuf'r and morally despicable!

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 5th May 2014 23:05
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

You understood exactly, right, akhi. Jazak'Allah.

Can anyone answer my question(s) in post 31.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2014 02:19
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Okay, now I see what the brother exactly wrote and what you're getting at.

But then another questions that comes to mind: Would that not be gheebah if you're describing an incident where someone has wronged you (unless you're doing this for seeking help)? wouldn't you be talking about his wrongdoing in that situation?

Or am I still missing something here?
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2014 10:21

Maria al-Qibtiyya wrote:
View original post

Again without knowing the details as to what he said and to what extent...

He was clearly rattled by being called by his Kuf'r name so he simply spoke about it to get something off his chest as anyone else would do in such a situation. If you were bullied or harassed at work you would also be in serious psychological turmoil and would just like to talk to someone (anyone) to get it off his chest.

If he was thinking rationally then he would have dealt with it professionally and again he is saying that he said nothing malicious or blameworthy but narrated the incident if that’s not true then obviously the situation would change.

To be called by a (former) unIslamic name is deeply upsetting to a Revert and I am surprised that he didn't give him one!

No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2014 10:48
(salaam)

Ibn Hibbaan Al-Bastti said:

"The tongue of the intelligent person is behind his heart so that when he wants to say something he consults his heart. If it is thought that he should speak he does so, but if not he remains silent. However, the ignorant person's heart is on the tip of his tongue so he speaks without thinking. And whoever does not guard his tongue does not understand his religion (i.e. meaning al-Islaam)".

["Rawdatoe Al'oqalaa", 49]
+3 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2014 10:57
Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post

You are discussing the matter of a "New Muslim" who doesn't know the injunctions of Shariah and some "Muslim" decided to MOCK him on his (past) Kuf'r.

He reacted with the utmost restraint and is perplexed about the situation.
+0 -0Disagree x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2014 12:26
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Yeah, I didn't pass any judgements or label him anything, but simply stated how the events unfolded. I did critique his judgement that apparently I had lost my Imam by allowing non-Muslims to address me with a non-Muslim name.

The reason brother Muadh, I did not report him is because he's a Muslim brother and I didn't want to get him into trouble.

No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2014 13:27
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I wanted to share this nice saying in any 'Ghibah' thread on MS. As 'Ghibah' is the product of 'misuse of tongue', so instead of searching any other 'Ghibah' thread I shared it herein. It's nothing to do with the on going discussion in this thread.

Oh! your extremely quick to click 'disagree' without considering my intention.

Your 'disagree' allows me to disagree with your 'disagree'
+2 -1Like x 1Dislike x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2014 13:42

Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post

My Sincere Brother in Islam,

I DID NOT "click" disagree with your post, in fact there is no disagree on your post at all. I merely informed you of his status as being a "New Muslim".So I have no idea what you are talking about?

But lets assume that I did "disagree" with something you wrote, should you do the same back to me? Should actions be based on Tit-for-Tat or sincerity to please Allah (SWT)?

So if someone disagrees with you you will disagree with them even though they may be right???

If I am the WORST FAASIQ on planet Earth would you abandon Islam, Akhlaaq, Sunnah and beging to behave like him in retaliation? Are you willing to destory your Aakhirat for me?

Again, I did not click "Disagree" anywhere on on any of your posts.

+2 -3Dislike x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2014 13:56
It's getting a bit childish members clicking disagree for no apparent reason, anyone can click agree, disagree etc. It would be Haram to suspect or make assumptions on who and why members are clicking disagree.

Nevertheless, the feature exist for a reason, members are free to state their views free for all to agree, disagree etc.

The thread is about gheebah, yet members are commiting other sins in the process....lets take a look at ourselves and correct our own actions before attempting to teach others.

This is for all members, as they say if the cap fits, wear it :-)

Please stick to the topic as this thread is derailing.
+4 -0Like x 1Winner x 3
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2014 15:59
Taalibah wrote:
View original post

Aapa,

But in this case I didn't click on "anything"! In addition to addressing the brother in public, I have also sent him a PM with my email and phone number in order to resolve whatever misunderstanding he may have. I would like for the Moderators to actually start sanctioning people for unIslamic behavior. My post has been voted "DISLIKE" twice, may I ask why???

I want to meet my Allah (SWT) with a clean heart.

Jzk

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#45 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2014 16:01
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Yes I know, that's why I posted. The dislike was given after you had posted. That's why I just wanted to remind members not to suspect each other, because any spectator can click an icon.
+1 -0Like x 1

Jump to page: