You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Moonlight
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd April 2020 08:42
I came to Sunni Forum to find Sunni Muslims like myself who took there Deen from Deoband.

And then it disappeared.

I switched from SF to MS when SF became nearly defunct.

It has been a long time since then.

I landed as a Sufi type person with Dawah predilection.

I still possess both of these predilections even today but in the course of time my concerns have focussed more on the state of Muslims today, mainly in India but the world in general.

My indulgence has been mostly on the dull academic aspects.

Lately my focus got narrowed even further - Seervai in case of India and Edward said in global case.

HM Seervai wrote a book on partition of India and Edward Said on Orientalism.

This journey has been very long, arduous, exacting and enervating.

And this could not have been covered without the love of my brothers and sisters, earlier at SF and now, at MS.

By natural disposition I am a lazy person and M. Scott Peck said laziness is criminal lack of love.

I suppose I got to compensate for that.

So How can I show my love for you people?

I shall try to do that in this thread.

You have done you bit towards me and I suppose towards each other. But still we end up fighting each other so there is always room for loving each other more.

You can express your feelings in this thread or have your own threads but I suppose there is no need to inflate the number of threads.

Anyway this is my attempt to break the monotony of my dry academic pursuit here.

Of course my task has not concluded. Perhaps it has just begun. But that is OK because I do not feel that much of tension or stress of this work.

In the process of expressing my love I am not going to be limited by self-consciousness of being artificial. If there is even a little trace of sincerity then even artificial love is real.

And to boot I shall try to have a jibe at those who managed to betray their hatred for me. Oh, goody. I have to get into Abu Tamim's form to do the juicy things to those few haters.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd April 2020 08:51
Fusus-ul-Maripat

I am very introvert and private and not much sporting and outgoing.

That means whatever friends I have are mostly those who adopted me rather than a mutual love of friends coming up in course of time.

Yet I think I have an unusually large number of different circles, Fusus, of people whom I know.

(In spite of that I am not very resourceful!)

There is this circle to which you people belong. The best of my company. And I kid you people not.

Then there is my Khanqah circle. I shall leave this out as to why that is not the top entry. Relax.

Then there is the Ulama circle.

The Jama-at circle.

My Dawah circle.

The Aligarh circle of my field.

General Aligarh circle of AMU.

Local social circle. (Most miserable.)

My professional field circle.

My relatives, family and friends.

I might have missed a few circles.

I am not planning to leave MS but once my task on Seervai and Said is done then I shall be left with precious little to do here.

I suppose the activities like posting and reading Duas can keep me occupied.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd April 2020 08:52
So the first one I choose to embarrass is going to be Muadh Khan.

And the rest you decide. Please do give me a comprehensive list.
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd April 2020 10:00
How to Show My Love to You People?
Had the question been, How to Show My Love For You People? Then I'd ask you sincerely to include us all in all your dua's. Perhaps make a default dua to start with and tell Allah that as of today, whatever dua you ask for, to always include us in them for ever :) Aameen
+1 -0Like x 1Ameen x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd April 2020 11:27
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Please do this.

And also write a few paragraphs in slang. Don't Google it. Do it from the top of your head. Do it for the lulz!
+1 -0Creative x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd April 2020 12:39
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Bradfordonian slang for extra love
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 4th April 2020 06:35
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

All of my Fusus are always included in my Duas and that means that top of the Fusus will be included ya akhi. My Dua for all of my non-Muslim friends is for their Hidayah.

As of now all of the regulars at MS will be aware that I am very reserved, introvert and private and even formal - because of various reasons. This in turn means that I derive all of my emotional and spiritual sustenance from you people or people like you.

This in turn means that my heart, nay my existence, is filled up with Thanks to Allah SWT for you people. This feeling is difficult to express even for a person who can bring in lots of English vocabulary to my help even without dictionary and the thesaurus.

+3 -0Like x 3