Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#62 [Permalink] Posted on 26th September 2014 10:57
london786 wrote:
View original post

London786 wrote:
and state a person needs to do bait before being given zikr

Then someone should bring these two shuyookh (with due respect) to the notice of their Mashaikh and correct them..

It gives a wrong message to people that such DIY sulook is open to all and sundry..

I shall have a word with Shaikh Tauqeer Chaudhry (db) on this إن شاء الله..
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#63 [Permalink] Posted on 26th September 2014 11:06
dr76 wrote:
View original post

I think it is less to do with the mashaikh but rather people misunderstanding them and also the fact they have to use diplomacy and work slowly amongst people.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#64 [Permalink] Posted on 11th October 2014 17:04
It took a while, but I finally got an answer from Mufti `Abdur-Rahman.

Question: As-salaamu `alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu

Mufti sahib,

This is regarding your talk on youtube titled "The Distracted Hearts Generation", found here: [link to video]

In the short talk, you advise people to do a certain muraaqabah, in which they contemplate on nur entering their heart and the heart starts to say "Allah, Allah...".

After talking to the student of a shaykh, it was brought to my attention that this muraaqabah should not have been advised to the general public. The brother says that the muraaqabah you described can only be practiced after getting permission from a shaykh and keeping correspondence with him. Self-practice of such a muraaqabah can lead to a spiritual or psychological ailment.

Please comment on whether this brother is correct.

The brother also wishes to know who you got your ijaazah from.

jazaakAllah
wassalaam.

Answer:

Assalamu alaykum

Jazakumullah for your email. That is the first lesson of the Naqshbandi Mujaddidi path and it is allowed for anyone to do it. However, to progress to the lessons beyond this one needs a shaykh. Shaykh Zulfiqar and many other shuyukh do this first lesson openly in public gatherings. This is the way people will find benefit.
My ijaza in this is from shaykh Zulfiqar.

Wassalam
Abdur-Rahman
www.whitethreadpress.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My oh my, this has gotten interesting...

Doc sahib, what are your thoughts on the above?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#65 [Permalink] Posted on 11th October 2014 18:26
Arslan. wrote:
View original post

السلام عليكم

Strange and in contrast with what Hazrat Shaikh Zulfiqar Naqshbandi sahab (db) says Here

So our next stop should be Hazrat Shaikh Zulfiqar Naqshbandi (db)

The following was the response given by Tasawwuf.org to a brother here with the same question.

" What is your intention for seeking Zikr Qalbi?

If you want to make Islah and learn how to become a Zakir, then how will you possibly do this without keeping Rabita (connection) with a Shaykh/Murshid?

If you wish to make Zikr Qalbi as outlined on the website, you may do this, but you must also keep Rabita with a Shaykh of this Tariqa who can assess your progress. Otherwise, how will you know which direction you are taking? What will you know of the effects of the Zikr?

If you wish to make Zikr Qalbi for some other motive, then still we must present ourselves before a Kamil Shaykh in order that we may learn how to make a pure intention.

Check yourself, as to why you want to learn this Muraqabah. From this, you will understand that the main goal for us is to seek a Kamil Shaykh for the purpose of Islah and then remain steadfast on their guidance.

Furthermore, if you are still seeking a Shaykh, then how is it possible that you take the Zikr Qalbi method of one Shaykh, do not maintain any contact with him and still seek a Shaykh?

Dear brother, I hope it is clear that there has to be some resolve from your side to develop a relationship with a Shaykh/Murshid. Based on this connection, you will work on the Zikr that the Shaykh teaches. A sincere seeker of the Pleasure of Allah will solidify this relationship and remain under the guidance of his Shaykh.

Now, if you wish to take the method of our Mashayikh, then yes, you should begin the Zikr Qalbi but also keep in touch with one of the respected Khulafa of Hazrat Shaykh Zulfiqar Sahib Naqshbandi. This is a well-trodden path of the great Mashayikh of Naqshband. Tariqah is a slippery path, a guide is necessary to keep us on track."

So Yes it gets interesting.. and confusing with Mufti sahab.. :-)

duas..

wa Assalam..
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#66 [Permalink] Posted on 11th October 2014 22:55
This topic is ever confusing yet evermore interesting Alhumdulillah.

Khair, amongst all the confusion you brothers are in, I'm the only one who can honestly "boast" that I'm "Zakir" and non can deny it.

:)
+3 -0Like x 1Creative x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#67 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2014 05:00
^ Yes Alhamdulillah and without the "Naik" :-)
+3 -0Winner x 1Creative x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#68 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2014 05:10
@ Bro Arslan

The good thing is the Mufti saheb responded.. appreciate that.. else i tweet these Mufti's (with so many followers) and they make me feel as if im a sheduled caste fellow asking a Brahmin.. :-) .They would go lengths tweeting each other on how nice the bitter gourd their brother-inlaw grew in the backyard.. but wouldn't consider a reply..

The exception to this i found our Dear Mufti Abu Hajira sahab.. and the dua for him comes through the heart.. ( There may be others too.. wallahu alam)

wa Assalam..

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#69 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2014 05:24
dr76 wrote:
View original post

Yes bhai, but still a few doubts linger. Bear with me please :)

The links you gave regarding Shaykh Zulfiqar; having read them, I noticed that the shaykh does not specifically mention that muraaqabah which Mufti `Abdur-Rahman was talking about. He just mentioned the general prohibition of asbaaq and muraaqabah without a shaykh. How do you know this specific muraaqabah falls into this category?

Dont get me wrong, for now I'll trust you. But after getting a contradicting response from a MUFTI who has ijaazah from the very shaykh you are giving links too, you can imagine how iffy im feeling right now.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#70 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2014 07:39
Arslan. wrote:
View original post

No probs bhai.. he mentions in ur mail "That is the first lesson of the Naqshbandi Mujaddidi path and it is allowed for anyone to do it."

The first lesson is Zikr e Qalbi in Naqshbandiya and thats what Hazrat Shaikh Zulfiqar Naqshbandi (db) and response from Tasawwuf.org speaks about..

Mufti sahab seems to make his own Ijtehad.. wallahu Alam.. what i say is bro if he wants to give general Ijazah from his own.. why not.. but dont shy away from taking responsibilty and not giving contact details.. where do the person go next.. to Zakir Naik..? :-)

Quote:
I noticed that the shaykh does not specifically mention that muraaqabah which Mufti `Abdur-Rahman was talking about.

The Shaikh was mentioning any Asqbaq of Naqshbandiya.. and that includes the 1st one..and the 2nd one.. so on.. :-)

"Arslan wrote:
How do you know this specific Muraaqabah falls into this category?

Thats the First Asbaq of Naqshbandiya bro (Zikr e Qalbi). .here and its NOT from Hisn e Hasin or Munajaat Maqbool ..etc :-)

I understand how ur feeling rt now.. same here :-)

wa Assalam..
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#71 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2014 10:08
"Mufti Abdur-Rahman wrote:
Assalamu 'alaykum wa rahmat Allahi wa barakatuh

Only the first lesson is allowed without a shaykh. There are in total 35 lessons. People can ask Shaykh Zulfiqar saheb directly or any of the khulafa about that, such as Mufti Kamal saheb. That is why they do the same muraqaba (which is the first lesson) in public with people who are not in the silsila. There are numerous bayans of theirs online at the end of which they do this muraqaba and not all these bayans are in murids.

When we say the first lesson is allowed without a shaykh, it means people do not have to have taken bay'a to do it. It is a like a taster lesson. Anybody who is serious and who starts doing it diligently will start seeing the benefits, and then will have the desire to associate themselves with a shaykh to benefit further and advance on the path. To advance they have to have a shaykh.

Wassalam
Abdur-Rahman
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#72 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2014 18:52
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

السلام عليكم

we are back to square one (as usual with his response :-)) .. so is the First Muraqabah not from Silsilah Naqshbandiya.. or from any Masnoon Adhkar..

So contradicting .. The Tasawwuf.org says impermissible.. Shaikh Zulfiqar sahab (db) says not allowed.. all the books of Naqshbandi mashaikh says Silsila Adhkar (right from 1st lesson) not allowed without Shaikh.. and This Maulana sahab says something else without even giving contact details to approach him..

so why do only this Muraqabah.. taster.. yeah and what next.. what if the guy goes loony.. say he is affected with jinn etc..
who shall take responsibility..

or is it also #ForaFewFollowersMore ? :-)

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#73 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2014 19:43
dr76 wrote:
View original post

Would the first lesson be once the students have taken bayt, and then the real stuff starts. And not the lessons given in public talks?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#74 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2014 20:34
To get an answer in perspective, Mufti Abdur Rahman ibn Yusuf had to read from post 64 onwards. Thereafter he had said what he said and gave me permission to reproduce his words.

Therefore, if you feel there is some sort of misunderstanding, then I would recommend you email him directly.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#75 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2014 20:36
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

The First Lesson is Zikr Qalbi which is our discussion. Contact with a shaikh is necessary to initiate it (and monitor progress), one may bayat later on.

The lesson which Shaikh Abdur Rahman sahab (db) gave publicly is the one mentioned above. without taking any responsibility.
No post ratings

Jump to page: