Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Boris Johnson said that 'Islam is the problem'

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 27th November 2019 12:08
Boris Johnson said that Islamophobia is a 'natural reaction' to Islam and that 'Islam is the problem'

www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-islam-is-the-proble...

In 2005, Johnson wrote in the Spectator that he believed it was only "natural" for the public to be scared of Islam.

"To any non-Muslim reader of the Koran, Islamophobia — fear of Islam — seems a natural reaction, and, indeed, exactly what that text is intended to provoke," he wrote.

"Judged purely on its scripture — to say nothing of what is preached in the mosques — it is the most viciously sectarian of all religions in its heartlessness towards unbelievers."

In the wake of the London bombings, he also questioned the loyalty of British Muslims and insisted that the country must accept that "Islam is the problem."

"It will take a huge effort of courage and skill to win round the many thousands of British Muslims who are in a similar state of alienation, and to make them see that their faith must be compatible with British values and with loyalty to Britain," he wrote.

"That means disposing of the first taboo, and accepting that the problem is Islam. Islam is the problem."

He added: "What is going on in these mosques and madrasas? When is someone going to get 18th century on Islam's medieval ass?"
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 28th November 2019 09:06
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Babbling buffoon
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 28th November 2019 13:46
May Allah guide Boris Johnson and all the humans.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 28th November 2019 14:08
Nothing surprising there in, what is more surprising is the muslim candidates echoing Johnsons. Sentiments.

In Birmingham the Labour candidate Tahir Ali labelled muslim parents who have been protesting. LGBT, homosexual indoctrination at Schools as Bigots and equated them to BNP.

Note: In the Hall Green constituency the longstanding MP of 27 years or so Roger Godsiff. Had his whip withdrawn for siding with Muslim Parents.

They have replaced him with Tahir Ali...Godsiff is planning to stand as an independent.

No post ratings
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2020 13:39
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Unfortunately, all of Islam seems to get punished for the actions of extremists.
This is definitely not just a UK issue.
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2020 14:20
Islam is firm on its principles, unlike others who readily change the principles of their Din, according to the dictates of their environment, that is the main issue....

People like Boris must be wondering :’why Muslims are not submitting to us’ , despite we being the more powerful, the more advanced, the more well off nations of the world ? Why are they still resisting, rather trying to assert, why are they not only challenging us but are trying to find ways and means to defeat us, and snatch the leadership of the world from us ?

Admittedly, unlike the general perception about him, he is not a fool.

He pointed straight towards QURAN.

Yes, it is Quran telling us not to change with the changing winds, not to despair in difficulties, not to compromise on principles, not to submit to the power of materialism, to keep our gaze fixed on akhira while struggling for the benefit of humanity in this world.

True, Islam is the problem, because it does not allow its adherents to sit in a cave absorbed in deep meditation, while the world is full of injustice (like Buddhism); It does not allow its priests (scholars) to distribute certificates of forgiveness like catholics ; It does not advise its followers to indulge in fancy philosophies like Hindus.It does not dictate the superiority of one ‘race’ like jews...

It is a simple message of ‘submission to Allah’ and ‘collective justice’ for ALL human beings. That is the message people like Boris finds ‘uncompromising’ and ‘sectarian’. It hits hard on the system of exploitation Boris and the people like him are being installed to protect....

Yes, Islam is the problem !
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
UK
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2020 15:03
In Need of Teaching wrote:
View original post

Islam gets attacked, definitely not punished. Muslims get attacked and punished.

Because of Islam. Not because of extremists because that no longer has a fixed meaning.
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 2
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2020 15:14
Yasin wrote:
View original post

Apologies, I misspoke. Attacked is the correct wording.

Perhaps extremists is also not the correct wording. However when Muslims kill innocent men/women and children (that are not attacking Muslims nor kicking them out of their homes nor oppressing them), that is definitely not compatible with Islam. It does indeed incite "Islamophobia"
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2020 15:18
ALIF wrote:
View original post

The only answer that I can come up with for that, is twofold.

Islam is NOT the problem
The Qur'aan and Islam are the ANSWER.
+1 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2020 15:25
View original post

Islam is the problem to their solutions and ideology.

Once they sort those out, they will be able to iron out the problems and then Islam will be their solution to all the problems :)
No post ratings
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2020 15:28
View original post

I would furhter add that the vast majority of the non-muslims of this world do not have any idea whatsover of the true knowledge that is in the Qur'aan.

Indeed, most people are under the impression that Islam is barbaric and murderous in their intent. With its main teachings being:
1. Kill all the "infidels"
2. Convert non believers by the sword.
3. Terroristic acts are part of the religion.
4. Kill all the "infidels"
(yes I repeated that part because in many peoples mind THAT is the true nature of Islam)

I hate to use this term, but Islam needs a better PR campaign.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2020 15:30
Quote:
Islam needs a better PR campaign

Islam doesn't need anything. It's the Muslims that need a PR campaign.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2020 15:31
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

A much better phrase. Thank you.
No post ratings
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2020 16:00
View original post

Sorry, I feel like I'm getting on a soap box here, but please bear with me.

I have only very recently read the Qur'aan.
When I undertook reading it, it was with the purpose of finding relevant sections that would reveal the 4 items I listed in the previous post. (That was my understanding as well as the understanding of many people I know.)

Instead I was astounded at what I read. I found, much to my disbelief, that Islam is truly a religion of peace.

I also found that I was drawn to it intently. Despite having been raised as a Catholic. I had suffered a crisis of faith for many years. Upon reading the Qur'aan I realized why. Islam is what I had been missing.

I am still very early into my education regarding Islam, but I do know one thing for certain.

Islam is the religion of peace.

I think it's very important for people to always remember that. There may come a time when all Muslims need to rise up and fight. I hope that day doesn't come, inshallah.

I believe the best course of action is to educate. I really don't think this has been done to the extent Christianity has pursued it. Therefor, people will never know what Islam truly is.

I realize that I am new to Islam, yet I believe the Qur'aan has all the answers the world needs. We just need to find a way to reach the masses with this knowledge.
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
UK
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2020 16:38
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Sorry to correct a correction but Muslims don't need a PR campaign for Islam. Muslims have the Qur'aan and Hadeeth so Muslims ARE the PR (supposed to be anyway).

It's said a lot nowadays, even in the media but it goes right over the Islamophobes heads. In fact, the bad impression is not from Muslims but from leaders (global leaders, small racist community leaders, 'Muslim' leaders as well).
No post ratings