Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Sulaiman84
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 18th February 2014 02:28
Salaamualaikum warahmattullah

I heard the rave news about colloidal silver having a lot of health benefits as well as in the medical field. I don't know a whole lot about it but do know that many doctors are calling it quackery and dangerous. Silver contains many beneficial properties in the industrial field and and the medical field because of its anti bacterial qualities. Many farmers used to put silver dollars in their water tanks and milk cans to kill off the bad bacteria. That being said, what's your take on it? Any information is welcomed. Jazakullah khyran.

image.jpg
Downloads: 936
    [39.99 kB]
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2014 03:40
Wa alaikum assalaam.

Avoid it. No proven benefit.
+2 -0
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2014 05:35
umar123 wrote:
View original post

Jazakullah for the info brother. I'll take your advice inshallah .
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 8th April 2014 11:38
Salamualaikum warahmattullah

Just got this from the majlis in regards to colloidal silver. This is what they said.

ASSALAMU ALAIKUM

7 Jamadith Thaani 1435 (8 April 2014)

Dear Brother

Your e-mail dated 8 April 2014 refers.

Colloidal silver is a medicinal product. It is permissible. However,
it is not permissible to use silver utensils, e.g. silver mugs, silver
dishes, silver spoons, etc.

The Hakeems also use silver in some of their medicines.

Was-salaam

A.S. Desai
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 8th April 2014 12:19

brooklynyte4ever wrote:
View original post

My Brother in Islam,

Negatives:

1. Silver isn't a trace mineral or material in the human body
  2. Silver isn't recommended in Qur'aan or Hadeeth
  3. Silver is damaging to the human body, poisnous and causes well (historically) known disease called Argyria
  4. Silver has been used in fillings and although because of its checmical composition within the amalgam over 100% year not proven to be harmful YET dentists still give you an option to have a "Non-Silver" filing
  5. There are no western studies to back up efficacy of Silver at all!
  6. There are many cases of Silver poisoning in USA because of people using this stuff unrestricted

Positives:

1. Silver in trace quantities is used in Unani medicine by competent Muslim Hakeem

Western (Internet) Quackery vs Ayurveda OR Islamic Medicine:

1. The BOGUS Internet (drama) tries to Colloidal silver or "Silver" as Antibiotic (original claim) or extending the effects of antibiots (latest climbdown from 2013 onwards)
  2. Ayruveda and Islamic medicine claim, "Silver lead and Bhasma (powder) are tonic, stimulant and aphrodisiac. Silver is used to be acidous sweet, astringent, cool, demulcent, purgative, constipation, alleviative of wind and bile."

Jzk

No post ratings
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 8th April 2014 13:16
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Salamualaikum brother

A friend of mine suffers severely from Primary ciliary dyskenesia and just bought some colloidal silver to give it a try. Inshallah hopefully I will give an update on his condition if it helps him or not. I know that to much can be harmful etc. As for the silver dental fillings, my friend is a dentist and told me that silver filling have mercury mixture in all of them to give them strength or else the silver will wear out fast because its a soft metal like gold. Allahu alim if there is any good but as long as the ulema say that it can be used, we leave it there. Good info.
Jazakullah khayran
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 8th April 2014 13:26

brooklynyte4ever wrote:
View original post

Its not a Ulamah question (after establishing legal status) but a medicinal question. Ulamah can't rule on the efficacy of a treatment because they are not the experts in this area.

If you have a problem with arterial blood flow you can have:

1. Stent
  2. EECP

You would consult a Cardiac Consultant for the best effective because both treatments are Halal. You wouldn't post this in an Islamic Q/A or seek a "Fatwa" in this matter apart from checking the legal status (i.e. Halal or Haram).

I am discussing efficacy here (obviously).

No post ratings
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 8th April 2014 21:07
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Of course, its about the effectiveness of the remedy. I just wanted to point out that its allowed. Whether it helps or not, that's a different question or opinion from the medical point of view.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 8th April 2014 21:51

brooklynyte4ever wrote:
View original post

I just noticed something about your Dentist friend and Mercury.

Are you ok with Mercury in your teeth (which is huge and massive) but not ok with Mercury in vaccines (which is tiny and negligble)?

No post ratings
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 9th April 2014 02:49
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I'm not ok with it but what did I know about mercury in my teens? The fillings that I got were when i was young and didn't know about the harms of mercury. Inshallah I'm trying to replace them with non mercury filling. We can only try our best inshallah .
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 9th April 2014 09:41

brooklynyte4ever wrote:
View original post

In the vaccination thread you said this:

I have never vaccinated any of my kids and they are all fine mashallah.

In this thread you state this:

I'm not ok with it but what did I know about mercury in my teens? The fillings that I got were when i was young and didn't know about the harms of mercury. Inshallah I'm trying to replace them with non mercury filling. We can only try our best inshallah .

Don't know your age and assuming that you don't have cancer in the mouth and also assuming that you have Fear of Allah (SWT) and have no reservations in admitting the truth can medical science discount Mercury as a harmful ingredient based on your enormous contribution to science? Since your aversion to vaccination is based on personal experience, in case of fillings your personal experience seems to indicate that Mercury has happily lived inside your mouth for a long time?

OR do you want to take another avenue of argument against vaccinations and discount "personal experiences"?

Jzk

No post ratings
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 9th April 2014 11:44
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I had a feeling that you were going to ask me all these incriminating questions about mercury then bring up vaccines again but that is fine. Regardless of my experience, I'm still an advocate for not being vaccinated even though I've lived with mercury in my mouth for some time. My experience doesn't change my outlook about vaccines.i don't want to be off subject but you can bring this up in the vaccine thread. I don't insult others for not agreeing with me, I guess that means that you should feel the same way as I do.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 9th April 2014 12:01

brooklynyte4ever wrote:
View original post

I am not trying to insult you at all, my Brother. What I am trying to imply is that if personal experience of your kids is enough to prove that vaccinations are harmful then would you at least concede based on personal experience (same premise) that Mercury is not harmful? Its in your mouth and you have no Cancer!

Allah (SWT) demands you to be Just in the Qur'aan.

You can take an alternative course of action and say that yes I agree that my quoting of personal exprience of my children is not solid research or reason for condemning things.... like that and that is fine.

You can retract your public post to say that in hindsight quoting the health of my children against vaccination is not a wise choice because I can see that thousands can quote the experience of their children (and themselves) to be opposite.

So would you be Just and Upright as a believing Muslim or would you draw a smiley face and turn away?

This is not a vaccination issue but an issue of principles.

Let me say it again, you have the right to do and believe in whatever do you as long as you don't drag Islam, Shariah and false logic into it.

No post ratings
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 9th April 2014 12:18
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

:)
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 9th April 2014 12:20
brooklynyte4ever wrote:
View original post

And there you have it, there you have it. Just don't pose your position as Islamic or Shariah compliant and you can chose to do whatever you like since you live in a "democratic free country"

Jzk
No post ratings