report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 6th June 2014 18:07
*****how relevant what afriki_haqq said:

Assalaamu 'Alaykum 

The double standards are blatant. When Shaykh ABC is seemingly disrespected then we are quick to jump up and down claiming disrespect for 'Ulama, etc. etc. But when Shaykh XYZ is blatantly disrespected and he belongs to a different maslak then we keep quiet and even join in. 

Is there any precedence in Shari'ah that permits or legitimises this scenario? 

Notice the double standards in this thread by the same people who shout double standards through their nostrils.
+3 -4Dislike x 4Agree x 1Disagree x 2Creative x 1
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 6th June 2014 23:46
What double standards? If a shaykh or leader does open haraam it is necessary that he is called for what he is. Otherwise imagine how many people will be at risk of falling into haraam or believing such haraam to be ok which results in Kufr. Do you propose just remaining silent and let the people fall into haraam and Kufr?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 7th June 2014 01:00
Your failure to understand my ishara is due to your not following the theme of the forum in the last few days. Let me explain. What shaikh ibrahim mogra did was probably the same level if not worse than what maulana tariq jameel and maulana ebrahim bham had been propagating. If shariat is our yardstick then why is a huge cry made when mufti as desai issued a fatwa against maulana tariq jameel and maulana ebrahim bham using the same methodology of verification. By listening to their talks. The fatwa was abused, misrepresented, called an error and one person even had the audacity to call it jealousy of the ulama from maulana tariq jameel. This statement is present on one of the blogs here.

But when a fatwa is issued by the same mufti against an alim or shaikh that the people dont know or dont like then they quickly jump the bandwagon and get their names enlisted in.

When we defend mufti as desai and show emotional controlled outrage over his slightest disrespect we are called bootlickers and hyprocrites with double standard for not showing the same amount of emotional reaction on the disrespect of other ulama of the same maslak or of other maslak. Even called extremists.

And the best of all tricks is to start shouting "dont force your fatwa on us" when no fatwa is even mentioned :)
+6 -2Dislike x 2Agree x 1Winner x 2
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 7th June 2014 01:00
Guest wrote:
View original post

Dear guest, brother Akaabir is refering to something else which is off topic.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 7th June 2014 01:11
Black Turban wrote:
View original post

Off topic or not.

Believe you me, his point is VERY valid.

We may disagree with names mentioned (and I only say that because I don't know the crimes) but his response is spot on.

Why defend one and dispatch another to hell?

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not implying that the mentioned Ulama should or shouldn't be defended. What I'm trying to say is that "I" personally don't know what all the argument is about with regards to the mentioned people.

As super-glue was answered in another thread, the tone used by Mufti Desai matches his culture, whereas for the rest of us, it seems impractical.

If I call you a "Rude Boy" that would be an insult because you would use it else where, but here in the UK, you say that to a teen and he'll raise his head high unfortunately.

Allah knows best what the "exact" issues are but the point he's making is 100% valid in my lowly opinion.

Once again, I reiterate, I'm not talking about any scholars that he has mentioned, just the lessons he has mentioned.
+2 -0Like x 1Agree x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 7th June 2014 01:13
Akaabir wrote:
View original post

Dear brother,

Please don't bring up issues which have already been resolved. As brother Muadh has stated several times that he is always ready to discuss these matters with you (and brother Deoband) privately, I think it's better to go for it. None of us expect hatred and enmity among those handful of Muslims who are holding the rope of Ahle Sunnah wal Jamaat.
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#53 [Permalink] Posted on 7th June 2014 01:21
Black Turban wrote:
View original post

Once again brother, don't get me wrong.

:)

Brother Akaabir, bother Black Turban is also 100% spot on. Please respect our wishes.
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#54 [Permalink] Posted on 7th June 2014 01:49
Black Turban wrote:
View original post

Whats this new trend of moderation here?

There is no hatred and enmity against any person. Why do you dig up old graves? You did this once in the enemies of ulama thread you are doing it here again.

Just remember one thing, the world does not revolve around me, brother deoband or Muadh Khan. It is a general observation not specific to one person.

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#55 [Permalink] Posted on 7th June 2014 02:30
Akaabir wrote:
View original post

That's fine. Your observations are general, therefore, I've got your point (I think other members as well). Now please have a break on this particular topic. There are plenty of other beneficial aspects which laymen like me should learn from you.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#56 [Permalink] Posted on 7th June 2014 02:39
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Brother, being neutral and trying to express a balanced view are very dangerous these days. Because you've to disagree with some points of group A and some points of group B. Consequently both groups will attack you.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#57 [Permalink] Posted on 7th June 2014 10:01
Black Turban wrote:
View original post

OR because you weren't appointed as the qadhi, you can stay away from this dangerous act of expression. When it is known to you that both groups will attack you why come into the line of fire?
+0 -4Dislike x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#58 [Permalink] Posted on 7th June 2014 10:11
Akaabir wrote:
View original post

Or the two groups can develop some common sense and stop their jahaliyya behaviour.
+4 -1Like x 1Dislike x 1Agree x 1Winner x 2Optimistic x 1
#59 [Permalink] Posted on 7th June 2014 11:02
Whatever the forum history it doesn't make sense. If shaykh ibrahim mogra does clear haraam and the other side calls him out for it then there's no two groups who are doing jahaliyya behaviour. The side that did haraam is false and the other side is obviously the truth. Of course fanboys of shaykh ibrahim mogra and those who like to make a show of being neutral and moderate will call it fitnah, disunity, jahaliyya etc. but only the side who did the haraam in the first place is the jahaliyya side.
+0 -0Like x 1
#60 [Permalink] Posted on 7th June 2014 11:13
Akaabir wrote:
View original post

so empty of wisdom is your reply that even a layman can call your bluff, you will be accounted for this, don't worry, anyone can see what pure hash was your maulana's fatwa on maulana tariq jameel and maulana ebrahim bham? now that you have compared the latter 2 maulana's with ebrahim mogra, you have a moral responsibility to bring anything and everything to substantiate your statements.

if not, the mods should ban akaabir for ever - set an example.

+0 -0Agree x 1