Topic Appreciation
bint e aisha, sipraomer
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 18th September 2019 17:11
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I have not talked about his birth. Those who are doing it are doing wrong.

I am only quoting those ulema who have the knowledge of Quran and Sunnah and are using their best judgement and common sense to relate ahadith of fitan with the events of these times and then with good intentions are warning us to get prepared and be cautious.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 18th September 2019 19:08
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

Quote:
The problem isn't that there are a few who are speaking against Jihad

They are not few; the majority is speaking against jihad.

Quote:
the problem lies once again in only one thing and one thing alone: wahn in the hearts.

Agree 100%

Quote:
Have you ever been to Madinah? Ever seen the people over there coming to blows over the opportunity to pray 2 rakats at Riyadh-ul-Jannah? Especially people from the subcontinent? When the people start fighting for their place in the battlefields in a similar fashion, then we'll know that the Ummah is ready for Mahdi. I don't believe that the Mahdi will come and assemble the Ummah for Jihad I believe, he will emerge from amongst a group of people that is already spiritually in such a place. And that day, IMO is decades and decades away.

The time for the arrival of Mahdi علیه السلام is only known to Allah ta'ala so this discussion is only futile.
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2019 06:59
Quote:
They are not few; the majority is speaking against jihad.

I have no idea what made you come to this conclusion, but from what little I have understood about the ulema of today is that the majority are politically correct rather than being outright against Jihad. Even those who are expressing any sentiments against it, are not really against Jihad, they are just "keeping with the times" as they say. If you were to ask their opinions privately, then you'd know what they truly believe.

You can blame them for cowardice, perhaps, but an accusation as serious as rejection of Jihad, that is something that's not my experience at all. If you are expecting all ulema and mashaikh to come out and declare their support for or to call for immediate Jihad in a united fashion, I am afraid that that's never gonna happen. Because different ulema have different ideas about how best the Ummah will be saved at a time like this. And they are perfectly within their right to do so. No one group of ulema can dictate which method of "saving" the Ummah needs right now.

We all wish for that time when the ulema would state clearly once and for all that it's time for Jihad, and that everyone needs to join in at once. But just a simple interaction with the average Pakistani or even an average Muslim from another country should be enough to understand the ground realities right now. I am not even talking about the ultra-liberals or ultra-secularists. I am talking about the average Muslim who understands the basics of religion, who prays five times a day, etc. The words I hear from such people's mouths regarding Jihad in Kashmir or in Afghanistan just makes me wonder why Allah is even letting us go on like this. People are literally expressing the same thing that the Bani Israel said to Prophet Moses عليه السلام when Allah ordered them to do Jihad.

So tell me, who are the ulema to call out to? Let's not forget that the ulema are created out of these very people who are so scared of Jihad anyways. Ulema aren't people specially sent down on the shoulders of angels to serve the Ummah. They are normal humans like the rest of us. Just because you read a few ahadith on Jihad and memorize them doesn't suddenly give you the passion for it or the tawwakal or iman required for it. The building of that iman and tawakkul is back-breaking hard work. The kind of work that requires persistent effort over a long period of time. A few fiery speeches aren't gonna get anyone ready to sacrifice their lives for the sake of Allah. Because ultimately this sacrifice is the most genuine expression of love to Allah. And how are a bunch of people who don't even fully know their Creator, let alone being in love with Him, supposed to start expressing their love through the ultimate sacrifice?

My point is that before we start obsessing over these big events of our future, like, the global Jihad, the Khilafa, Ghazwa-e-Hind or the coming of Mahdi, we need the Ummah focused on persistent every day efforts of our deen. Which is why I absolutely agree with sipraomer's point about the spiritual betterment first and foremost.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2019 08:37
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

I agree, people don’t trust the ‘slogan’ of jihad. The reason is the same which I mentioned in one of my previous posts and friends got upset :)

It is not by ‘chance’...

The enemy have carefully planned it. They start the so called Jihad through their agents, commit unspeakable atrocities against the people, so that they become ‘sick’ of the word jihad, they kill and torture in the name jihad, rape in the name of jihad, loot in the name of jihad, blast bombs in masajid, funerals, crowded places to kill the innocent Muslims, and make this word a curse even amongst Muslims, leave alone non Muslims.

Not only Jihad, they create a fake khilafat, attribute all the sacred prophecies to it, allow it to commit every crime thinkable, make them use the word دابق and اعماق and then let them be defeated by a private secular Kurd gang, so that all the sacredness associated with these names goes down the drain, leaving Muslims wondering if all that was true ? Think of the devastating effect it can have on the morales...
and think of Syrian Muslim refugees turning to Christianity in big numbers :(

What if the same is repeated in the name of ghazwae hind in Indo-Pak region ?

The uluma are fighting a difficult battle.If they give a blanket fatwa of Jihad, such groups will make our life a living hell. Let us have some mercy on this Ummah....
+0 -0Agree x 1Disagree x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2019 10:24
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Quote:

So it was the right mindset which made me use my skills to serve the deen. (May Allah accept my services)

What you did is both honourable and certainly desirable.

But I have different kind of things in mind when I talk about serving the Deen.

The Noble Qur'an says that there must be a group among you who works for Allah SWT.

The Khanqah, the Madarsa and the Tablighi Jama-at - all three would say that they are the ones who are working for Allah SWT.

Sadly they are all confined to Makkah life.

But Makkah life was merely a preparation for Madani life.

I personally feel that Imran Khan is more like the people whom the Noble Qur'an is talking about. And Rajab Taiyyab Erdugan and Mahathir Muhammed.

Tablighi Jama-at would like to think of itself as a Dawah community but Dr Zakir Naik (and Dr Shabir Ally and Ustad Ali Atai) are more like desirable Dawah workers. And that makes them the workers of Allah.

sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Quote:

Professional Muslims can also build think tanks which could compete with RAND and make Professor Maripat and "Professor" Muadh Khan head of these think tanks.

Rand or not I do expect reward for my efforts from Lord Most High. And I classify my work as different from Spritual-vs-Material dichotomy. Muslim Ummah has serious problems in India as well as at global level and we Muslims should sit up and take a note and do something about it and Khanqah (the spiritual hospital)-Madarsa (the school teaching Deen)-Tablighi Jama-at (leaving comfort of home to imbibe Islamic elements in personal life) is not the solution but merely a training period for entering the field of life.

sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Quote:

At the end I would again emphasize on this point that we need more practical steps to resolve our issues rather than wasting time in Hassan Nisar Style theoretical onslaught on our already heart broken ummah.

I am glad that now you agree with me on Hassan Nisar.

Had you not interjected earlier I would have thought of wiping out the floor with Hassan Nisar for his constant demoralization of Muslims.

Such action would serve a very good purpose. It would change the course of the discourse.

Some day me or someone else has to completely deconstruct some visible liberal democrat in order to do the same - I mean this change of discourse.

Please understand I mean something like what Shashi Tharoor did in Oxford Union debate a few years ago. (Please find and listen to the You Tube video. And boy, does the time fly?)

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Quote:

The Sufis who spend time in their khanqahs doing spiritual exercises day in and day out - have they not achieved the desired level of spirituality to solve the problems of the Ummah?

I am glad my dear that you are asking the right question.
The generation of Sahab RA needed those precious thirteen years of preparation because Deen had to be created afresh from the scratch for no working model was existing at that time.
We are lucky that we have the model of the Sahaba RA and their successors - all trained in a sense by Rasoolallah SAW himself. After Rasoolallah SAW every patch of thirteen years in the life of Ummah is a period of training for the corresponding generation.

Anyone looking for additional 13 years of training has missed a crucial point and that, in my view, has something to do with WAHN. One simply has to put one's services at the disposal of those who are working in the path of Allah SWT.

I shall give a few examples.

(1) In one of the Pakistan Parliament debates Hina Rabbani Khar commented on Imran Khan that the PM,Imran Khan, was interfering in the internal affairs of another country - India. Why? Because Imran Khan wanted Mr Narendra Modi to win again. (Which Mr Modi eventually did.) Hina Rabbani Khar is a brilliant orator (even if she speaks Urdu in Qandeel Baloch style) and she is a brilliant advocate of Muslim cause but in this particular speech she was simply off the target. She forgot what happened in 1971. Did someone interfere in someone else's internal affairs at that time or not? To what extent? People like Khar would like Indian Muslims to pitch for them but she can not field for her own country.

Then there is a very well organized IT Cell of the BJP who employs a large number of typist level IT workers to pitch for Saffron, RSS, BJP and to spew hate and venom against Muslims and Islam while our brothers are not ready to spend even few minutes countering this hate filled campaign.

I am not asking for a counter hate filled answer but for answering these filthy attacks in a civilized manner. The Saffron trolls are not mostly exposing themselves. Muslim youth too need not expose themselves to unnecessary risks but answer the hate propaganda politely but firmly with non-descript userids. But where is that youth? Last time I heard Pakistan was generating highest traffic to watch dirty sites.

(2) In several of Imran Khans speeches recently he was using such terminology about partition that though his intentions were to defend Pakistan but ultimately his argument is not going to have much weight.

Why?

Because even a person like Ayesha Jalal, a person with leftist bend of mind and very good academic reputation, was finding it difficult to argue in favour of Qayad-e-Azam.

The tricky problem is that she is the pioneer of the findings that absolve Mr Jinnah of many of the accusations that he has been held guilty of in connection with partition.

This is the academic angle that takes the whole discussion above Spiritual-Material, G!h@d-Terrorism debate. Even if you are a Muslim in name only you can contribute to improving the situation of the Ummah by putting your weight in favour of Ummah.

(3) Decades ago when Parvez Musharraf visited India as President of Pakistan Maulana Mehmood Madani attacked him verbally in a press conference. Why? To send a message to the Hindus of India that he is such patriot and anti-Pakistan.

Another example. Recently when Naseeruddin Shah complained on intolerance in India then Imran Khan advised India to learn from Pakistan how to treat minorities. At this both Naseeruddin Shah and Asaduddin Owaisi told Imran Khan to mind his business. why? Again to wear their nationalism on the sleeve.

Why can't Muslims defend their Islam and not feel guilty about it?

The issue clearly is different from making our Iman very strong, powerful, Pukhta, Pakka. By the time you become an adult you are supposed to have got that precious thirteen years training that sahaba RA got in Makkah.

The fact remains that all these requirements that I am listing involve certain amount of hard work and some risk.

And risks we have to take. And yet I am not asking to take undue risks.

Professor Mehmood Mamadani in his seminal book The Good Muslim, the Bad Muslim wrote that it is very difficult to criticize Israel in USA. Yet Ilhan Omar did precisely that.

I am asking for similar kind of courage. That is all.

The Mehdi Angle

I am fond of Mehdi AS. But in my analysis I try to figure out the things as if Mehdi AS is not visible around the horizon.
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

Quote:
I have no idea what made you come to this conclusion, but from what little I have understood about the ulema of today is that the majority are politically correct rather than being outright against Jihad.

True, true, true.

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2019 10:42

Maripat wrote:
View original post

Ilhan Omar & Rashida Tlaib are not courageous at all, they are shrewd political operators. I have spent time in both of their constituencies. Large numbers of Somali and Yemeni/Palestinians Arabs who votes them into power so they need to speak like that. I have spent 40 days in Jamaat in each and you go through coffee houses and these guys drink tea and play cards during Ramadhan, after Jumuah (there is Asar immediately and then nobody comes to the Masjid for Asar and YET they are staunchly Anti-Isarel due to cultural and racial reasons and nothing to do with Islam.

The outside (group) opposes them but the outside will not vote for them and they both know it. They are playing to their vote-base which will get them elected. When the Jackass (trump) attacks them the (local) white people back both of them because of (local) pride and they both know it too. It is normal in American politics for locals to back their member of congress (regardless of party) when attacked by Washington. There is fierce price and locals see it as "their girl" being bullied. They are both very crafty!

AOC is progressive and Pro-Peace, yet notice her silence on Palestine & Kashmir, it is because her constituency has a large Indian & Jewish diaspora (and she knows it) but I prefer AOC over the rest of the 3 any day, she comes across as a genuinely good girl. 3rd being Ayanna and she is the smartest of the lot, she keeps her rhetoric just below the boiling point but keeps on voting on party-lines.

The only people who are courageous in Western politics are Bernie Sanders and Jeremy Corbyn and genuinely Anti-Fascist.

+3 -0Like x 1
London, UK
Brother
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 20th September 2019 18:17
Thread locked and all posts after the above post has been moved to debates section.
No post ratings