Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Sadness

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2019 03:15
Salaam

I have always my past in mind or future these days... few of people have asked me why i look sad. I just say i am working on my projects or am not well etc

I used to be v happy now i am always lost in thoughts.

JazakAllah khair for any help
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2019 10:53
Smile more often, it's Sunnah

It is such a great Sunnah that scientist have concluded that the facial muscles reflect on your personality/mood. So if you stay sad and show it, that's how you will become but if you smile more often, even fake smiles to start with, inshaAllah, it'll change your mood and bring you back to towards a Sunnah.
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2019 11:23
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Don't under estimate the power of the Sunnah. Every Sunnah has much wisdom behind it that even if we think we know, we don't know the infinite benefits behind it, no matter how small the Sunnah is!

How smiling stimulates the production of endorphins

Have you ever tried to hold a pencil with your teeth? Researchers had proven that intentionally exercising your zygomaticus major muscle and orbicularis oculi muscle can actually make us feel better. How? It is like holding a pencil with your teeth, or simply, smiles!

So what is going on in our brains when we smile? Imagine we are in a pleasant situation, like bumping into an old friend on the metro. When our brains feel happy, endorphins are produced and neuronal signals are transmitted to your facial muscles to trigger a smile. This is the start of the positive feedback loop of happiness. When our smiling muscles contract, they fire a signal back to the brain, stimulating our reward system, and further increasing our level of happy hormones, or endorphins. In short, when our brain feels happy, we smile; when we smile, our brain feels happier.

Fake it till you make it! Yes, if you want to be happy, just smile. Thanks to the positive feedback loop of smiling, we can alter our brain's emotional processing pathway to feel happier with a simple smile.

Smiling is contagious

Does faking a smile sound hard to you? No worries. Just be with someone who smiles. A Swedish study found that it is indeed difficult to keep a long face when you look at people who are smiling at you. Smiling is just contagious! Seeing people smile stimulates our mirror neurones to suppress our facial muscle control, and trigger a smile. 'You smile, I smile' is actually a scientific fact!

Furthermore, smiling also brings health benefits, like reducing anxiety, as well as lowering your blood pressure and heart rate. The happiness level that a smile can bring to our brains is estimated as equivalent to that of having 2,000 bars of chocolate, or getting £16,000. Thus, we do not need chocolate and cash to be happy. A single smile will do!

Why I took part in the FameLab competition

Since I was small, I have always loved learning interesting facts and asking questions. It is rewarding to know how things work, and that is why I love science. I remember when I was in kindergarten; I went to a clinic and read a health leaflet about fever. It was the first time I realised fever is actually not a disease, but a symptom of disease! I told my parents, my cousins, my classmates, my teachers… everyone I knew. That feeling of sharing knowledge was undoubtedly good. Humans are the only known species in the world to gain pleasure from acquiring knowledge, and sharing knowledge is just like sharing joy with others.

Nature is so fascinating that I want to share everything I learn with people around me. FameLab has been a golden opportunity for me to share my happiness in learning interesting facts, and to meet others like me. This is why I recorded my audition video about the 'science of attraction' and joined FameLab.

How we all share the joy of scientific curiosity

Everyone is a scientist. Science allows us to use reasoning and to think critically. We are all experts in different fields: for example, one might question, research, hypothesise, experiment and analyse the best way to clean the house every day. I think that we don't need to read research literature to be scientists. By observing and learning about things that we find interesting, and by sharing knowledge with others, we can all be scientists.
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 30th August 2019 13:27
JazakAllah khair brother inshaAllah i will follow this beloved Sunnah of our Prophet s.a.w. I never thought people would even notice it. But Alhamdulillah i got the remedy. JazakAllah khair
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 30th August 2019 13:38
Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said the word الحزن does not appear in the Qur’aan except in the form of forbidding it

ولا تهنو ولاتحزنوا

or in the form of negating it

فلاخوف عليهم ولا هم يحزنون

And the reason for this is because there is no benefit for having sadness in the heart. The most beloved thing to shaitan is to make the believing slave sad by taking him off track.
The Prophet صلی الله عليه وسلم sought refuge in Allah سبحانه وتعالى from sadness.

اللهم إني أعوذ بك من الهم والحزن
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 3
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 14th September 2019 19:32
Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

Listen to those who say positive things. Avoid those who say negative things. The more positivity is around you, the more easy it will be to remain happy.

Also, always try to keep Allah and Jannah in mind.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 15th September 2019 01:06
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Yes that’s true. InshaAllah i will. jazakAllah khair brother
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 15th September 2019 01:09
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

JazakAllah khair sister i think i have missed this reply of yours.

Can u paste the translation of these verses or reference please? I know it says dont be sad or dont get afraid. But wanted to know exact one. Thank you
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 15th September 2019 09:01
Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

Loading Qur'aan Verse
Loading Qur'aan Verse
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 16th September 2019 00:03
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

JazakAllah khair sister i loved this first one Alhamdulillah very comforting. I am glad I asked for its translation. Thank you
No post ratings