MARS
Brother
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd January 2020 06:47
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Jazak Allah for your detailed reply.

However, the reason I asked that question
Quote:
Why does RAND publish it's research papers so openly and freely on the internet?

was that isn't it a secret. Is it not wise for RAND to keep it's designs secret? Or are they being haughty and saying indirectly that you Muslims are too weak to do anything even though you know our designs before hand.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd January 2020 09:14
sipraomer wrote:
View original post
I've never taken the time to read what RAND publishes. That's part of why I said I would need to do research to have an informed view.

Opps, I didn't realize you were asking MuadhKhan.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd January 2020 09:50

sipraomer wrote:
View original post

That's your mindset which is making you think this way. Most research is open source and critique makes it better and makes you think of points which you may not have thought of. 

Think of it in terms of Mushwara, in the Mushwara you are supposed to give your point of view (i.e. disagree).

Its nothing secretive in RAND corporation strategy and they are not really the only think tank in US, there are literally hundreds of them and they compete for influence.

In Israel there are 43 university departments doing research on Arabs and Arabic. Guess how many are there in the Muslim countries doing the same on Israel? Very few I would guess, it was 0 a few years ago when I checked.

+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd January 2020 18:23
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Quote:
Think of it in terms of Mushwara, in the Mushwara you are supposed to give your point of view (i.e. disagree).

The Mashwara of the elders of any organization is not streamed live on youtube. The mashwara of dismantling governments and promoting Democratic, Modern and Progressive Islam in the Muslim world should be done behind closed doors. If they want their mashwara to be critiqued then they must allow only the experts they trust who will not leak their plans and designs to have access to their site.

Anyway, I will not waste more time on this thread.

Sweet dreams.

No post ratings
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 24th January 2020 06:35
*Deleted - Repeat Post*
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 24th January 2020 13:37
No post ratings
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 24th January 2020 13:47
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post
I know that there are many jurisdictions within the US that have banned them in public places. (Bars, Government Buildings, Workplaces, even in some parks)

To the best of my knowledge no entire state has banned them, except in those areas I mentioned.

I think the main reason is that the public fears the vapor is toxic in the way that cigarette smoke is. To date, there haven't been any studies done to either prove or disprove this.

There actually hasn't been any (credible) studies that have been completed to know if the vaper himself is being exposed to cancer causing agents.
There were some early tests conducted, but they were based on flawed data. (They were using contaminated samples of the liquid that had been brought in from China)

More recently there was a scare involving a lung related illness from vaping. Studies were rushed to determine the cause. The main culprit turned out to be e-cig "juice" that had been adulterated with either oily vitamins (Vit E was specifically mentioned) and THC. The hypnotic component in marijuana.

As to why they're just not banned outright. Well we still allow the sale of cigarettes, which has conclusively been proved to cause cancer and death. So, you're guess is as good as mine.

+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 24th January 2020 13:51

sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Don't waste time but R-E-A-D and U-N-D-E-R-S-T-A-N-D someone before hating them.

1. I said T-H-I-N-K of it as Mushwara i.e. a medium where people exchange views and critique each other
  2. I did not say IT IS Mushwara.

Mushwara is command of Allah Ta'ala and blessed Sunnah of Nabi (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) while sharing research is not.

Loading Qur'aan Verse

Once you have U-N-D-E-R-S-T-O-O-D my point, you have the right to disagree or even hate.

This isn't about you H-A-T-I-N-G me as I don't really care but as someone younger I am trying to teach you to study and understand someone's point of view as it may benefit you in your life.

It doesn't matter to me and you can H-A-T-E without even reading (me) but this trait will hurt you in your personal life.

Raise your game as you are the future of the Ummah and improve yourself. Constantly work to improve yourself in all aspects of your life, Insha'Allah.

My Duas are with you.

+2 -0Like x 1Agree x 1Creative x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 24th January 2020 18:39
Jazak Allah for the duas. I don't hate you.

Was just saying that I am talking about a different thing altogether. I thought that their designs should be a secret and talking about them so openly was not making sense to me. However, it seems that this is only research and suggestion, even if it seems bold and provocative. So there is no harm talking openly about how to corrupt the ideology of Islam itself and how to confuse the ummah. Hmmm! Interesting side of the West.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 24th January 2020 19:41

sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Its not a design. Its a strategy by a think tank and strategy is and should be critiqued to truly understand its pros and cons, otherwise how would you know its strengths and weaknesses?

Design in the context of Government (or in your understanding) is called policy and it is classified. A policy takes into account many thoughts and considerations and it is NEVER fully disclosed, for example we know that the biggest threat to US is China and the most important consideration is containment of China and two avenues are being pursued in general by USA:

1. Arm twisting of Pakistan to move away from China and to dent CPEC
  2. Making India do most of the legwork in the Pacific

So we watch and study deeply to get clues (as laymen) professionals do this for a living, here are clues of US policy:

www.dawn.com/news/1529774

We can get ideas as events unfold but we do not know the details of China containment policy, it is top secret. By the same token we do not know China's (counter policy) but we get glimpses such as this:

twitter.com/zlj517/status/1220259725972930562

pk.chineseembassy.org/eng/zbgx/t1735168.htm

Russia also has a policy and it is also classified but we read clues like this one:

twitter.com/PravinSawhney/status/1217340229083787264

Example: Imran Khan Davos Trip

Watch how Imran Khan took with him and that gives you a glimpse of what he wanted to achieve at Davos, the policy is classified but you get a clue of what's going on, explained superbly by Sir Abdul Basit (a brilliant diplomat) here:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Diktt29tz3Y

These are the kind of professionals who do this sort of stuff for a living...

+2 -0
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 24th January 2020 21:40
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Thanks.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 26th January 2020 00:14
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

I was about to link an article showing yet another of Trump's lies, but then I figured if anyone really doesn't know that by now.. There's really no point.

(xs11ax I don't mean you don't know, I recognize it was simply a leading question)

If Trump got on TV and said the sky was blue, I would be forced to look out the window to see if it changed to another color while I wasn't watching.
+2 -0Like x 1Creative x 1