Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Can someone bring you good fortune with their glance?

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 20th August 2019 17:13
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

That can be understood, but when it comes to the effects of tawajjuh as mentioned in stories of Sufis, the effects go beyond what yoy have mentioned.

From Mashaik of Chist:
Quote:

The episode ofHadhrat Khwajah Baqi Billah in this regard is famous. HadhratShah Abdul Aziz has narrated that once several guests were by Hadhrat BaqiBillah. But there was nothing by way of food in his home. With this concern hecame out of the house. Nearby was a bakery. When the baker learnt of the arrivalof the guests he presented some elaborately prepared food. Out of sheer elation,Hadhrat said to the baker: “Ask whatever you wish for.” The baker replied: “Makeme like you.” Hadhrat replied: “You will not be ableto bear it.” But, the bakerinsisted that he be made like Hadhrat. After refusing several times, the adamanceof the baker finally prevailed. Hadhrat took the baker into his room and castTawajjuh Ittihaadi on him. When they emerged from the room, the Tawajjuh hadpermeated even his external appearance. The baker’s appearance was identical tothat of Hadhrat. However, the difference was Hadhrat’s consciousness andalertness while the baker was in a state of semi-consciousness. On the third daywhile in thisstate of semi-consciousness, the baker died. May Allah’s mercy be onhim.It was this type of Tawajjuh Ittihaadi which Jibraeel (alayhis salaam) cast onRasulullah () with his embrace. However, Rasulullah () was already spiritually fortified, hence he had the ability to absorbthe Tawajjuh of Jibraeel (alayhis salaam). Nevertheless, the Angel’s repeatedembrace made him feverish. On reaching home he exclaimed to Hadhrat Khadijah:“Wrap me up! Wrap me up!” After regaining his composure, he narrated to her hisexperience in the Cave. He added that he feared for his life. Hadhrat Khadijah,having heard of such occurrences from her brother, Warqah Bin Naufal, wasexpecting some supernatural enactment in regard to Muhammad (). She, therefore, consoled him, saying: “You are kind to children. You aremerciful to widows. You always speak the truth. You have always defended thetruth. Everyone is aware of your sterling qualities and high moral character. Yourhospitality, concern for the poor and patriotism will show good results. Therefore,fear not.”
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 20th August 2019 17:17
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

That's what I am saying. Trying to equate angelic eye with changing of taqdeer is basically an attempt to seek logic behind angelic eye.
If some knowledgeable person were to tell me that in the experience of some auliyah Allah angelic eye affects a person just as evil eye would, I'd accept this without seeking the why and how of it. Because I don't see it as changing of taqdeer.
If however, that person were to tell me to do such and such amal to achieve the benefits of angelic eye, then I would be forced to inquire about the source of such a ruling. Because our prescribed aamaal are from the Shariah itself. Like reciting the quls for prevention of evil eye. That is derived directly from the Hadith and Sunnah, not the experience of some wali.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 20th August 2019 17:56
I appreciate I gave the OP the title and that I came up with the term "Angelic Eye"

But let us please understand the title again:

Can someone bring you good fortune with their glance?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 20th August 2019 18:29
That's the same as asking "Can someone bring you bad fortune with their glance?"

And we know the answer to that.

Exactly the same principle applies to this case too.
+0 -0Optimistic x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 20th August 2019 18:37
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

The same principle cannot be applied without evidence!
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 20th August 2019 18:46
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

There are two different issues :

1) Does ‘good glance’ exist like evil eye exist ? YES, it does.

2) Can both or either of them change taqdeer ?

Both evil eye or good glance can NOT change taqdeer. They can be ‘part of taqdeer’ itself, that such and such thing would happen resulting in such and such events...

Both of these can not affect anyone positively or negatively unless Allah swt has written it in our taqdeer :

قُل لَّن يُصِيبَنَا إِلَّا مَا كَتَبَ اللَّهُ لَنَا هُوَ مَوْلَانَا ۚ وَعَلَى اللَّهِ فَلْيَتَوَكَّلِ الْمُؤْمِنُونَ
(Say: "Nothing will happen to us except what Allah has decreed for us: He is our protector": and on Allah let the Believers put their trust.)

So that point is clear to all of us, further confirmed by :

مَا أَصَابَ مِن مُّصِيبَةٍ فِي الْأَرْضِ وَلَا فِي أَنفُسِكُمْ إِلَّا فِي كِتَابٍ مِّن قَبْلِ أَن نَّبْرَأَهَا ۚ إِنَّ ذَٰلِكَ عَلَى اللَّهِ يَسِيرٌ ‘ لِّكَيْلَا تَأْسَوْا عَلَىٰ مَا فَاتَكُمْ وَلَا تَفْرَحُوا بِمَا آتَاكُمْ ۗ وَاللَّهُ لَا يُحِبُّ كُلَّ مُخْتَالٍ فَخُورٍ
(No disaster strikes upon the earth or among yourselves except that it is in a register before We bring it into being – indeed that, for Allah, is easy –)

So as for the question of taqdeer being changed directly by evil eye or angelic eye, it is settled that it can not happen.

As for myself, I am only discussing the mechanism of both out of pure academic curiosity, otherwise no further discussion is actually needed.The point is settled already by Quran, and who can open his mouth about the matter after clear statements by Quran ?

It is up to Allah swt to decide how He swt implements his taqdeer. Technically both evil eye and tawajjo are correct, both can happen by the will of Allah swt and both can have their effects IF Allah swt wants it, otherwise not....
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 20th August 2019 19:00
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

And what would the evidence be in this case?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 20th August 2019 19:13
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

The same type of evidence we use for the evil eye.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 25th August 2019 19:39
eastmidlands wrote:
View original post

Wa Alaikum Assalam w.w.

infact have a folder of articles for translations.. but barakah in time is not the same as before..

May be my sins.. or evil eye..

For sins i should continue istighfar.. for evil eye.. may be u all should recite 3 Quls and blow on my user id.. :-)

duas..

wa Assalam..

+2 -0Creative x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 25th August 2019 21:14
dr76 wrote:
View original post

Alhamdulillah, your advice has been followed.

I'm now awaiting a massive flow of translatory works which will act as a sadaqah jariyah for you :)
+0 -0Optimistic x 2