Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Boris Johnson said that 'Islam is the problem'

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2020 16:41
Yasin wrote:
(supposed to be anyway).

Exactly :)
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2020 16:54
In Need of Teaching wrote:
View original post

One of the issues is that there are plenty of people who know that Islam is the final teaching for mankind, but they won't revert due to feeling shame or guilt. They feel that if they revert, what will their friends think, what will people say, how will social media react, what will happen to their friends, their rep and so on. Such people knowing the truth will not revert due to arrogance.

At the end of the day, we chose to be Humans, (click on link) believing that we will be able to pass the hurdles of the temp world. We all testified to the truth, that's why so many people naturally find what they always believed and known to be so simple and beautiful.

Another problem is with us, Muslims who were born into Muslim families. We take it for granted. It was given to us on a plate. Whereas reverts treasure their findings and most of the times become better than those who were born Muslim.

Brother, something to ponder over if I may:

My 4 year old son is taught about getting rewards from Allah and what sins are etc etc. Not a day passes when he asks me if Allah is pleased with him or if he's managed to upset Allah.

So I ask him everyday if he forgave everyone, if he prayed, if he was naughty at school and so on. Then I tell him that Allah has no reason to be upset with him.

He also asks me when he will see his rewards and what those rewards will be. He asks if it will be chewing gum :) or toys and games etc. and I tell him that all his rewards will be safe with Allah and that he could have whatever he wanted but he'd have to be patient. When he asks me about being patient, I tell him that it means Allah will reward him in this world and in Paradise. So naturally he can't wait to get to Paradise.

Another of his BIGGEST concerns is if his rewards will be taken away when he wrongs. Very good question from him. I told him that we have angels on the right hand side that record our good deeds and an angel on the left hand side that records our bad deeds. If he does good, the angel on the right gets busy, if he does wrong, the angel on the left gets busy. BUT if he does wrong and then immediately asks Allah to forgive him, then Allah tells the angel on the left to rub it out :) I also told him that if he says something bad about someone, something that would upset the other person (back bite) then Allah will take all the rewards away and give it to the person he spoke about.

He is a very cautious minded mischievous angel MashaAllah.

So now we get to the crucial part!

Every night, he'll hug me and get upset and kind of cry a bit. When I ask him why he's crying, he says he fears I (me - his dad) will die and leave him, then he says he doesn't want anyone of us to die.

He is always asking if it is today that we will die. (He knows what dying is about - he's been to the cemetery and seen the graves of babies and adullts, he watches plenty of YouTube :( and loves martial arts, except the final killing part and he's seen his mum going to hospital a lot in the last couple of years)

That strikes me! I tell him that we don't know when we will die, and that I'm not ready to die and I ask him to pray for the well being of all of us.

The point is, don't delay. Believe with full conviction today :)

I apologies for going off track and off topic, but somethings are far more important to understand.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2020 17:03
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Perhaps I should have made my post as a new post instead of a reply, I did get a little off track there.

I love the post about your son. Children are indeed priceless.

I found you link to the "humans" very informative and interesting.
I believe we were definitely ignorant. :)
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2020 17:27
Quote:
Perhaps I should have made my post as a new post instead of a reply, I did get a little off track there.

You didn't go off track, I did.

(I can split the posts into a new thread should you wish, but it's fine where it is too)

By the way, I'm what you would call A Mod :)
I like the word Authorizer :) though. Here at your service InshaAllah
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2020 17:39
Quran has been deliberately misrepresented by the west. Quran was sent over a period of 23 years, that period included wars as well, and naturally orders were given accordingly, like: ‘kill them, wherever you find them’ or similar meaning. For a just mind, it would be perfectly understandable but not to those who have an agenda. They present similar verses as an evidence of ‘violence preached by Quran’.

Let me give you some examples from Bible :

Deuteronomy :

1.“Then Sihon came out against us with all his people, to make an attack on us at Jahaz. And the Lord our God gave him into our hands; and we overcame him and his sons and all his people. At that time we took all his towns, and gave them over to complete destruction, together with men, women, and children; we had no mercy on any: Only the cattle we took for ourselves, with the goods from the towns we had taken. “

2. “Then the children of Judah made an attack on Jerusalem, and took it, burning down the town after they had put its people to the sword without mercy.”

3. “When the Lord your God takes you into the land where you are going, which is to be your heritage, and has sent out the nations before you, the Hittites and the Girgashites and the Amorites and the Canaanites and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and stronger than you; And when the Lord has given them up into your hands and you have overcome them, give them up to complete destruction: make no agreement with them, and have no mercy on them: Do not take wives or husbands from among them; do not give your daughters to their sons, or take their daughters for your sons. For through them your sons will be turned from me to the worship of other gods: and the Lord will be moved to wrath against you and send destruction on you quickly. But this is what you are to do to them: their altars are to be pulled down and their pillars broken, and their holy trees cut down and their images burned with fire. For you are a holy people to the Lord your God: marked out by the Lord your God to be his special people out of all the nations on the face of the earth. “

4. “So the Lord our God gave up Og, king of Bashan, and all his people into our hands; and we overcame him so completely that all his people came to their end in the fight. At that time we took all his towns; there was not one town of the sixty towns, all the country of Argob, the kingdom of Og in Bashan, which we did not take. All these towns had high walls round them with doors and locks; and in addition we took a great number of unwalled towns. And we put them to the curse, every town together with men, women, and children. But we took for ourselves all the cattle and the stored wealth of the towns. “

5. numbers 31:8 356
“They killed the kings of Midian in addition to those slain – Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba – five Midianite kings. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword.The Israelites took the women of Midian captives along with their little ones, and took all their herds, all their flocks, and all their goods as plunder. They burned all their towns where they lived and all their encampments. They took all the plunder and all the spoils, both people and animals. They brought the captives and the spoils and the plunder to Moses, to Eleazar the priest, and to the Israelite community, to the camp on the plains of Moab, along the Jordan River across from Jericho. Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the community went out to meet them outside the camp.

6. But Moses was furious with the officers of the army, the commanders over thousands and commanders over hundreds, who had come from service in the war. Moses said to them, “Have you allowed all the women to live? Look, these people through the counsel of Balaam caused the Israelites to act treacherously against the Lord in the matter of Peor – which resulted in the plague among the community of the Lord! Now therefore kill every boy, and kill every woman who has had sexual intercourse with a man.But all the young women who have not had sexual in- tercourse with a man will be yours.”

Would all the above written in Bible make it “a book promoting violence” and shall we have a ‘phobia’ against Christians on that basis ?

What will Boris say about it ?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2020 17:49
Bojo, I have a question :)

Is this the reason that Islam is the problem? Is the Quran not in line with the Bible? (click on the link)
No post ratings
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2020 18:15
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

The Christian Bible and (Medieval) behaviour were indeed violent and very "unChristian" like.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2020 18:25
ALIF wrote:
View original post

That's all very true!

The problem is that (especially in the West) people do not and/or will not read the Qur'aan.

Muslims need to do more than just send the Qur'aan. They need to find ways to reach the non believers.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2020 18:50
View original post

I would say that the Muslims need to walk the talk. Practice what is preached correctly.

The prophets wife was asked to describe him (saw) and she said The character of the Prophet, was the Quran!

It's a shame we cannot bring in the qualities of our teacher.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2020 21:41

View original post

View original post

The second post is even better than the first one. When you travel in America, many Motels have a bible in the room and bible is freely available in many places, do people read it? No, most people go about their business as usual.

Absolutely right that Muslims need to find a way to cut through the chatter and reach Non-Muslims. The first stage is dialogue and building relationships of some kind, then Non-Muslims will read the Qur'aan.

Qur'aan is easily available online (just google it) so access is not the issue, we as Muslims need to work harder.

Coming from your background, what are your ideas? What can be done?

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 18th January 2020 00:24
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Well, I will need to think about this some more.

One of my first thoughts would be for an educated scholar (from the west if possible) could try to reach out to newspapers and television news shows to promote peace. I can't recall such a thing happening since the latter part of 2001. Even the "Oprah" show might consider doing something like this. (That may seem silly, but she does reach a very large number of households.)

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 18th January 2020 01:20
Salaam

Remember Grenfell and how everyone from Grenfell and surrounding areas were praising Muslims and were glad it was ramadhan which meant Muslims were awake and where able to alert and help everyone?

There's your answer right there. Be an asset for the community.

Imagine if Muslims followed the sunnah and made sure nobody in their community went hungry.

Imagine if Muslims followed the sunnah and provided shelter for the homeless.

Imagine if Muslims followed the sunnah and helped the elderly and vulnerable of their community.

We have the money, the man power, the infrastructure to do all of the above throughout the UK.

If every mosque and community did the above then we wouldn't even need to go to the non Muslims. They would come to us. We wouldn't even need to introduce the quran to them. They will come looking for answers themselves.
+3 -0Like x 3Agree x 1
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 18th January 2020 04:55
View original post

Islam has in the past has been considered benign in the west. I don't believe it was ever openly welcomed, but it was also not treated with suspicion, fear and yes, even hatred until after 9/11. Of course there will always be extreme groups that will dislike anything unlike they themselves. (Yes, I say Islam, because the religion is believed to be behind the actions of all Muslims)

I know there are many theories and suspicions as to whether it (9/11) was real or not. The problem is that, as for the perception of Islam, it doesn't so much matter if it's real, because it is accepted.

I know that Islamic scholars have had, what I'll call town hall meetings, with the citizens in the west. (I've watched several videos of these events and found them to be persuasive in stating that Islam is a religion of peace.)

Maybe this is something that can be expanded upon. It should even be advertised in major newspapers of the region in which it takes place.

It would probably be beneficial to have some women scholars doing this. That would go a long way towards showing that Islam does not subjugate their women and keep them locked up at home. (Yes, westerners do think that.)

I had even conconsidered that such an event could even be held at sports arenas. The only problem I see with that, is it would be difficult to have a question and answer period. That would perhaps be the most important part. Otherwise it would be like a lecture and would not attract people that are not already interested in Islam.

I hate to add this because it does play into people prejudices, but the speaker should be a native westerner or those that can speak with a native western accent. People in the west are so very suspicious of those with foreign accents talking about Islam.

I hope I have presented this in a respectful and non offensive way. If I have inadvertently offended anyone, I apologize for the offense.

No post ratings
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 18th January 2020 05:07
View original post

I am hesitant to add this, as it will probably offend people.

However, I have noticed that during these events the scholars tend to lower their voice when mentioning a name or speak it too rapidly to be understood (at least by us dumb westerners). I am sure there is a reason for this, however I do not know it yet.

In the minds of westerners, that becomes a little suspicious. "What was that name?" "Is he trying to hide something" etc.

In my opinion, westerners (some countries more than others) are extremely ignorant of other cultures and language. I believe that is often perceived as arrogance. Arrogance and ignorance are two very different things though. Ignorance can always be corrected.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 19th January 2020 17:22
Here is a very good example of how to use the media to put Islam forward in people's mind.

A Message of Peace Hope and Inclusion from Yusuf Islam (Cat Stevens)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec2lto9dPo4

Cat Stevens is a former Catholic revert to Islam
(Note: He discusses music, that is irrelevant, and he does not play any music)
No post ratings