Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abuzayd2k
9 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 1st February 2014 11:30
The above post was been (most likely accidental) given a thumbs down. No need to own up, but please select what was intended by clicking on another selection.

جزاك الله خيرا
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Agree x 1Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 6th February 2014 06:17
A Historic Seminar On Allama Farahi's life And Works

December 1 1991

Reflections
A.U. Asif

`The Farahi thought revolves around the Holy Quran and emphasises upon the complete code of Islam.' This was the gist of the views expressed by the participants in the three-day seminar on `Allama Farahi: Life and Works' held on 8-10 October, 1991 at the famous Islamic seminary, Madarasatul Islah, Sarai Meer (U.P. India) under the auspices of the Old Boys Association headed by the well known Islamic ideologue Maulana Sadruddin Islahi.

About two hundred delegates attended the seminar. More than two dozen scholars read their papers. About forty papers on different topics dealing with Allama Farahi's contribution had had been received.

"These papers are valuable and some selected pieces should be published in a souvenir", said Dr. Kauser Yazdani Nadvi, Editor, Islamic Hindi weekly `Kanti'.

Prominent among those paticipating in the seminar were Maulana Abul Hasan Ali Nadvi, Rector, Nadwatul Ulema, Lucknow, Maulana Sultan Ahmed Islahi and Maulana Minhajuddin Islahi from Pakistan, Maulana Amanatullah Islahi from Nigeria, Maulana Jalaluddin Anser Umri, Naib Ameer, Jamaat-i-Islami Hind and Maulana Mohammed Farooque Khan, a renowned Islamic scholar. The three-day seminar, held at the hall of the under-construction building, discussed various aspects of Allama Farahi's life and works. After the welcome address by Maulana Ashfaque Ahmed Islahi, it was inaugurated formally by Maulana Syed Abul Hasan Ali Nadvi, popularly known as `Ali Mian'. He dealt in detail with the kinds of knowledge and appreciated Allama Farahi's masterpiece "Jamhiratul Balagha". The presidential address was to be read by Maulana Sadruddin Islahi but he could not turn up due to his ill-health. However, he participated in the concluding session of the seminar on the third day.

The following papers were read at the seminar, which was conducted by Dr. Ishtiaq Ahmed Zilli: 1) "The Teachers of Maulana Farahi" by Dr. Sharfuddin Islahi; 2) "Allama Taqiuddin Halali and Maulana Farahi" by Maulana Abu Subhan Nadvi of Nadwatul Ulema; 3) "Maulana Farahi in the Light of the Writings of Allama Shibli" by Dr. Abu Sufyan Islahi of AMU, Aligarh; 4) "The Farahi Thought in Shibli's Seeratunnabi" by Dr. Mohammed Yasin Mazher Siddiqui, AMU, Aligarh; 5) "Meezan Shibli in the Quranic Thoughts of Allama Farahi" by Prof. Masudur Rahman Khan Nadvi, AMU, Aligarh; 6) "The Hakumat-i-llahiyyia and Maulana Farahi" by Maulana Nizamuddin Islahi, Pricipal, Jamiatul Falah, Bilairyaganj; 7) "A Study of the Trends of Shah Waliullah and Maulana Farahi With Respect to Muajza" by Saud Alam Quasmi, AMU, 8) "The Angle of the Farahi Thought in the Light of `Jamhiratul Balagha' and`Asalibul Quran' " by Maulana Naeemuddin Islahi of Jamiatul Falah; 9) "Maulana Farahi's Notes on the Rasael of Ibn-i-Taimiyya" by Maulana Ziauddin Islahi, Nazim, Darul Musannifeen, Azamgrah; 10)"Shaan-i-Nuzool of Quran: Maulana Farahi's Point of View" by Mr Wasi Iqbal of Rampur; 11) "Maulana Farahi's Principles of the Quranic Commentary" by Ashhad Rafique Nadvi, AMU; 12) "Imam Farahi and Ilm-i-Tafseer" by Maulana Inayatuallah Subhani, Jameatul Falah; 13) "Maulana Farahi and Ilm-i-Tafseer" by Jalaluddin Anser Umri, Naib Ameer, Jamaat-i-Islami Hind; 14) "Maslak-i-Hadees of Tarjumanul Quran: Farahi"' by Maulana Sultan Ahmed Islahi, AMU; 15) "Maulana Farahi and Tafsiri Traditions" by Dr. Mohammed Rasiul Islam Nadvi, AMU; 16) "Maualana Farahi's Views about Tafseer Bir Rai and Tafseer Masoor" by Maulana Naseem Zaheer Islahi; 17) "Maulana Farahi and the Knowledge of Hadees" by Dr Altaf Ahmed Azmi, Jamia Hamdard, N. Delhi; 18) "Maulana Farahi's Tafseer of Surah Ikhlaas In Comparison With Other Commentaries and Translations" by Dr Ghiyasuddin Nadvi, Tibbiya College, Lucknow; 19) "`The Critical View of Maulana Farahi" by Prof. Mohammed Rashid Nadvi; AMU; 20) "The Literary and Poetical Thoughts of Maulana Farahi" by Dr Syed Abdul Bari `Shabnam Subhani', Awadh University, Faizabad; 21) "Al-Ustad Imam Farahi Min Khilale­Kutubihi fil Qawaid" by Dr. Shameemul Hasan, JNU; 22) "Hisas Nigahi (oversensitivity) and Maulana Farahi" by Maulana Mohammed Farooque Khan, a noted Islamic scholar; 23) "Nazariya Nazm-i-Quran and Maulana Farahi" by Maulana Mohammed Arif Islahi, Darul Musannefin, Azamgarh; 24) "Al-Muqarenat Baina Sheril Farahi wal Sheril Jadeed" (A comparison between the poetry of Imam Farahi and modern poetry) by Dr. Mohammed Aslam Islahi, Kashmir University; 25) "Maulana Farahi;s Educational Thoughts" by Mr. Muzaffar Hussain Ghazali, Institute of objective studies, N. Delhi.

Each paper read at the seminar was followed by the questions asked by the participants. The scholar concerned tried to answer them. The atmosphere was a very lively and scholarly. Some of the papers were appreciated very much. While a few papers dealt with the principles of the Quran, others discussed the late Allama's thoughts regarding Hadees.

As is well known, Allama Farahi believed in Tafseer bil Quran. `He particularly emphasised on the `Nazm-i-Quran' (Coherence in the Quran). The session discussing the late Allama's thoughts regarding Hadees was very interesting. Several questions were asked. This session was presided over by Maulana Jalaluddin Anser Umri. Maulana Umri concluded that it is not essential to prove wrong the standpoint of the entire Ummah just to justify certain assertions or views of Allama Farahi. `We should judge the views and points of the Ummah and if they are found correct, they should be accepted', he asserted. Dr Syed Abdul Bari, president, Idaara Adab Islami Hind, in his paper rejected the concept of `literature for the sake of literature' and pleaded for literature with a mission.

The paper on `Muajza' by Maulana Saud Alam Quasmi, nazim, Theology Faculty, AMU, also drew attention. Similarly, the papers relating to the Hukumat-e-llahiyya and the concept of Khilafat by Maulana Nizamuddin Islahi and Maulana Abdullah Fahad Falahi were also hailed. According to them, the late Allama's thoughts are not different from the Ummah's views. Allama Farahi wanted to see an Islamic order. For this he wanted to begin with the reforms of the Ulema. According to him, they could not be reformed without the correct understanding of the Quran. Therefore, he devoted his full time to this work.

It was the first time the seminary held a grand seminar. The public address in the evening of the first day attracted a large gathering. One also noticed the existence of the students' library `Darul Mutalia'. It had a very good collection of books and periodicals. The old issues of most of the famous Islamic journals have been preserved by the students. The management deserved appreciation and encouragement.

"The credit of my Islamic thinking actually goes to the late Allama Farahi whose thoughts so much impressed me that I decided to write a thought provoking article `Musalmaan aur Imaamat-i-Kubra'. It was sent to the late Maulana Maudoodi who published it in three instalments in his `Tarjumanul Quran' in 1937. This all, of course, helped me the following year to participate in the efforts for establishing the `Idaara Darul Islam' (Pathankot) which proved to be a threshold (Naqsha-e-Awwal) to the Islamic movement in the sub-continent", revealed Maulana Sadruddin Islahi, the 75-year old patriarch of the Islamic movement, while talking to this scribe.

(Courtesy "The Weekly Radiance", Delhi, India)
No post ratings
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 27th February 2014 02:42
Google search 'Refutation of Moulvi Hameeduddin Farahi and his school of thought',there is a thread on sunniforum with few refutations.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 27th February 2014 11:02
No post ratings
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2022 10:20
Fatwa of kufr upon Maulana Hameeduddin Farahi RA
Quote:
We had gone to meet Maulana Ameen Ahsan Islahi RA and ask him about some historical matters. We heard of this incident personally from Maulana Ameen Ahsan Islahi RA. Maulana Ameen Ahsan Islahi RA told us that he witnessed the noor of taqwa on the faces of two individuals, his teacher Maulana Hameeduddin Farahi RA, and Maulana Husain Ahmad Madni RA. Maulana Ameen Ahsan Islahi RA was in the final years of his life when he narrated this to us. When he told us this, he began crying.

Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi RA issued a fatwa of kufr from Thana Bhavan upon Maulana Hameeduddin Farahi RA. Shah Abdul Ghani Phoolpuri RA was a khalifa of Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi RA, and Shah Abdul Ghani RA spearheaded the efforts of getting the fatwa issued by Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi RA. When this fatwa was issued, Maulana Islahi RA said Maulana Farahi RA and his associates did not take much notice of it.

After the fatwa was issued, Maulana Husain Ahmad Madni RA came to see Maulana Hameeduddin Farahi RA. At the time, Maulana Madni RA was the Shaykhul Hadeeth of Darul Uloom Deoband and had thousands of khulafa. Maulana Madni RA was at the stage in his life when he carried one of the highest authoritative positions in the Islamic world. When Maulana Madni RA visited, he asked to look at the fatwa and seek out Maulana Farahi's views and beliefs. Maulana Madni RA concluded that there was no matter of kufr in the views of Maulana Farahi RA.

Maulana Madni RA told Maulana Farahi RA that he would stay with him for a few days and that the general public should be made aware of Maulana Madni's visit. Maulana Madni RA held a jalsa the next day after isha prayers and refuted the entire fatwa of kufr on Maulana Farahi RA. Maulana Madni RA said that we seek to unite Muslims, not cause disunity and discord. Maulana Madni RA said that Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi RA was wrongly informed of Maulana Farahi's views, and Maulana Ashraf Ali RA was unable to come and meet Maulana Farahi RA personally to get clarification of his views and writings before issuing the fatwa.
Source: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnDei_SFacc (Mufti Saeed Khan DB, Islamabad, Pakistan).
No post ratings