Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Special request for Dua.

Jump to page:

You have contributed 6.8% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Taqwah, sweetmuslimahk1, Taalibah, Naqshband66, samy.3660, Desi tadka, AishaZaynap, dr76, muslim11, ibn Ismail, sipraomer, Muslimah S
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#256 [Permalink] Posted on 30th September 2019 04:41
Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

Wazifa = Praising Allah Subhan o Ta'ala by repeating certain verses or duas from ahadith in order to invoke Almighty's help. So what's wrong in wazifa. If it is according to shariah and there is no shirk in the kalimat then well and good.

From the ahadith the wazifa/Ruqya of Surah Fateha for the sick is proved.

Wazaif and duas are all spiritual asbaab. The final decision is of Allah Ta'ala.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#257 [Permalink] Posted on 30th September 2019 09:37
Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

I'll give you another example :)

There is Zamzam which can be used for illness too. The Hadith says that zamzam is whatever it is used for, i.e. your intention and need.

So would you take zamzam on its own with full conviction that it will work (so long as you and your body believes) or would you go for the experiment carried out by elders of taking water with a pinch salt, a dash of vinegar, some rose petals, black seeds and a spoon full of honey 7 times a day for 7 weeks after offering 14 rakat of Nafil Salah? (in this case, lets assume zamzam was not available, think about it, and then think about it if zamzam is available)

What would you prefer and recommend for yourself and others?
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#258 [Permalink] Posted on 30th September 2019 10:00
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Yes thats making sense. It should not exceed to a level of rituals. Thanks
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#259 [Permalink] Posted on 30th September 2019 10:02
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Brother so there someone have mentioned to take bath first thing in morning and then do the wazifa.

One should need to avoid that? I wanted to recommend it to a friend. Thanks
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#260 [Permalink] Posted on 30th September 2019 10:02
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

JazakAllah khair brother
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#261 [Permalink] Posted on 30th September 2019 10:07
Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

Not what I was trying to say :)

See this thread for better understanding www.muftisays.com/forums/27-sharing-portal/12671-the-real...

Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

Bathing is good, it can remove illness of some kind as per the Hadith. It also cleanses the body of impurity before reciting Quran etc.

Wazifa are tried out experiments, if they work, great. But Quran and Sunnah is divine - these should be given priority, that's all.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#262 [Permalink] Posted on 30th September 2019 10:53
Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

The word wazifa is a generic term used in the sub-continent.

First type is forms of Dua and Zikr mentioned in Quran or Hadith recommended by the Prophet (saw).

For example Istighfar, la hawla wala quwatta illah billah. Hasbunallahu wa ni mal wakil.

To recite those abundantly is commendable.

The second form of wazaif are those that are based on rituals or personal experiences and habits of individuals.

These type of wazaif one needs to be cautious of.

Because people then start considering the ritualistic form of Wazaif to be superior to those in accordance with Quran and Sunnah.

Everything that is sunnah is superior and has greater barakah in it. Hope that explains things.

+2 -0Agree x 1Winner x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#263 [Permalink] Posted on 30th September 2019 10:55
How are you coping now brother Abdur Rahman ibn Awf?
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#264 [Permalink] Posted on 30th September 2019 11:21
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

The good news the catheter has been removed.

But my back has not fully recovered and it is bent over double a sort of extreme curviture. That you see in really eldely people in their 80's or 90's so my mobility is limited still house bound.

On the plus-side the pain which was very high is now managable, and Alhamdulillah I have been able to clothe, shower, use bathroom myself although with some discomfort and with use of walking aids. Throughout.

My living circumstances at present are that I live in a bedsit. Within a shared house with non-muslim housemates.

It was my first experience of living in this kind of environment. But going back to the power of sunnah, when I moved in to this address I was a bit non-plussed as to how to deal with things,.. So I tried to conduct myself in accordance with sunnah as much as possible. In my interaction with others. Fellow residents really appreciate and landlord really appreciated this, and found it unusual.

And by the Grace of Allah and the brakah of the sunnah,..a couple of non muslim residents have gone over and beyond in there help towards me. As well as the landlord. From doing my shopping for me, making cups of tea for me, keeping me company to help take my mind if things. Even arranging transport for medical appointments.

It really has made me appreciate how great the sunnah way of dealing with others is...it has certainly paid dividends for me.

+4 -0Like x 2Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#265 [Permalink] Posted on 30th September 2019 12:40
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

You are much strong brother MashaAllah.

Brother you can shop grocery online.they leave at your door. Tesco and Asda, thats very easy, you book slots and its very cheap. £1-2 delivery charges if u book in advance not for next day.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#266 [Permalink] Posted on 30th September 2019 12:42
View original post

JazakAllah brother that somehow i knew but i am confused about some say you should do wazaif some say just directly say duas.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#267 [Permalink] Posted on 30th September 2019 12:43
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

JazakAllah khair brother i been to this post and it did clear up the matter in question. JazakAllah khair
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#268 [Permalink] Posted on 30th September 2019 12:53
Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

Depends on what you mean by wazaif.

For example if you recite a sunnah Dua hundreds of times throughout the day. Then that is a wazifa.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#269 [Permalink] Posted on 30th September 2019 13:01
View original post

Mean i can recite 100x Hasbunallh wa naimal wakeel?

Its a wazifa that my Father got from some scholar for accomplishment of some task.

You mean it will be Counted in worship?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#270 [Permalink] Posted on 30th September 2019 13:22
Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

Yes of course it will...!

The issue is best described by the late Shaykh Hakeem Akhtar Shah رحمة الله عليه.

And I paraphrase . He stated that some forms of Dhikr are very powerful should be done under the guidance of a spiritual expert.

Usually a novice person, either self-prescribes the spiritual prescription or does more then what has been recommended this have negative psychological effects.

The example he gave was that if Doctor gives a 7 day course of antibiotics with three pills to be taken each-day. Compromising a total of 21 pills for the week.

But if the patient instead decides to take all 21 pills in one go, he will have side effects. Whatsmore will not resolve the infection.probably further compound the illness.

Those type of Wazaif that have strong side-effects are normally the ones compromising the sifaats of ALLAH. YA Qadir, Ya Muqtadir, Ya Mutakkabir etc.

Although other forms of Zikr are also very powerful and also not recommended to be recited excessively without guidance.

A Shaykh normally will increase the persons recitation slowly so intially 500 then 1000 then 1500 etc.

The powerful forms of Zikr and Wazaif are known as Jalali and the ones you can recite abundantly are known as Jamali.

The following thread explains it.

www.muftisays.com/forums/24-help--support/10749-whats-jal...

+1 -0

Jump to page: