Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Abu Mus`ab
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 17th August 2019 06:47
Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah

Does anyone here know about Mufti Ubaidullah Ebrahim or anything about Madrasah Rasheediyah? I know that he is a Hanafi Aalim but I've never heard the names of his teachers given on this link.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 9th September 2019 15:37
Wa `Alaykumus Salaamu Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatuhu.

Well it would be rather difficult for anyone to answer that question unless they're from Port Elizabeth.

Anyhow, there's only a handful of names mentioned, so let's go through them briefly.

Moulana Hussein Muhammad: A Malawian Aalim who studied and qualified in Pakistan, amongst his teachers is Mufti Rafi Uthmani.

Moulana Muhammad Shafee Moosa: An Aalim from Kashmir, who taught Hifdh for most of his life.

Hafiz Adnan Ebrahim: Born in Port Elizabeth, had studied the Aalim course partially, did his Hifdh under Mufti Siraj Desai, and has been teaching Hifdh for many years.

Moulana Nazeem Moosagie: Born in Port Elizabeth, had begun his Aalim course under Mufti Siraj Desai, and has been been engaged in teaching Hifdh and the aalim course for many years.

Hafiz Hassen Desai: From Port Elizabeth, had done his Hifdh under Moulana Hussein Muhammad.

Moulana Arif Khan: From Sarghoda, he had qualified under Mufti Abdul Wahid, and has taught the Aalim course for many years.

Moulana Yusuf Bemath: Born in Port Elizabeth, did his Hifdh under Mufti Siraj Desai and his Aalim course in Darul Uloom Zakariyya (known as Zakariyya Park), he has been teaching Maktab, Hifdh and the Aalim course for a number of years.

Moulana Farouk Dyanopu: A local South African born Aalim that has been involved in da`wah and teaching Maktab for many years.

Shaykh Abdul Azeez Al-Hilowle: A Shaafi`i Aalim from Somalia who had moved temporarily to South Africa and taught Hadeeth for a while before returning home.

+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 9th September 2019 16:26
Abu Mus`ab wrote:
View original post

JazakAllahu khaira Shaykh
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 9th September 2019 16:27
Had no idea Mufti Sahab will register himself to answer my question!!
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 20th September 2019 15:34
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Wa Anti Fa Jazaakillaahu Khayra.

Truth be told, I was actually a member here more than a decade ago, but I just couldn't remember my login details.

I also felt it was rather rude of me to have seen your post and not respond despite having the ability to do so.

+2 -0Like x 2