Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Video regarding Ego

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 19th November 2019 23:22
Salaam

I have watched this video about Ego. This person has explained it very well. I love his talks. He has very clear vision. But just wanted to know if we have the same believe? its how we Call it Nafs (Ego) which opposes the other entity Rooh (super ego) ?

Is it ok to listen to him regarding human behaviour?

Thanks
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 20th November 2019 01:50
Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

Assalam u Alaikum,

Sister, you didn't mention the name of the person and you also didn't share the link of the video. How could we know which person and which video you are talking about?
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 20th November 2019 10:53
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Wasalaam. oh I am sorry i forgot to add the link though I copied. Thanks for reminding.

He’s Eckhart Tolle. Here is the video.

youtu.be/hbj4nLOPN8o
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 20th November 2019 11:15
Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

Is he a Muslim?

If not, his vision is blurred.

If yes, he should be able to back himself with evidence from the Quran and Sunnah.

Be careful where you take your knowledge and understanding from.

On this topic, please refer to those lecturers whom you are already familiar with.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 20th November 2019 11:31
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

He is spiritual teacher.
has not identified with any religion. But sometimes quote Sufism, bible n Buddhism.

But human psychology is the Same? He talks about psychology more like scientifically. We believe in science right?

He is educated enough and have lots of fans over the world. He has changed many lives. His talks make loads of sense how could that be blurred?

Please can u watch the video and relate if its the right one? I will be very glad. Thank you.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 20th November 2019 12:07
Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

Firstly, Science is not always right. The more they learn, the more they adjust their understanding. Scientific findings agree with Islamic teachings. Islam does not agree with Science, it confirms what they have found.

This topic relates to your Aakhira, so you should take from authentic sources, regardless of how many fans or followers they have.

This is what people do with their Deen, they go to the wrong places. Who would you go to?

Take from Ulama not Non Muslim Spiritual Teachers

Take this for example
Distinguishing between Thoughts from the Devil and Ego | Mufti Abdur-Rahman ibn Yusuf
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZTo4UXL3cM

Halalified YouTube Audio

Islam and Ego - Nouman Ali Khan

Halalified YouTube Audio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtjwtmjbOKE

EGO IS THE ENEMY - Nouman Ali Khan Animated

Halalified YouTube Audio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JujGGWsd5g

Ego and Fame - Mufti Menk

Youtube Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG9VXdSX5dU
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 20th November 2019 12:36
I have now watched the video as well as another where he answers a question on what happens after we die.

His Ego may not let him see the truth. He speaks some sense because what he is saying is common knowledge or common sense. Otherwise, he is just another Stephen Hawkins, maybe a little less :)

Stephen Hawkins was given the best obituary on this site by Sister bint e aisha!
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 20th November 2019 15:12

Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

W-Salam, 

Ruh (soul) and Nafs (ego) are two separate things.

Ruh (soul):

This was you BEFORE your mother gave birth to you in the CURRENT physical form. An example is this verse of the Qur'aan long before you existed (in your physical form)

Loading Qur'aan Verse

Jasad (Body):

This is created by clay, it is the outer shell which is lifeless, it is your physical form.

Loading Qur'aan Verse

Nafs (ego):

Your soul (Roh) is now joined with your body and you get Nafs (Ego) and it has been levels in the Qur'aan with the most basic ones here:

Loading Qur'aan Verse

Loading Qur'aan Verse

Loading Qur'aan Verse

When you die, your soul leaves (to the heavens), your body is buried (on Earth) and your Nafs is no longer (because the connection is gone). This is roughly because if you are a Prophet (AS) or Martyr (Shaheed) it may be slightly different

+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 20th November 2019 18:22
Eckhart Tolle is part of the self help Guru Industry... Peddling pseudo spirituality.

Claims he had some spiritual awakening when he was 29. He wrote a book called Power of Now. After being featured on the Oprah Winfrey show.
His books audios and videos ended up selling millions.

The self-help industry is a billion dollar industry. Individuals sell spirituality mixed with pseudo psychology. All of it is part of the new age movement.

Psycho-Spirituality without the rules of a regular religion. A hotch potch of spiritual techniques taken from various religious traditions combined with psychology and sold in a package.

Best to avoid such things and seek spiritual nourishment from authentic Islamic sources...

+2 -0Like x 1Agree x 3Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 20th November 2019 18:37
I used to be addicted to reading these type of stuff. The main thing that is peddled in these type of books is that you can do anything, achieve anything and accomplish anything.

If you believe in yourself if you can visualise the end result and by changing your thoughts. It sounds attractive.

Thats the main danger! Islamically our aqeedah is that you can only accomplish and achieve things through the help and assistance, of Allah. We seek the help of Allah at each and every step.

We believe Allah alone has power over All things. Every task we begin with Bismillah in difficulty we say La Hawla Wala Quwwata Illah Billah. When intending to do something we say IN SHA ALLAH.

With the so-called new age movement they have taken God out of the equation.For them everything is down to the power of your ability of visualisation and the power of your own mind.
+6 -0Like x 2Winner x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 20th November 2019 18:52
For further reading on this Steve Salerno a journalist wrote a book exposing this movement. More then a decade ago.

The book is called "SHAM, how the Self Help and Actualistion Movement leaves us Helpless.:

The following intro is by the publishers.

In this book, the author goes deep inside the 'Self-Help and Actualization Movement' to offer the serious expose of this multibillion-dollar industry and the real damage it is doing - not just to its paying customers but to all of society
+4 -0Like x 2Winner x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 20th November 2019 19:33
Even the Christians say his teachings are kufr!
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 21st November 2019 00:09
JazakAllah khair to all of you.

Alhamdulillah i am so so glad that i asked here otherwise i would have distracted again God-forbid.

I doubted his teaching in this video for awhile and thus asked here as it was contradicting our belief, i felt. We do believe when one follow his , desires anger etc his spiritual status is degraded or heart/soul gets corrupted.
(He said the same) But we strogly believe We are responsible for it or mainly for our sins. But he said that Desires or anger etc drives You and you are not responsible for it. Its not the real you but your ego that you Identified yourself with and ones u realise this, you find urself and break ur ego.

Anyways i am very much thankful for all of these comments. I have unsubscribed his channel and will never listen to him inshaAllah. Yes he speaks science but yes a brother has mentioned rightly. it do fluctuates with research and time and at the end he is Human being he can be right and be wrong, i cant follow his teachings. I wonder.

And as one brother mentioned abt the danger. Like they set a goal and through different steps, you achieve it, you believe only in urself. I think i got very motivated with it, as i got to believe i can set everything after this much time period etc
Thanks for mentioning this point.

JazakAllah khair once again.

Thank youu

+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 21st November 2019 09:45
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Bismillah.

Just to clarify in the Self Help books and New Age Actualisation movement it is normally claimed.

If you have set written goals, then you are sending out a message to the universe and the universe will conspire to help you achieve them.

This kind of pseudo-Spirituality is shirk. The Universe has no power, or some mystical energy that helps a person accomplish their goals.

It is also promoted using other names such as cosmic ordering, the idea that the cosmos helps can help you achieve and accomplish your goals "Ask and ye shall receive".. All your mind has to do is conceive and believe and it will achieve, your thoughts are energy and that energy is sent out to the cosmos...The cosmos then magically makes things happen helping you accomplish your goals.

These concepts about the universe and its energies are borrowed by the new age movement from Buddhist and Taoist philosophies.

Our trust is not in the universe but in ALLAH, the creator of the universe.

These pseudo-spiritual goal setting methods are normally packaged by quoting one of 2 fake scientific studies. First alleging a goal setting study was carried out at Yale University in 1953, the other claiming it was carried out in a graduating MBA class at Harvard in 1979.

STATING:

84% of the entire class had set no goals at all
13% of the class had goals but had no concrete plans
3% of the class had both written goals and concrete plans.

But 10 years later when the researchers did a followup they found the 84% of the entire class that had set no goals at all were earning an average income.
the 13% were earning twice as much as the 84%.

But the 3% who had both written goals and concrete plans. Were earning 10 times as much.

Both these studies have been debunked. They are a myth and never actually happened.

+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd November 2019 01:13
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Brother i watched this video by bro Nouman Ali khan. (Ego is ur enemy)

Its said, when you become religious, first your ego is flourished then your heart becomes hard then you are Religious outwardly but corrupt inwardly. You get worse to those who may done physical sins but your causes spiritual disease which is more heinous.

It means if a person is good at heart and doesn’t follow religion strictly, he is good than other who started practicing? As he will be having more tests and he will be encountered by ego, shytan etc and thus will fell off down to his previous station from where he took the journey?
No post ratings