Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Clean heart

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2019 02:52
Asalaam alekom

I have listened to few lectures and read few booklets about purification of heart.

There is talk and procedures about how to Clean your heart from jealousy, hatred and malice etc they are diseases and ones they are fixed you get a clean heart.

Buy if your heart has not such kind of diseases in general. But the heart is sick due to not doing worship of ALLAH.

How you fix it then? Do you need to do lots of azkar daily and lots of worship? Then u get a heart thats not sick?

Please someone can recommend some Daily azkar or could give a easy routine to follow up? Thanks
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2019 03:03
By Quran Academy | February 8th, 2018

3 Spiritual and Emotional Benefits of Seeking Istighfar
benefits-of-seeking-istighfar

I like to think of Istighfar as a ‘get out of jail’ card for Muslims. None of us can boldly say that we have never sinned before, but the beautiful thing about being a Muslim is that Allah (ta’ala) has given us the opportunity to seek His forgiveness and have our sins erased, if He wills.

Istighfar (or seeking forgiveness), is a gift for us as Muslims. It is our way of returning to our Lord whenever we step out of the limits that He has set for us.

This is why it is highly encouraged that whenever you know that you have committed a sin, you should seek forgiveness. Even if you are not aware that you have sinned, it is good to make istighfar a daily part of our lives, so that we can seek forgiveness for sins unknown to us.

Istighfar has many benefits for us as Muslims, and these will in sha’a Allah motivate you to ask for forgiveness more often.

Wipes Our Slates Clean
Sins eat away at our good deeds, and the heavier they become on our scale of deeds, the higher a person’s chances of being punished in the hereafter.

Part of what reverses this balance in scale is sincere repentance to Allah (ta’ala). It is a recognition of our wrongdoing and a sincere promise to strive to stay away from the sin.

Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, “Allah, the Exalted, has said: ‘O son of adam, I forgive you as long as you pray to Me and hope for My forgiveness, whatever sins you have committed. O son of ‘Adam, I do not care if your sins reach the height of the heaven, then you ask for my forgiveness, I would forgive you. O son of ‘Adam, if you come to Me with an earth load of sins, and meet Me associating nothing to Me, I would match it with an earthload of forgiveness.”‘(Tirmidhi)

When you seek forgiveness from Allah (ta’ala), you are wiping your scales clean of sins as much as possible. And remember that He has promised that as long as a servant continues to sincerely repent, He will forgive.

Many times, Shaytaan may try to convince us that our sins are so big that they can’t be forgiven. So, he’ll try to get you to sink further into sins.

Do not fall for this. Remember that all you have to do is sincerely make istighfar and if Allah wills, you’ll be free of the sin.

The Prophet (‎ﷺ) said: “Glad tidings to those who find a lot of seeking forgiveness in the record of their deeds.” (Sunan Ibn Majah)

You may also like: Tips to take care of yourself!

Brings Us Closer to Allah (ta’ala)
The fear, shame and embarrassment that we feel whenever we commit a sin is a good thing. It is a sign that you are conscious of Allah (ta’ala) even though you have erred.

Many times, when these feelings accompany a sin, it can propel us to seek forgiveness. You feel so bad with whatever you have done that you turn your face towards Allah (ta’ala) and ask Him to forgive you.

The process of asking for forgiveness is what brings you closer to Allah (ta’ala). It helps you to recognize His Supremacy and you feel the need to seek His forgiveness.

Many times, people also get the urge to do good deeds after they may have done something bad. This helps to bring you closer to Allah (ta’ala).

Relieves Your Heart From Worry
A conscious heart is disturbed whenever it commits a sin. Maybe you backbit someone and the conversation has been weighing heavily on your mind.

With Istighfar, there is a chance that you will feel better. There is a chance that after asking for forgiveness, you feel less of a sinner and eager to worship Allah (ta’ala).

Some Istighfar Duas of the Prophet (‎ﷺ)

It was well known that the Messenger of Allah (‎ﷺ)used to seek Istighfar a lot. He sought forgiveness at least seventy times a day.

For the rest of us, this is a model behaviour and here are duas that we can make a part of our lives.

`Abdullah bin `Amr narrated from Abu Bakr As-Siddiq that he said:
“O Messenger of Allah, teach me a supplication that I may supplicate with in my Salat.” He (ﷺ) said: “Say: ‘O Allah, I have wronged myself much, and none forgives sins except You. So forgive me with forgiveness from You, and have mercy upon me, indeed, You are the Forgiving, the Merciful (Allāhumma innī ẓalamtu nafsī ẓulman kathīran wa lā yaghfirudh-dhunūba illā anta faghfirlī maghfiratan min `indika warḥamnī innaka antal-Ghafūrur-Raḥīm).’”

اللهم إنك عفو تحب العفو فاعفُ عني‏

“Allahumma innaka ‘afuwwun, tuhibbul-‘afwa, fa’fu ‘anni (O Allah, You are Most Forgiving, and You love forgiveness; so forgive me).” (Riyad us-Saliheen)

There are many more duas that we can make for forgiveness, even something as light on the tongue as saying “astaghfiruLlah” is a great way of seeking forgiveness.

The most important thing is that as Muslims, we understand that we may sin and that we have been granted the gift of Istighfar as a way to return to our Lord.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2019 03:07
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2019 03:21
Bismillah.

For a novice there is a tendency to jump from one dhikr to the next.

For example you read the the benefits of Hasbunallah start doing it enthusiastically. Then you read benefits La Hawla Wala Quwwatah Illah Billah start doing that instead. Then its Durood Sharif for a while then its istighfar for a while.

Or a person in their enthusiasm starts to do to many different types of Adhkaar and after a couple of weeks feel overwhelmed and slowly start leaving out certain dhikrs until they end up back at zero and exactly where they started.

I just mentioned Istighfar because I know Brother Abu Muhammad has highlighted the benefits to you previously.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2019 00:51
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

JazakAllah khair brother. How much Astaghfar shall I recite daily?

I remember the brother told me about Hasbunallahu wanaimal wakeel?

I forgot about Astaghfar i think

I wonder now why i forget too soon? Or may be i am always asking and searching everywhere and endup mixing up things.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2019 10:35
Muslimah S wrote:
How much Astaghfar shall I recite daily?

Abundantly :) as per the Hadith

Can you tell me how many times the Prophet (saw) would make istighfaar? and he wasn't even sinful
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 29th August 2019 00:42
Bismillah.

Recite as much as possible, throughout the day.

Bare minimum should be a hundred times a day.

One of the Mashaykh recommended to me some years ago. That I should recite it 20 times after each Salah. With reflection.

The rest of time you can recite abundantly without keeping count.

From what I have seen some people prefer to keep count, and recite upto 10,000 times a day. Or even more.

With counting method its best to start slow and build up... 500 times in a day is easy. Once a person becomes consistent they keep increasing the amount so from 500 to a 1000 then to 1500 so on and so forth. Until they reach a certain threshold.

The thing is if a person has made a commitment to recite a certain amount. They need to stick to it. If they miss the daily amount due to some unforeseen circumstances or a busy schedule. Then they would need to make up for it next day.

For example if your daily amount is 1000 and you have been unable to do it on one of the days. Then the following day you would make up for that day by adding it to your schedule and reciting 2000.

The problem with this is say you miss an entire week then you have 7000 to make up. Then it becomes harder. Many people slowly give up. Because they keep missing days.

So it would be far easier to recite abundantly throughout the day without keeping count. With a minimum commitment of say 100.

Ultimately the quality is more important then quantity. Also if you are making Istighfar throughout the day, make dua every now and then concerning whatever is troubling you or difficulties you are facing in life.

You can also make intention for a specific purpose, at the beggining of the day. Or even multiple intentions for whatever obstacles you are facing in life.

With intention it could be something like this.."Ya Allah I seek your forgiveness for each and everything that is preventing me from getting married." "Ya Allah forgive me have mercy upon me and help me pass my exams". "Ya Allah forgive me and relieve me of my debts." Ya Allah forgive me and grant me steadfastness in my Salah." Ya Allah forgive me and grant me halal and tayab income."

Other recommendations I have come across. Is if you are making intention for something specific then also include your family members (Generally speaking you should always include your parents and seek forgiveness for them.)

But as far as specific intentions goe...say for example if you're making intention from relief from financial difficulties that you are facing . Then include others in your intention , make intention for yourself, your relatives and friends and neighbours who are going through financial difficulties. And general intention for every single person in the ummah in every corner of the world who is going through the same difficulty.

I heard one of the Mashaykh mention, about being generous in our intentions and our duas. And always including others when asking for the fulfillment our needs or removal of our difficulties. ALLAH is Generous and loves generosity.

I hope that explains everything comprehensively.....So just to recap do what Brother Abu Muhammad said and recite abundantly without keeping count.

As Mufti Menk mentions when it cimes to results, put your trust in Allah, and keep reciting. Sometimes you will see results quickly others may take years. But Allah will grant you what us best fir you and when its best for you...or something better in place you have asked for, dont grow despondent, and never lose hope in the forgiveness or mercy of Allah.

I hope the above is of benefit and May Allah also give me tawfiq to act on everything I posted here.
+1 -0Ameen x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 29th August 2019 22:19
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Yes inshaAllah jazakAllah khair brother

I read somewhere Muhammad s.a.w would make 100 times or 70 times daily.
Allah knows best.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 29th August 2019 22:23
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

JazakAllah khair brother for this much guidance. May Allah helps you in your time of difficulties. Ameen
+0 -0Ameen x 2