Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Top Members

Dua Vs Calamities

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 11th May 2020 23:39
Dua repels calamity.

As Mufti Abdur Rahman ibn Yusuf said in the talk on Depression, dua wards off calamities.

A bit like this.

Look at your Dua's going up and on its way are calamities coming to you. Your Dua's intercept these calamities and protect you!

MuftiARM said if you don't believe that, try not to make dua for a week and see what happens.

AND I'M NOT SUGGESTING YOU TRY THAT :)

Dua is most definitely a weapon for the believer!
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 12th May 2020 13:49
Jazakallahu Khairan for the nice reminder. I need to start making more Dua. Something I feel I have been lacking in recently.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 12th May 2020 23:53
Bismillah.

I heard a talk from Mufti Taqi Usmani years ago I dont remember exactly word for word so to paraphrase. He mentioned how as a child he was taught by one of his teachers Dr Abdul Hay al Arifi. That along with the formal duas one should make dua silently in the heart for each and every need and in each and every situation. Non stop throughout the day.

That Dua is the essence of worship and Our pious predecessors from the earlier generations would rely on dua so much so. That even if they felt thirsty they would first make dua then go and pour the water to drink.

Just as an example In everyday circumstances it could be something like the following. If you are going to the supermarket make dua for a safe journey, make dua that you find a convenient parking space. Make dua that you are able to find everything on your shopping list, make dua the shopping que is not too long. Make dua that Allah grants you barakah on the money you spend, and the goods you purchase. Whatsmore ALLAH is Al-Kareem he is most generous and loves the quality of generosity amongst his servants. Be ultra-generous in your duas. When you are asking ALLAH to grant you Barakah on the money you spend and the goods you purchase, ask ALLAH to grant every other shopper in the store Barakah as well on what they spend and purchase.

You can apply this method in every aspect of your life.

What the respected Mufti said in his talk seemed to make sense. I decided try this non-stop method of making dua regularly, As far as shopping goes I found that I was left with more money at the end of the month then normal.

Then when I tried it with other minor inconveniences of life. You know the sort of everyday annoyances that happen and you think to yourself "this is the last thing I need". You get overcharged in your bank statement or an invoice and you know that if you phone to complain you will be shunted from one department to the next. The whole thing will take weeks to resolve if at all. In these type of situations what I found was that more often then not to my surprise the problem was usually resolved on the first phone call.

With minor illnesses and ailments especially at winter time I would get a cough or symptoms of cold coming on and I would be fully expecting it to last a few weeks. What I found is that by making abundant Dua straight away before taking a couple of paracetamols or cough mixture I would wake up the next day fully recovered.

I have found similar things in many other circumstances were minor inconveniences were prevented from becoming major ones. By turning to ALLAH and making Dua at the first instance.

Ultimately this has helped increase my Yaqeen in the power of dua. And become more consistent in asking ALLAH in all situations.

I hope the above is of benefit Insha'Allah.

+4 -0Like x 4