Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Reliance

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 9th September 2019 01:29
Asalaam alekom

How much can a person Rely on ALLAH? In the matters of deen and dunia?

We are supposed to rely and put our Trust in Him in big matters only or can do it in small tasks too? If we ask now and then? .... (Like if we ask or trust someone again and again, they get fed up of us or think that we are good for nothing)
Thanks

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 9th September 2019 05:58
Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

Do not compare the creation with the Creator.

If we expect and ask from the creation, the creation gets angry and fed up.

If we don't request Allah and ask for His help, He becomes angry.

We must rely on Allah 100%. Whether we need shoes to wear. Or we need a house to live. Whether we need the taufeeq to perform Hajj or Jihad. Or we just need to say Subhan Allah. Whether we need small things. Or we need big things. We must ask, request, beg from Allah and rely 100% on him. This is called Tawakul.

However, reliance on Allah doesn't mean that we leave the means and asbab of this dunia. We must eat food to satisfy our hunger but must ask and expect from Allah that he will put barakah in that food by means of saying Bismillah and by the means of earning that food in a halal manner and by the means of eating it the sunnah way.

Anas ibn Malik reported: A man said, “O Messenger of Allah, should I tie my camel and trust in Allah, or should I leave her untied and trust in Allah?” The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Tie her and trust in Allah.”

Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 2517

Some people believe that leaving all the asbaab and only focusing on dua and worship is called tawakul. However, it is not tawakul but ta'attul. Ta'attul means to leave all the physical means of this dunia and expect help from Allah. It is discouraged in Shariah. It is true that some sahaba RA and aulia RH did get help in this manner. However, they had had a high level of iman and when there would have been some delay in Allah's unseen help due to his hikmah, Shaitan couldn't cast doubt in their hearts because of their high level of iman. We commoners don't have that high level of iman so Shariah has discouraged us to do ta'atul and adopt all the means possible.

Thirdly, how much means do we need again depends upon our level of iman.

For instance, if you have 70 ruppees and the thing you need costs 100 ruppees. You do not cheat or lie to get the remaining 30 ruppees. You have exhausted all your energies to get 100 ruppees by all halal ways. Still you are short of 30 ruppees. You offer prayers and don't leave any faraidh. Now you make dua from Allah to grant you the thing you need. Allah will provide you with the remaining 30 ruppees. The key is full faith in Him that He has the power of providing you the remaining 30 ruppees. It is a possibility that you get that thing for free. Or the remaining 30 ruppees are granted to you by Allah in the means of currency or in any other means like "gift" from someone.

If you have 50 ruppees then you will need more iman because you need 50 more ruppees of help from Allah's unseen treasures. And the case goes on.

So much so, that if you have got only 1 ruppee then, to get 99 ruppees you need more iman because now the chance of doubt is more that how will I get that thing which costs 100 ruppees where as I have only 1 ruppee. If you have exhausted all your energies and even after that you have got only 1 ruppee but you still trust in Allah then He will arrange either the remaining 99 ruppees or the thing you need you asked for.

Fourthly, it is not necessary that Allah's help comes in material form. For instance, a rich man may have the privilege to eat mutton in order to satisfy his taste buds and gain energy from it. And a poor man could not afford it. However, Allah will give sabr to a pious poor man and he will remain happy without eating meat. Also Allah will give even physical energy to the pious poor man through dhikr. It doesn't mean that the pious poor man needs to remain poor all his life and is not encouraged to work hard and become rich to serve the deen. However, in order to gain happiness and strength wealth is not must and without it also one can remain happy and strong. So if a poor pious person works hard but still remains poor because of Qadr of Allah, he will not become sad but will do sabr (The quality of sabr is the unseen help from Allah). Because of his piety many of his problems will be solved without wealth in the form of gifts from other pious people without him asking it from them. Or in any other form.

When we get sick then we are advised to go to the doctor. However, we must also recite durood 7 times, Surah Fatiha 7 times and then durood 7 times and then blow it on the water we drink, food we eat and on our body. If a poor man can't afford medical treatment, then by the Will of Allah only the amal of Surah Fatiha will become the means of cure for him. This will be an unseen help from Allah. If a rich man goes to the doctor but the doctor fails to heal him and he does this amal, then with Allah's will he can also be cured. However, yaqeen on amaal is necessary in order for them to work. Seeking the doctor with the intention of him being the means of cure and not the originator of cure itself and realizing this that only Allah will grant cure but the means is doctor is called Tawakul.

Doing amal while having the intention that amaal are just a means of cure but it is Allah who will cure me and amaal are just a means is called Tawakul. Whether one adopts material means or spiritual means, the doer and bestower is Allah. And this is called relying on Allah.

If one has material means then one must adopt both material and spiritual means. If one has no material means then one must adopt spiritual means. If one has less material means then one must adopt those less material means along with spiritual means. The key is following the Ahkam of Allah and then expecting help from Him and not making it obligatory that when I raise my hands, or adopt material means then Allah has to or must immediately solve my problems. Have good intentions and thoughts about Him and He will grant the thing when He wishes. We can only adopt the means and this is our job to do so. The final decision is His, not ours. The result is in His hands and not in ours. We must do and do and do and do and ask and ask and ask and ask and expect and expect and expect and expect till our death whether in this world He grants us the thing or not. This is called Tawakul (Reliance). Never lose hope. Keep on trying and asking by all the means you have got. Lack of material resources doesn't mean that you stop acting and stop asking. You still have got spiritual resources which are free. The key is in yaqeen and in striving.

Kuffar have yaqeen on their material resources because they are not connected to Allah. Momineen have yaqeen on Allah alone and along with that they strive to gather material resources and also adopt spiritual means. Lack of material means do not disappoint them because their yaqeen is not in the resources but the Originator of those resources i.e. Allah. And still they have access to spiritual means which they must not leave whether they have the material resources or not. Because of adopting spiritual means with full yaqeen upon Allah, Allah bestows barakah in their material means as well. Barakah means quality of resources instead of quantity. Because of barakah less material resources become sufficient. It doesn't mean that Momineen are discouraged to strive for more material resources. The only thing is that they must not make it an obsession and neglect their spiritual resources i.e. Amaal while trying to gather material resources. The reason is that their yaqeen is not in the resources but the Originator i.e. Allah. Kuffar because of lack of yaqeen and connection with Allah put full force on gathering material resources. And if they fail despite of their resources or if they are short of resources they lose hope. However, momineen don't lose hope in any situation because 1. Their yaqeen is on Allah and not the resources. 2. They still have got spiritual resources (Not saying that they should not strive to gather material resources only saying that they must believe that the Doer is Allah alone and must not make those resources an obsession). A momin never loses hope and uses whatever means he has got. Never leaves his spiritual resources whether he has got material ones or not and never becomes boastful because of his vast material resources and or loses hope because of lack of them. This is because he believes that it is only Allah who will make it happen and these resources are just structures. It is Allah who will implement His amr or soul in these structures if He wishes. Our job is to create these structures through halal means and do the amaal along with them and also ask Allah to apply His amr in those structures. Despite of our full effort if those structures are weak or deficient (material resources are insufficient) Allah will still implement His Amr if He wills (Looking at the effort we made and being happy because of our Amaal and Dua). If however, it is not His Qadr yet to bestow that amr out of His infinite wisdom then we will get reward for our struggle in the life here after provided that our efforts were to please Him alone. It is possible that we don't live to see the fruits of our struggle but our generations see it. It is also possible that our generations are also unable to see and Qiyamah happens. No matter, it actualizes or not, we will get the reward if our intentions were correct.

This is called Tawakkul. I tried to explain it and I hope you are not confused. It's a bit complex and I tried to make sure that I leave no angle and make it as clear as possible. Sorry for repetitions and I hope you get my point. It is difficult to put it in words until one doesn't experience it oneself. I am a bad communicator.
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 9th September 2019 22:48
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

JazakAllah khair brother. Yes i have got the meaning of Tawakul now. I am more clear about the material and spiritual resources now Alhamdulillah.
Thanks again for explaining it in detail and in simple form.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 9th September 2019 23:55
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Brother one thing about our Protection. I read in a book (paraphrasing)
that Yaqub a.s. was asked- you were afraid of two things, your other sons and that animal and thus both of them happened... that u had fear of.
Why not You a.s. Mentioned/believed that ALLAH is Haafiz and He will protect Yosuf a.s. Instead You had fears in heart which Yousuf a.s. Faced.

Brother i wanted to know if we don’t make dua for protection specifically still ALLAH is our protector? He protects us even if we haven’t asked or called for it? Just like HE is Razaaq we believe He gives Rizk to Everyone. Same goes with our Protection? Just like Yaqub a.s. Were told that why not you said ALLAH is protecter. Or ALLAH protects us and saves us from calamity when we ask Him. ?

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 10th September 2019 04:05
Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

Do you wait for children to ask you for protection when danger is about to hit them, or do you protect them regardless?

Sometimes, you don't see the danger coming and the child then gets hurt, other times the child sees it coming and they ask for help or you see it and protect them. Occasionally when the danger comes and they ask for your help, you may not be there or be able to help

Sometimes it is necessary for that incident to take place whether you want it or not because everything happens by the will of Allah and Allah is the best of planners.

We must seek protection from Allah in all our ways. Whether we think we need it or not. Even when we don't seek protection but are saved, it is still from Allah.

When inflicted with danger/tests, it is from Allah. Whether we succeed or fail, it is still by the will of Allah.

But at all times, we must do the utmost to prevent anything from happening, the rest will still happen as written.

No matter how much faith one has, they would not leave a child in the middle of the road believing that no danger will come to them as they have sought protection from Allah.

It is common sense that you will not leave a child in the road.

So we have to do our bit and Allah will do what He wills.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 10th September 2019 14:01
Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

Assalamu alaikum

In which book did you read that?
+1 -0Like x 1
UK
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 10th September 2019 16:04
"Trust" in reality is to accept what happens even if we don't understand it.

What may seem like harm may well be protection from something worse and we simply cannot comprehend the depths of protection.

Take Khidr (AS)'s story as an example of trust where every time Musa (AS) questioned the actions there were unseen peotections taking place which only came to light once explained.
+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 11th September 2019 01:20
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Yes right. We must be asking for Protection no matter what. JazakAllah khair brother
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 11th September 2019 01:22
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Walekom Asalaam:)
It was a book by Imam Ghazali rhmt.A. It was of my friend.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 11th September 2019 01:24
Yasin wrote:
View original post

JazakAllah khair yes indeed that’s so rightly defined. Thank you brother.

No post ratings