Topic Appreciation
abuzayd2k
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2020 00:24

In Need of Teaching wrote:
View original post

You can make Dua (pray) in any condition, any circumstances and without preconditions, prerequisites etc.

Loading Qur'aan Verse

View original post

This has nothing to do with Muslims or Non-Muslims.

I am a registered Republican and I am watching my President brazenly admit to crimes for which he should be Impeached. Saudi Arabia is brazenly committing crimes, officially and institutionally involved in Terrorism and they are our best allies!

twitter.com/Muadh_Khan/status/1220128232760119296

Read this thread:

www.muftisays.com/forums/81-debates--refutations/12994-sp...

Someone is blatantly writing J-I-H-A-D as zih@@d, arguing for days about it right in plain sight and lecturing us on Usool (principles) + blatant twisting of facts. This is discussion and it happens with everyone and regardless of whether someone is Muslim or Non-Muslim.

1. They have a perspective on Moon landings
  2. You have a perspective on Moon landings

And never the twain shall meet

It is what it is.

You have to zoom out and think about the bigger picture...Is this critical enough for you to engage people and damage your relationship? The clear answer is "No"...Who cares about the stupid Moon landings!

Everyday, I am targetted and attacked by multiple people right here on this forum and they spew venom and hatred and I am like, "Meh..."

Just imagine that I cannot even get people to agree that the word is "J-I-H-A-D" and zih@@d isn't even a word and I cannot even get people to agree to that...Do you think I can get people to agree to something which is not as clear cut?

People are clearly twisting interpretation of "Hadeeth" which they can easily verify by doing nothing else but:

1. Looking at the chapter before
  2. Looking at the chapter after
  3. Reading the chapter name

So...

If people are not listening, chill out.

P.S: I am making Dua (praying) for you.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2020 00:43
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Thank you, and I fully realize Salah is different. I just didn't know if there was a prescribed way for Dua's.
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2020 00:45
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Thank you Muadh
+4 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2020 00:50
View original post

Like colonel said, you can supplicate in any way. You don't even need to raise your hands or speak. You can supplicate in your heart.

But there are some recommended ways such as after prayer, middle of the night etc. But don't worry about the details for now. Just supplicate whenever you feel like it.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2020 00:52
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Thank you xs11ax, I guess I was kind of looking for something similar to that.
I thought if people approached the religion that way, it would carry over to other parts of their lives.

I guess I was a combination of naive and overly optimistic. :(
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2020 00:56
View original post

You worry about the little things too much. Stop it.

You will find that most people on this forum are actually very nice and accommodating in real life. People come here to give their opinions and debate so you are bound to see their less presentable sides. I like to get my teeth in as well. But in real life I try to be a very nice guy. The others are the same.
+2 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2020 00:57

View original post

Don't let any of the Muslims on the forum give you a hard time about Donald Trump & the CIA:

www.muftisays.com/forums/63-the-light-side/13017-donald-t...

You have been able to study and DISREGARD your past faith and come to Islam, some of the guys cannot even let go of their regional dialect and continue to say J-I-H-A-D as zih@@d

Alhumdolillah, Allah has blessed you to be able to confront your long held beliefs and to be able to dig deep and question your notions, take it as a badge of honour as you are blessed.

Take off your boots and just chill...

Its just a forum and you have a bunch of kids blowing off steam, no big deal. Moon landings didn't happen and were faked...I can see that in the 1960s in the light of Cold war and it is entirely plausible BUT I can also see that it did happen.

Either way, no big deal.

+3 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2020 02:59
I really do want to thank you Muadh and xs11ax.
I had actually prayed to Allah to find peace within and guidance, after I logged off.
Then I thought about making this post.
I really believed I would return to it and find a bunch of disagrees and dislikes.
So, I think I have received the guidance I prayed for. Thank you again.

I'll be spending very little time here for awhile, unless I have a specific question.
I intend to spend a lot more time re-reading the Quran and Hadith.
+5 -0Like x 5Agree x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2020 06:41
View original post

Salah is the best communication, Quran the best companion and dhikr the only food of soul.

Purification of Nafs (mind/soul/pysche/ego) is the most difficult thing.

Don't overwhelm yourself if you are misunderstood. Just chill and cherish the bliss of Islam and the peace you have attained in your soul after submitting.

Forums are difficult places. Humans are also difficult to deal with. So take it slowly.

it is my experience that debates with fools are useless. Educational discussions with sensible people are beneficial. Nobody wants to lose so it is best to adopt indirect approach when you want to convey your point and you know that it goes against the general understanding.

Different people have different temperaments. Some people are gentle and understanding in advising and some are harsh. Remember! The one objecting against your point of view and advising you is as much in need of islah and advice. So, just chill.

The thing is that some of the elders have not learned themselves to guide others in an understanding approach.

Sarcasm, taunts, assumptions. slander, harsh words, discouraging words, and labels like liar, stupid, idiot, obtuse, ignoramus etc cannot educate a person. These terms cannot do anyone's islah but can only breed hatred. People give the example of Sayyidina Umar bin khattab Radhi Allah Anhu while forget that he was dealing with a nation which was trained gently and mercifully by first Prophet (s.a.w.) himself and then afterwards Sayyidina Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه.

I had an idea to open a new thread on personality development and quote from some of the books mentioned in the following link. I have read some of these books in recent times and have learned from these alot. Alhamdulillah. However, i am too busy to post here much :(

www.mattmorris.com/top-20-best-self-help-books-of-all-time/

Perhaps an educated person like you can do a favour by opening a thread on this topic.

As far as fake vs real incidents threads are concerned. I believe that there is no use in spending time on those threads. Focus on your inner-self more and because of the correction of your actions, your outer reality will be changed automatically in a positive way. The best thing we can do is learn and educate in the best of manner. After that everyone is responsible for his/her own akhirah.

Practicing Muslims are in a minority, so don't be shocked after seeing the condition of this ummah. Also, remember one thing. There is a difference between knowing the facts and presenting the facts in an easy to understand way while also considering the psychological, emotional, intellectual and spiritual state of the person you are addressing. Dealing with living beings must be different from dealing with robots and machines. A knowledgeable person can be a bad presenter and a good presenter can be less knowledgeable or completely ignorant. Both knowledge and good presentation skills with empathy and understanding are necessary. (Not talking about you or your presentation skills. Just some general statements.)

So don't panic after seeing the condition of the ummah. This is the result of not practicing Islam rather than practicing it. Islam is beautiful but ummah is weak. Instead, help the ummah develop, spiritually, mentally, psychologically and physically in any way you can.
+2 -0Like x 2Agree x 1Winner x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2020 09:38
View original post

Americans love their Basket Ball, Football and Baseball.

If people are having a discussion about it, sometimes it gets heated. Imagine a non English speaking person turning up to a cafe with a friend where these sports fans are having their discussion over some beers. Can you imagine what the non English speaking guy would be thinking. All those rumours about how dangerous and barbaric the Americans are will become a reality for him in that moment in time, not to mention the Hell's Angels sitting in the cafe with their Harley parked outside. But when the friend explains that they are having a friendly debate, all his fears will be put to ease. Outside of Sports, the Americans are nice people (InshaAllah)

Similarly, when we are debating or discussing in a friendly halal manner, it shouldn't be taken to heart.

What should be taken to heart is the good advise in other threads where everyone will be as helpful as possible and guide you to the best of their abilities. Even those who don't support the same team as you :)

My next post will be a Dua I would like to share with you, one that I have shared multiple times and I PROMISE YOU, you will feel at ease :)

Make that Dua when walking, sitting, waiting, lying down, just don't make it in the toilet :)

Also, another piece of advise, try and always stay in Wudhu. After the Prophet (saw) the second most hated person by Shaytan is the one who is constantly in Wudhu.
+4 -0Like x 1Agree x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2020 10:06
View original post

Recite "Astaghfirullah" and keep repeating it. Keep your heart and mind focused. You will see the results soon! (This is one of my little secrets which I share here. It has helped many, Alhumdulillah)

This is how it looks in Arabic and it's meaning
+6 -0Like x 3Winner x 3
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2020 14:25
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post
Quote:
Also, another piece of advise, try and always stay in Wudhu. After the Prophet (saw) the second most hated person by Shaytan is the one who is constantly in Wudhu.

I may have misused Wudhu, is that the same as ablution? I think I misused the terminology.
+1 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2020 14:28
View original post

Same thing :)
+1 -0
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2020 14:28
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Thank you.
No post ratings
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#45 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2020 15:11
While re-reading a verse of the Quran last night, I read that Jesus (Isa) had not been killed.
Prior to seeing that, I had no reason to doubt that Jesus had died on the cross as the Christians believed. Because surely if god wanted to resurrect him, he could and would.

So I found this deception (the Christian belief) a surprise.
+0 -0Winner x 1

Jump to page: