Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Is this site reliable?

You have contributed 4.2% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 14th January 2014 03:29
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

I am an extremely novice student of Arabic, but the last part of the translation - "and blessing us with you" - seems accurate. It says "wa manna `alayna bika" which roughly translates to "and [Allaah] bestowed a favor upon us with you." The word "manna" is the same one used here, so you can see the various uses of the word in the Qur'aan.

Allow me also to comment that it is not only the Salafis who understand Mawlid celebrations to be bid`ah. This is also the approach of the `Ulamaa' of Deoband, if I'm not mistaken. Take a look at this fatwa approved by Mufti Ebrahim Desai [daamat barakaatuh]. Our dear brother SeekerOfGuidance from SF has also uploaded this and this relating to the matter.

Forgive me for any errors above.

Was-salaam
report post quote code quick quote reply
+4 -1Dislike x 1Disagree x 1Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 14th January 2014 06:22
This post has been reported. It could be due to breaking rules or something as simple as bad use of bbcodes which breaks the page format. We will attend to this soon.
+1 -0Ameen x 1Winner x 1Optimistic x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 14th January 2014 15:23

Brother, do you know whose fataawa that website contains?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 14th January 2014 15:32
Arslan. wrote:
View original post

According to the site it say:

QUOTE:

Unless stated otherwise, the fatwas and answers to questions are taken from the writings of Hazrat Maulana Ahmad Sadeq Desai (Damat Barakatuhum) who is a khalifah of Shaykh Maseehullah Khan (rahmatullahi alayh), one of the foremost khalifahs of the great Mujaddid Shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanwi (rahmatullah alayhi) (d.1943). The articles authored by "Mujlisul Ulama" are also by him.

END QUOTE:

So that means they are using his Fatawa as well as others and can easily be mistaken. Brother Umar has mentioned that Mufti A.S.Desai is good, so he must be talking about the "others"
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 14th January 2014 16:28
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

No I was talking about Mufti Ebrahim Desai saheb of askimam.org who is a seasoned scholar . Maulana A.S. Desai saheb is a different scholar, who runs Majlis.net . I respect him, perhaps even the dust that flies from his foot is worthier than me, but I don't take Fiqh from him.
+2 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 14th January 2014 16:34
umar123 wrote:
View original post

My error. Too many Desai's on the block, one tends to lose track.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 14th January 2014 22:11
Regardless of personal beliefs, views and opinions, the forum is not the correct place to be discussing ulamah and fatawahs جزاك الله خيرا

Please maintain respect for each other and Ulamaa (if topic is about a scholar) by avoiding accusations and slanderous comments. Also remember that in order for criticism to be constructive, it must be channeled in the right direction. If there is any doubt in a matter, it is better to ask, clarify or to remain silent rather than to speak ill of another person.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 15th January 2014 00:46
Taalibah wrote:
View original post

Inna lillahi! So you accusing me of slandering someone??
Where have I slandered anyone? I have NOT said anything false against them, I m just quoting the facts that have been posted in those unreliable websites.
This is indeed an unnecessary accusation!!
+1 -0Disagree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 15th January 2014 00:48
Quote:
samah's

I am an extremely novice student of Arabic, but the last part of the translation - "and blessing us with you" - seems accurate. It says "wa manna `alayna bika" which roughly translates to "and [Allaah] bestowed a favor upon us with you." The word "manna" is the same one used here, so you can see the various uses of the word in the Qur'aan.

جزاك الله خيرا
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 15th January 2014 06:16
umar123 wrote:
View original post

Brother, forum rules are never personal and should never be taken as personal accusations, it was placed as a reminder in regards to the following policy, discussion on ulama and fatawahs, related topics on difference of opinions are simply not allowed, the rule was placed after mashwera and was a joint decision, as a reminder for all, my apologies if it caused you offence....

Any material found offensive, non-beneficial, bias or negative, can and will be removed without notice. Continuous breach of this rule can lead to temporary or permanent bans. There will also be a zero tolerance approach on negativity towards Ulamaa generally which has increased in recent times. You may address your issues on your blogs or in private sections of the forum. These posts may be reported, edited, split moved or simply deleted without notice.

+2 -0Like x 2
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 21st January 2014 18:51
This post has been reported. It could be due to breaking rules or something as simple as bad use of bbcodes which breaks the page format. We will attend to this soon.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd January 2014 03:41
umar123 wrote:
View original post

Assalamu'alaikum.

I want to know about this site.

I've read this it seems to have valid points.

Also, read this, this, and this
I want to know these are sunni scholars of four madhahib or not? Is there fatwah correct or wrong according to true sunnis?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd January 2014 06:10
Maria al-Qibtiyya wrote:
View original post

wa alaikum assalaam.

It is an anti-wahhabi website. A lot of things mentioned in it seems to be true.
About the specific fatwas you were asking, I do not have the depth of knowledge to examine them.

Wallahu alam.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd January 2014 13:13
umar123 wrote:
View original post

جزاك الله خيرا

There seems to be a difference of opinion cos many sunni scholars don't issue the fatwah of wahabis being khawarij [wallahu 'Alam] or maybe not all wahabis considered to be khawarij but some [wallahu 'Alam].
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2014 09:35

Stay away from these sites, you'll get confused even more.

Stick to the mainstream ulema and their websites of ahlus Sunnah that's where the safety and kher is.

Quote:

Ask Imam
Darul Iftaa
Shariah Board (Mufti Nawalur Rahman, urdu)
Mufti Says
Sunnipath
Darulfiqh

www.tafseer-raheemi.com (Mufti Abdur Raheem Limbada - UK)

alhaadi.org.za/ (Mufti Ebrahim Salejee, Principal of Madressah Taleemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa)

www.alislam.co.za (Mufti A.H. Elias - Durban, South Africa)

mujlisul.ulama@gmail.com (The Imaam of "Walaa" and "Baraa": Maulana A.S. Desai - Mujlisul Ulama of South Africa)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Was-Salaam.
+4 -0Like x 3