Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Who will be with me in the Mountains

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 27th December 2019 15:18
Quote:
Praise belongs to Allah Who has sent down the Book to His slave and has put no crookedness in it.
It is straight, to warn of violent force direct from Him, and to give the good news to the muminun, those who do right actions, that for them there is an excellent reward,
a place in which they will remain for ever,
and to warn those who say ´Allah has a son.´
They have no knowledge of this, neither they nor their fathers. It is a monstrous utterance which has issued from their mouths. What they say is nothing but a lie.
Perhaps you may destroy yourself with grief, chasing after them, if they do not have iman in these words.
We made everything on the earth adornment for it so that We could test them to see whose actions are the best.
We will certainly make everything on it a barren wasteland.
Do you consider that the Companions of the Cave and Ar-Raqim were one of the most remarkable of Our Signs?
When the young men took refuge in the cave and said, ´Our Lord, give us mercy directly from You and open the way for us to right guidance in our situation.´(Al Kahf Verses 1-10)

I have pondered a lot on this problem. The problem of Dajjal. The problem of preserving emaan in these times. I have pondered on this problem for more than five years now.

People accuse me of inconsistency and rightly do so. However, they must understand that this problem is very complicated and our options are very few. We are not in a favorable position.

I have come to this conclusion that either fight or die preserving your iman. Migrate to the mountains and fight or go in long tabligh trips while ignoring the problems with tablighis and ask Allah to take your life in the condition of iman while you are in the path of Allah. Our job is not to correct those who don't want to be corrected. Our job is to preserve our own iman at the end.

Either fight and die or run and die. The civilized world is not safe and I can see no third option. Do whatever you can while there is still time. Who knows that as the time progresses, we will have this much choice or not.

As far as the family is concerned. At the end of the day we can do nothing but educate. We can't force anyone. So everyone will taste the fruit of their own choice.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 4th January 2020 06:07
Question

I recently read this hadith which is related by Bukhari but I dont understand its meaning, it goes something like; 'A time will come when the best property of a Muslim will be sheep which he will take to a mountain so as too flee with his realigion from afflictions' Can you lpease try and explain it's meaning to me?

Answer

Praise be to Allaah.
Commentary on the hadeeth.

This hadeeth was narrated by al-Bukhaari in a number of places in his Saheeh, such as (7088) Kitaab al-Fitan, where he narrated that Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Soon there will come a time when the best wealth a Muslim will have will be sheep which he will take to the mountaintops and places where rain falls, fleeing for the sake of his religious commitment from tribulation.” And Muslim narrated a similar hadeeth in his Saheeh (1888), also from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him), which says that a man came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said, “Which of the people is best?” He said, “A man who strives in jihad for the sake of Allaah with his wealth and his self.” He asked, “Then who?” He said, “A believer in a mountain pass who worships Allaah and leaves the people alone.”

The word sha’af [in the second hadeeth] means a mountaintop. The word shi’b [in the first hadeeth] means a gap or pass between two mountains. Al- Nawawi said in Sharh Saheeh Muslim (13/34): “This does not mean the mountain pass itself, rather what is referred to is being alone and isolating oneself. A mountain pass is mentioned as a metaphor because it is usually devoid of people.”

The hadeeth indicates that it is preferable to isolate oneself from people and not mix with them in cases where a Muslim fears for his religious commitment because of widespread tribulation, where if he mixes with people he cannot be sure that his religious commitment will be safe and that he will not apostatize or deviate from the truth, or fall into shirk or abandon the basic principles and pillars of Islam, and so on.

Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar said in al-Fath (13/42): “This report indicates that isolation is preferable in the case of one who fears for his religious commitment.”

Al-Sindi said in his footnotes on al-Nasaa’i (8/124): “This shows that it is permissible to isolate oneself, indeed it is preferable at times of tribulation.”

In the second hadeeth quoted above the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) mentioned the believer who isolates himself second in virtue only to the mujaahid who fights for the sake of Allaah. Al-Haafiz said in al-Fath (6/6): “The believer who isolates himself is second in virtue only to the mujaahid because the one who mixes with people cannot guarantee that he will not commit sin, and these sins may be greater in number than the hasanaat (rewards for good deeds) that he gains as a result of mixing with people. But being isolated is regarded as preferable only in cases where there is tribulation.”

As for isolating oneself at times other than times of tribulation when a Muslim fears for his religious commitment, the scholars differed in their views in this case. The majority said that mixing with people is preferable to withdrawing from them, and they quoted several texts as evidence for that, including the following:

1 – That this was the way of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and the Prophets before him (peace be upon them), and the majority of the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them). (Sharh Muslim by al-Nawawi, 13/34).

2 – The report narrated by al-Tirmidhi (5207) and Ibn Maajah (4032), which says that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The believer who mixes with people and patiently bears their annoyance will have a greater reward than the believer who does not mix with people and patiently bear their annoyance.” (Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 2035).

Al-Sindi said in his footnote on Ibn Maajah (2/493): “This hadeeth indicates that the one who is patient and mixes with people is better than the one who isolates himself.”

Al-San’aani said in Subul al-Salaam (4/416): “This indicates that mixing with people whereby one enjoins what is good and forbids what is evil and deals with them in a good manner is better than keeping away from them and not putting up with mixing with them.”

3 – The report narrated by al-Tirmidhi (1574) from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: “One of the Companions of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came upon a mountain pass where there was a small spring of fresh water, which delighted him because it was so good. He said, ‘What if I were to withdraw from the people and settle in this mountain pass? But I will not do it until I seek the permission of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).’ So he mentioned it to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), who said: ‘Do not do that, for if any one of you remains striving for the sake of Allaah, it is better than praying in His House for seventy years. Do you not want Allaah to forgive you and admit you to Paradise? Fight in Allaah's cause. He who fights in Allaah's cause as long as the time between two milkings of a she-camel will be assured of Paradise.’” (It was classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 1348).

The benefits that the Muslim gains by mixing with people for legitimate shar’i purposes, include establishing the rituals of Islam, increasing the number of the Muslims, spreading all kinds of goodness among them by helping and aiding them etc., attending Jumu’ah (Friday) prayers and prayers in congregation, attending funerals, visiting the sick, attending dhikr circles, etc. (Fath al-Baari, 13/43); Sharh Muslim by al-Nawawi, 13/34).

And Allaah is the Source of strength. And Allaah knows best. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad and all his family and companions, and grant them peace.

islamqa.info/amp/en/answers/13835
+2 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 4th January 2020 10:36
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Masjid and Home, Masjid and Home, Masjid and Home. Quran, Dhikr, Salah, Sadaqa, Dawah.

Bazaar. Out of extreme necessity.

Don't travel unnecessarily. Don't talk unnecessarily. Keep busy in worship. Keep busy in dawah. Keep busy in dhikr. Keep busy in quran.

Strengthen your families. Inspire your families. This is the last thing left which they want to snatch. Make it strong.

Don't be frustrated when others don't change. Just keep on trying and you will get the reward. Results are not in our hand.

Talk with Allah on daily basis. Explain him your problems. Ask forgiveness. You can talk while walking, standing, sitting, laying. The tash hud posture is not necessary for duas and talks. Don't be ritualistic about it. The concept is more important and the concept is communication with Allah.

Be true to your heart. Avoid the pessimists. Avoid those who criticize unnecessarily. Avoid those who have lost hope. Avoid negative people. Avoid anyone which is disastrous for iman. Avoid the doubters. Those who cast doubts are the devils. Allah is real. His powers are real. His majesty is real. Ponder! Ponder on His creation. Ponder on how he helped you. Give Sadaqah and your wealth will increase. Your miseries will be warded off. Adopt the halal means and through sadaqah He will bring barakah in your means. Adopt the channels of dunia but rely only on Allah. Through sadaqah wealth will not decrease. Indeed! It will increase. Be patient! Be patient! It is not this way that we will give sadaqah and the return will be there immediately. Allah works in mysterious ways. Be patient! The return will surely come but after you have been tested. so be patient and don't complain. Complains delay the help and blessings. Patience hurry's them. So be patient! And in a few months or maybe a year or two, will see the results.

In this world, things don't happen within the blink of an eye. Things take time. You reap the seed, give water, spray the pesticides, put eurea and then wait and after six or so months the crops are ready. And after some years, the tree is ready. You open a youtube channel, you consistently post quality content, you increase the quality, engage with the viewers and commenters, earn a reputation and reap the reward after one or two years. You start a business, work hard, learn the skills, take advice of the wise, make wise and timely decisions, learn from the mistakes, try different strategies, hire able and trustworthy men, keep within the limits of your financial abilities and you reap the fruit after a couple of years.

So everything demands patience and consistency. Salah teaches us that. Zakah teaches us that. Sawm teaches us that. Hajj teaches us that. Kalima teaches us that. The learning of Quran itself demands patience so it prepares the students for later developments in their lives. Education must start from the Holy Quran. It demands practice, patience and hard work. When these qualities are developed in kids early on in their lives, then these qualities benefit those kids all along their lives. So education must start from Quran.

Read the translation along with the recitation. Even the translation has benefits even if it is human creation. Keep in touch witha a good summarized tafsir, lest you may get confused or get the wrong meaning. Keep a personal secret understanding of your own of the Quran without telling others, lest you may be labelled as a blasphemer in this age of fitnah. Allah communicates to our hearts and minds through Quran. So everyone will have a different personal understanding after reading it with understanding. So only recitation is not enough. Studying it is necessary as well. Quran has all the answers. Indeed! Quran has all the answers.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 4th January 2020 11:28
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Salaam

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Soon there will come a time when the best wealth a Muslim will have will be sheep which he will take to the mountaintops and places where rain falls, fleeing for the sake of his religious commitment from tribulation.”

Rasoolullah (saw) was not talking about the general time and situation where it is better for a mumin to mix with the people, Rasoolullah (saw) was talking about a special time and situation where it is better to isolate yourself. Not only that, but he was talking about a very specific time as well.

"Soon there will come a time"

It seems to me that Rasoolullah (saw) was warning us about a very specific time and situation and telling us what to do if we witness this time.
+1 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 4th January 2020 13:27
The mountaintops can be a metaphor but are the sheeps a metaphor too? Point to ponder.
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 4th January 2020 15:14
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Yes I think you are right.

I used to believe that Rasulullah صلی الله عليه وسلم has literally advised us to go to the mountain tops so when I read this answer, I thought to share. Though we cannot completely rely on this interpretation since it's from a Salafi site; I'm yet to read any commentary on this hadith written by Deobandi scholars.

The second half of the answer is about the general time and situation. Your point regarding isolation is valid and we understand this from various other ahadith of Rasulullah صلی الله عليه وسلم warning us about the times of fitnah.

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “There will come tribulations in which one sitting will be better than one standing. The one standing will be better than one walking. The one walking will be better than one running. Whoever seeks these tribulations will be destroyed by them. Whoever finds a place of shelter or refuge, let him take refuge in it.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 6670, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2886

Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As:

When we were around the Messenger of Allah (ï·º), he mentioned the period of commotion (fitnah) saying: When you see the people that their covenants have been impaired, (the fulfilling of) the guarantees becomes rare, and they become thus (interwining his fingers). I then got up and said: What should I do at that time, may Allah make me ransom for you? He replied: Keep to your house, control your tongue, accept what you approve, abandon what you disapprove, attend to your own affairs, and leave alone the affairs of the generality.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 4th January 2020 15:26
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Yes it is really something to ponder upon. I believe there is some great barakah and wisdom behind it since all Prophets عليهم السلام used to herd sheep. So we Muslims should also possess and herd sheep.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 4th January 2020 17:36
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Many things can be a metaphor and there is nothing wrong with reading between the lines and getting guidance for different situations, but some people try their best not to acknowledge the literal meaning, especially when the literal meaning is difficult to digest. We shouldn't just read between the lines. We should read the line itself.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 4th January 2020 17:40
As long as we have Internet and Satellite phones and access to groceries, I guess living on mountain tops wouldn't be an issue...Would it?

I guess you can drive down in your pickup Truck and pick up supplies and then go back in your Cabin.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 4th January 2020 17:42
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Interpretations will differ. Ask ulama of America and UK and you will get the diluted interpretation. Ask ulama of China and Syria and you will get the undiluted interpretation.
+0 -0Agree x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 4th January 2020 17:49
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

There was a whole street in Afghanistan where you could buy Heinz baked beans and McVities digestive biscuits etc. I think it was called Chicken Street. Foreigners literally came down the mountain top in pick up trucks to do their shopping there lol. This was the early days of the internet so no Wi-Fi.

But I understand your point. Living on a mountain isn't easy. But it is when one day living in the towns and cities become harder. Just like for those living in China and Syria.
+2 -0
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 4th January 2020 18:53
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Quote:
But I understand your point. Living on a mountain isn't easy.

The price of iman is hardship. I spent 30 days in the mountains of Baluchistan in Tabligh Paidal Chillah in 2017. The whole jamat suffered with fever. We had to remain unbathed for whole week because the canal was further than our tashkeel areas. People there used to drink water from swamps of rain water from which the animals would drink too. At our return I contracted a Malaria too. This was the part of Baluchistan where all were tablighis and were helpful to us. They sacrificed 25 sheep in 30 days for us.

At that time I wondered, how much difficult it would be to live in the mountains in the times of Dajjal. And how much hardship the One year Paidal Jamaats have to endure. And how much hardship do the mujhaideen face? One can only imagine.

Again, when there will remain no choice but to preserve iman on all costs then we have to do whatever is needed.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 4th January 2020 19:01
May be the reason for going to mountain tops is to cutoff from all unnecessary ‘information‘ and to remain aloof from the unwanted mental and physical influences ? To live a more ‘natural’ life with simple halal food to sustain our lives and spend most of the time in preoccupations with ibadat, nawafil, Quran, Zikr and contemplation ?

Off course, that comes second to jihad in the path of Allah, that always remain a top priority...

The more difficult question is how to define the ‘period of fitna’ during which we are allowed to adopt ‘solitude’ away from the social responsibilities ? We certainly can’t decide it on our own...

After all, every generation have considered their time to be the time of fitna ?
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 5th January 2020 04:10
ALIF wrote:
View original post

Quote:
After all, every generation have considered their time to be the time of fitna ?

In history, there has never been a time when mass communication existed in such a sophisticated form as it is today. "The Art of Deception and Lying" has been brought to a whole new level coupled with state of the art information technology.

So there is no comparison between our times and previous times. Especially, past 20+ years have revolutionized the way we interact with media and technologies related to it. Social media has influenced our lives for better or for worse to such an extent that it is believed that Twitter was used effectively by the Arab Spring activists.

There is no doubt left that we are already living in the times of Dajjal and his arrival is very near. Therefore, we must take appropriate training now and get prepared now for whatever course we are going to adopt in the future, whether it be fight or flight.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 5th January 2020 07:53
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

I agree...

But look, presume Dajjal did not appear NOW but some 300 years later, the people will be saying the same thing THEN about the technology of THEIR times, no ?

The same way, the people of the past thought about their times to be the time of the arrival of Dajjal. Even sahaba were apprehensive about Dajjal in their times. Not only so, every Nabi in his time ‘warned’ his Ummah about ‘Dajjal’.....

So sipra, we do need a ‘fatwa’ based on a criteria, as to when is the time that we leave our social responsibilities aside, ignore ‘Juma’ and ‘jama’at’ and go into the solitude of our own respective ‘kahaf’...

As for the ‘end times’ , after the wafat of Syedena Rasoolullah peace be upon him, we are already in the realms of the end times...
No post ratings