Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Can someone bring you good fortune with their glance?

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abuzayd2k
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 19th August 2019 20:20
ALIF wrote:
View original post

Thanks for explaining.

I think i did get some of what you have said if not all.

You all’re diving in a ocean. While i am dragged to seashore, going around with lots of hopes inshaAllah
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 19th August 2019 21:37
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

السلام عليكم

Allamah Iqbal رحمة الله عليه was definitely right when he said that.. even in literal sense of Angelic eye which Sir 'Alif' has rightly explained in a nutshell, and the best Example of which is by Angel Hazrat Jibreel عليهم السلام himself.. ( The incident at the cave) which Hazrat Shah Abdul Aziz Muhaddith Dehlawi رحمة الله عليه further delves into explaining the Kinds of such Tawajjuh , as quoted by Shaikh ul Hadith Hazrat Maulana Zakariyya sahab رحمة الله عليه in Tareekh Mashaikh Chisht

Nigahe marde Mu'min se badal jaati hai Taqdeeren..

Destinies change by the glance of Believing Men..

The summary of such statements are beautifully explained by our Mashaikh..

Like a similar couplet by Hazrat Maulana Jalaluddin Rumi رحمة الله عليه which was explained By Hazrat Thanwi رحمة الله عليه Here.

wa Assalam..
+3 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 20th August 2019 12:08
[QUOTE:130058:dr76

As salamu alaykum dr sab,

It's been a long time since you have started a thread.

I miss reading your translations of the work of our akabireen.

Would it be possible for you to do this?
+2 -0Like x 1Agree x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 20th August 2019 13:32
dr76 wrote:
View original post

Assalamu alaikum

I think I could not explain myself properly in my previous post. My bad.

I agree with Brother Alif and I believe that the glance of true Awliya-ullah does have an impact and it can tranform the whole life of an individual and that's what Allama Iqbal is saying in his couplet. What I was trying to say in my previous post is that Iqbal has used the word "Taqdeer" as a metaphor here because taqdeer in the Shara'i sense means the preordained path of a person's life which is decreed by Allah. And I think Abu Mohammed was taking it in that sense when he said only dua can change taqdeer.

Hope that I'm making sense.
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 20th August 2019 13:50
Quote:
I agree with Brother Alif and I believe that the glance of true Awliya-ullah does have an impact and it can transform the whole life of an individual

This is where I'm confused.

The Prophet (saw) could've done this to many people, yet He (saw) didn't (in my little knowledge) and if there are no narrations of the sort, it is difficult to understand/accept.

In stead, he would make Dua for them.

By one saying that person A smiled at person B and person B benefitted from this is in terms of goodness coming to person B, then I'm lost :)

This is not my topic of understanding and therefore I'll smile away from the thread ;)

Actually, in my experiance, when I smile at people, it has left a positive impact on them and created a liking for me - but not changed anything else :) That's just down to my nature I guess!

Then again, I'm no saint or Wali of Allah although we'd all want to be one.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 20th August 2019 14:40
Quote:
The Prophet (saw) could've done this to many people, yet He (saw) didn't (in my little knowledge) and if there are no narrations of the sort, it is difficult to understand/accept.

That's because Allah ta'ala himself has told his Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم:

Allah has set a seal upon their hearts and upon their hearing, and over their vision is a veil. (2:7)

And when you recite the Qur'an, We put between you and those who do not believe in the Hereafter a concealed partition. And We have placed over their hearts coverings, lest they understand it, and in their ears deafness. And when you mention your Lord alone in the Qur'an, they turn back in aversion. (17:45-46)

Have you seen he who has taken as his god his [own] desire, and Allah has sent him astray due to knowledge and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart and put over his vision a veil? So who will guide him after Allah ? Then will you not be reminded? (45:23)
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 20th August 2019 14:55
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Jzk, I was refering to his his Sahaba رضي الله عنهم
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 20th August 2019 14:59
Edit: I take it back since I do not remember the incident properly.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 20th August 2019 15:01
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

You are right, the prophet pbuh did not do it, or at least I don’t know about any such incident, though there are some instances of ‘not exactly the same’ but ‘similar’ incidents, like the prophet pbuh moving his blessed hand across the chest of a sahabi who was suffering from extreme wasawis, and curing him. I read it somewhere in ahadeeth regarding different pronunciations of Quran.

But then, nobody is claiming that tawajjo by itself changes taqdeer, like dua it may be ‘predestined’ to work or it may simply bring positive changes in the personality structure of the recipient, bringing him closer to Allah swt, and thereby turning him into ‘Mutajab ud dawat’ where his duas are accepted. Is it not possible ?

Alright, what if we replace the word ‘tawajjo‘ with the word ‘faith’ or ‘Yaqeen’ ? We can all agree that the faith of sahaba created miracles for them.... and ‘faith’ is nothing but a consolidated thought.

Why should it be so difficult for us to believe ?

But I also ‘smile away’...hopefully my final post on this thread :)
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 20th August 2019 15:16
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

ALIF wrote:
View original post

I would'nt say that they are even remotely similar.

Miracles of the Prophet is one thing, Guidance from Allah is one thing. But to cause a reaction by a glance (as in Evil Eye) is totally different.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 20th August 2019 15:26
When was this concept first spoken about in the way latter sufis speak about it?

When was the term tawajjuh first used in this sense?

From Mashaikh of Chist:

Quote:
The commentators have tendered a variety of reasons for the Angel’s embrace.However,in his Tafseer, Hadhrat Shah Abdul Aziz presents a subtle interpretation.He says that the purpose of the embrace was to transfer angelic ability and power to Rasulullah (). Regarding such transference of spiritual andcelestial energy and ability, known to the Masha-ikh as Tawajjuh, there are fourkinds:

1. In’iqaasi (Reflectory): An example of this kind of Tawajjuh is that of a personwho has applied an abundance of perfume. He transfers his fragrance to thegathering in which he happens to be. However, the effect of the fragrance willremain as long as he is present in the gathering. This is, therefore, the weakestform of Tawajjuh.

2. Ilqaa-i (Inspirational): Its example is like a person preparing a lamp for lighting.He cleans the lamp, fills the oil and lights it. This type has greater efficacy than hefirst kind. The effect remains even after the departure of the one who effected theTawajjuh. However, a slight impediment terminates it.

3. Islaahi (Reformatory): This is like a huge mass of water having accumulated in aplace and a pathway is dug for the water. The flow of the water along its coursewill wash away slight obstacles. But if the course is blocked off at some place theflow of the water down its course will be blocked. This type is stronger than thefirst two kinds.

4. Ittihaadi (Unification): In this type of Tawajjuh, the Shaikh diffuses his rooh intothe rooh of the mureed to such a degree that both souls are united into a singlesoul. It is quite obvious that this form of Tawajjuh is the strongest. As a result ofthe unification of the two souls, the mureed is not in need of repeatedly seeking ritual gain. The Sufiyaa regard this form of Tawajjuh to be of great importancealthough its incidence is rare.
+3 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 20th August 2019 15:39
I like metaphors becausethey help me understand.

Point 4 is beyond me and many others.

It is probably something unheard of in the first 3 generations of Islam and therefore, not something I need to get into. If it's Alien to us, we should leave it

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 20th August 2019 15:57
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Actually it is not the exact opposite of evil eye and it is not magic either.

We all believe that there is barakah in the company of Auliya-ullah, right? It is because of this noor and barakah that Allah ta'ala has commanded us to stay in their company. Allah ta'ala has put effect in their words and even in their glance because of the noor that is in their hearts. And since the eyes are the windows to the soul, it creates an impact on the heart. Is that easy to understand?
+2 -0Like x 2Optimistic x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 20th August 2019 16:32
What I don't understand is why are we linking the concept of tawaajjo or angelic eye with a changing of taqdeer? I mean, we are all accepting of evil eye as being true. No one argues about how that is also changing of taqdeer in a negative way, so why are we doing this with angelic eye? My point is if it's easy to accept evil eye then it should be similarly easy to accept angelic eye as a way of the workings of the Universe. There really should be no attempt to delve into the spirituality of it.

The only argument against angelic eye is that we don't have any hadith to refer to, whereas with evil eye we do. That's it.

As far as experiences and observations of auliyah Allah go, they are just that: personal experiences. No one derives Sharaee rulings from those.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 20th August 2019 16:58
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

Deen isn't about logic, otherwise we would make Masah on the sole of leather socks not the top. We go by evidence and Shari' rulings.
No post ratings