You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Taalibah, Naqshband66, abu mohammed, Desi tadka, queenie
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 14th February 2014 20:33
Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه narrated that the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه و سلم said: "Indeed among the excellence of a person's Islam is that he leaves alone that which does not concern him." [Jami At-Tirmidhi]

But seriously, the day i see people actually practicing on this hadeeth - i'll buy for them the biggest chocolate they ever saw in they whole entire life.......
I feel like telling them a mouthful when people sit and discuss stories about the whole world. But what can you do (besides rant on internet forums thereafter)?

Why can't everyone mind their own business and leave alone that which doesn't, or is not supposed to, concern them. Why??

To: Mr/Mrs Nosy,

Why do you have to know if your neighbors son is abusing drugs?
If your cousins sister-in-law's husband's step-son has a secret second wife?
If the aunty down the road likes her daughter-in-law?
If the uncle up the road is stealing from his company?
If your friends sister is having marital problems?
If your son's teacher is getting paid properly by the school?

Its not funny, cute or clever. Its serious..... Seriously snoopy! So please mind your own business.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+6 -0Like x 3Agree x 1Winner x 3
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 14th February 2014 21:44
How the westerner phrases the same thing:

"Mind your own business"

Now re-read the words of the Prophet:

"Indeed among the excellence of a person's Islam is that he leaves alone that which does not concern him."
+7 -0Like x 5Agree x 1Winner x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 14th February 2014 22:27
Quote:
But seriously, the day i see people actually practicing on this hadeeth - i'll buy for them the biggest chocolate they ever saw in they whole entire life.......

Since you'll never meet us/me, I accept your chocolate as a great gift. Jazakallah.

There are plenty of people out here that do mind their own business, Alhumdulillah. Maybe not the same everywhere.
+4 -0Like x 4Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 14th February 2014 22:50
Be careful what you offer! Can you really offer it?

6 Tons of chocolate

More chocs
+1 -0Creative x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 14th February 2014 23:50
Wow 6 tons, oh well, I wouldnt want all of that, I'd be happy with just 1 ton or maybe just 2!
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2014 01:01
mmb786 wrote:
View original post

Gift this to nosy people......

+2 -1Dislike x 1Creative x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2014 01:49
When I was on holiday abroad, we had some relatives to come and visit us. The moment they started talking I said politely, "Let me tell you a Hadith, then we talk", the agreed and I said, Th prophet (saw) said 'No gossipmonger will enter Paradise'". Then I said, ok, so let's carry on. Everyone fell silent and left with a stiff upper lip eventually.

Lessons:

It was narrated that Hudhayfah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "No gossipmonger will enter Paradise" [Agreed upon]. And it was narrated from Ibn Mas'ood (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "Shall I not tell you what is falsehood? It is nameemah (gossip), transmitting what people say." [Muslim].  

Gossip is one of the things that incur the punishment in the grave, because of the report narrated by Ibn 'Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him), according to which the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) passed by two graves and said: "They are being punished, but they are not being punished for anything that was difficult to avoid." Then he said, "No. One of them used not to protect himself from his urine, and the other used to walk around spreading malicious gossip." [Agreed upon]. 
+8 -0Like x 5Winner x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2014 08:30
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

6 tons of chocolate is way too unhealthy. I'll never give it to anyone. It'll kill them and then there won't be ANY non-nosy people left. I was thinking more about something like this.......

Its true. You do get some good people who always mind their own business, but they're rare. Especially among the womenfolk, they're at risk of extinction!

I mean, its no sin to collect handbags and shoes, right? alhamdulillah we all unanimously agree on that point. But its a BIG sin concern yourself with other peoples private affairs - thats why women should rather spend their time obsessing over handbags than speculating about why aunty Fatima is getting so fat and why uncle Husain is getting so thin etc etc etc.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2014 09:17
mmb786: Nosy people are......#@/$?:%~*.......!

Nosy parker: Why is mmb obsessed with nosy people? Is she afraid of her secrets? Hmm......gotta discuss with her aunt's friend's brother's step sister.
+1 -1Dislike x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2014 10:04
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2014 10:52
I'm not afraid of nosy people, i'm sick of them. And i'm not referring to any of my precious secrets - that was just random common examples :)

Look, we all make mistakes and get carried away at times. I'm not saying people should be perfect because only angels are perfect, but habitually discussing the private affairs of others is terrible. And yes, you should be afraid (or wary) of people like that coz if they can negatively discuss other people their absence, nothing will prevent them from doing the same to you in your absence.
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2014 11:06

Yasin wrote:
View original post

That's not what the youngsters say, they say this :p

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2014 13:12
mmb786 wrote:
I mean, its no sin to collect handbags and shoes, right? alhamdulillah we all unanimously agree on that point. But its a BIG sin concern yourself with other peoples private affairs - thats why women should rather spend their time obsessing over handbags than speculating about why aunty Fatima is getting so fat and why uncle Husain is getting so thin etc etc etc.

Collecting bags and shoes will be sin if it cross the limits and reach the level of Israf. Unfortunately thats also common among womenfolk.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2014 13:33
mmb786 wrote:
View original post

Why is Aunty Fatima getting so fat and Uncle Hussain so thin? Doesn't she feed him? :p
+2 -1Dislike x 1Winner x 1Creative x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2014 13:48
+1 -0Like x 1