Please vote to view the results or click here to see results
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
sweetmuslimahk1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 20th January 2017 10:03

Here's How Google Tracks You (And What You Can Do About It)

Ever get the feeling you're being watched?

It's because you are – and, as Visual Capitalist's Jeff Desjardins details, for a rough proxy of this, use the browser extension Ghostery to see how many tracking scripts are watching you on a typical media site. (It doesn't work for everything, but a large media site like Vice.com has 50+ trackers, with 40 of them focused on advertising).

Capturing this user data helps sites sell their inventory to advertisers, but a select few companies operate in this capacity at a whole different level. Google and Facebook are the best of examples of this, as nearly $0.60 of every dollar spent on digital advertising goes to them. They both have the sophistication and ubiquity to capture incredible amounts of information about you.

GOOGLE IS EVERYWHERE

Today's infographic, which comes to us from Mylio, focuses in on Google in particular.

The search giant is massive in size, and there is a good chance you tap into Googleverse in some way:

Global market penetration for Android is 61-81%.

Google has a 78.8% market share for online search.

The company generates $67.4 billion in annual ad revenue.

Google processes two trillion searches annually.

30-50 million websites use Google Analytics to for tracking.

There are 700,000 apps available in the Google Play store.

82% of videos watched online come from YouTube.

In total, Google has at least 79 products and services.

According to Google's documentation, it uses these services to pull out information on the “things you do”, “things you create”, and the things that make you unique.

SEE WHAT GOOGLE COLLECTS

All in all, Google tracks your activity history, location history, audio history, and device history. It also builds a profile for you for serving ads – age, gender, location, income, and other demographic data.

You can view and actually download this history by using a tool called Google Takeout.

Many people understand that their data helps support advertising revenues on websites they enjoy. Others are rightly concerned about their privacy, and how their information is used. Regardless of which category you fit in, becoming informed about how privacy on the internet works will help you craft an experience that best fits your preferences.

Powered by News Republic
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd March 2018 08:17
```Hello! Is this Gordon's Pizza?

No sir, it's Google's Pizza.

Did I dial the wrong number?

No sir, Google bought the pizza store.

Oh, alright - then I’d like to place an order please.

Okay sir, do you want the usual?

The usual? You know what my usual is?

According to the caller ID, the last 15 times you’ve ordered a 12-slice with double-cheese, sausage, and thick crust.

Okay - that’s what I want this time too.

May I suggest that this time you order an 8-slice with ricotta, arugula, and tomato instead?

No, I hate vegetables.

But your cholesterol is not good.

How do you know?

Through the subscribers guide. We have the results of your blood tests for the last 7 years.

Maybe so, but I don’t want the pizza you suggest – I already take medicine for high cholesterol.

But you haven’t taken the medicine regularly. 4 months ago you purchased from Drugsale Network a box of only 30 tablets.

I bought more from another drugstore.

It's not showing on your credit card sir.

I paid in cash.

But according to your bank statement you did not withdraw that much cash.

I have another source of cash.

This is not showing on your last tax form, unless you got it from an undeclared income source.

To HELL With Ur Pizza..!!
ENOUGH!!
I'm sick of Google, Facebook, Twitter, and WhatsApp. I'm going to an island without internet, where there’s no cellphone line, and no one to spy on me ...

I understand sir, but you’ll need to renew your PASSPORT ... it expired 5 weeks ago'''
+5 -0Like x 2Winner x 3Creative x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2019 12:50
A little reminder of PRIVACY (But hey, we got nothing to hide!)

myaccount.google.com/data-and-personalization

You can pause your activity or make it live. Plus many more features and settings

Personally, I've got some on pause and some on live - otherwise, haveing to use the internet without knowing your activity can be a nightmare. It's got it's pro and cons.
+2 -0
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 18th March 2019 17:07
In the times similar to the times of Ashaab e Kahaf, if anyone living in urban areas with internet access thinks or believes that he can remain anonymous whether he/she uses google or not, is a fool of the highest order.

If Allah wills then one will be caught and if Allah doesn't will then one will not be caught. It is Allah who controls the universe and it is He who controls the hearts and minds. So keep doing the right work and keep telling and spreading the truth in as unambiguous way as possible.

As far as the governments and agencies are concerned, if they want to convict you of something then they don't need suspicious emails or suspicious content for that. Don't expect rules and morals from these morons. Develop your trust and connection with Allah and be brave. May Allah protect our iman at all times and in all situations.
+2 -0Like x 2