Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2013 11:13
Assalaamu 'Alaykum

Can anyone direct me to any information in the form of websites, forums, books, etc that deal with the history of Islam and Muslims in the Caucasas. Concise but in-depth to a novice regarding this subject.

Much appreciated, jazakallah khayr.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2013 13:32

"afriki_haqq" wrote:
Assalaamu 'Alaykum Can anyone direct me to any information in the form of websites, forums, books, etc that deal with the history of Islam and Muslims in the Caucasas. Concise but in-depth to a novice regarding this subject. Much appreciated, jazakallah khayr.

We have many Chechnian Muslims in our Masjid and many are my good friends and there is a lack of historical information but this is the only Nation which the Sahaba (RA) couldn't defeat militarily and when you spend time with them you know that these are some tough people man!

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2013 14:20
The writer of this series is researching to write a series concerning the history of the Caucasus particularly for the coming Ramadan so I was asked about this and this, naturally, sparked my interest. I came to realise that 1. my own knowledge about the region is lacking (besides for knowing the name of Imam Shamil of Daghestan) and 2. material is not easily available even on Shaykh Google.

Any assistance from anyone here would be appreciated.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2013 14:35

"afriki_haqq" wrote:
The writer of this series is researching to write a series concerning the history of the Caucasus particularly for the coming Ramadan so I was asked about this and this, naturally, sparked my interest. I came to realise that 1. my own knowledge about the region is lacking (besides for knowing the name of Imam Shamil of Daghestan) and 2. material is not easily available even on Shaykh Google. Any assistance from anyone here would be appreciated.

Can he read Urdu? 3 of the most authoritative books of Islamic history

islamicbookslibrary.wordpress.com/2012/04/29/tareekh-e-is...

islamicbookslibrary.wordpress.com/2010/09/25/tareekh-ibne...

islamicbookslibrary.wordpress.com/2010/09/26/tabaqat-ibn-...

No post ratings