You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Yasin
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#136 [Permalink] Posted on 24th September 2021 07:26
Oriya Maqbool Jan shreds the Inclusive Government argument into pieces.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#137 [Permalink] Posted on 25th September 2021 03:52
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Summary of speech:

Nineteen years ago, I had said a prayer in front of General Musharraf that Allah Taala show us the day when America leaves Afghanistan defeated. Allah Taala accepts the prayers of the sincere.

The Shab Abi Talib (economic boycott) period of the Taliban has now begun. There is no one in the world ready to provide economic respite to the Taliban government. The people who are calling on the Taliban to form an inclusive government can never form an inclusive government in their own lands. Imran Khan will never form an inclusive government with PML. Biden will never form an inclusive government with Trump. Modi will never form an inclusive government with Rahul Gandhi. Yet these hypocrites are demanding the Taliban form an inclusive government.

The Taliban are still under attack, and they know how to survive with limited means. I am confident they will come out victorious in this struggle as well. Those who say that the Taliban are not fighting for Islam are mistaken. Those who say that victory cannot be achieved without unity are mistaken. There were only 40 people who had initially offered allegiance to Mullah Umar RA when all of Afghanistan stood divided on tribal lines. Those 40 succeeded in capturing all of Afghanistan within two years. This was because they were sincere (mukhlis).

The Taliban in their five year rule established peace and security in Afghanistan for the first time in 1000 years. There had never been such comprehensive peace and security under previous rulers. I had traveled all over Afghanistan during their rule. There were maybe a handful of Taliban soldiers in every city, but there was such a sense of security that people left their shops open to go attend congregational prayers.

When America attacked the Taliban, people ridiculed anyone who said the Taliban would be victorious. The boycott of Shab Abi Talib entailed economic and political isolation. This is what the Taliban are being subjected to today.

The Taliban government in 2001 had no external debt to any nation. Even without any foreign aid, there were no starvation deaths in Afghanistan. The Taliban ruled the hearts of the people.

Today people say we should have appropriate weapons and technology before we take on our enemies. Why is the Battle of Badr not an example to emulate? The Sahaba had a handful of horses and swords, but they rose to take on a well trained and well equipped force much larger than them. The Companions later took on the might of the two superpowers of the time and were victorious.

No government has ever been formed without the use of force. Even democratic governments have come to power after much bloodshed. To say that we do not recognize the Taliban because they captured Afghanistan through the use of force is hypocrisy.

Previous great wars have always been between equals. The First and Second World War were between equals. The Vietnam War was between the US on one side and China and Russia on the other. The war in Afghanistan is unique in that all the world powers were united on one side against the Taliban and no one came to their rescue. Pakistan itself was used as a base to launch 51,000 sorties that bombed our fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, sons and daughters in Afghanistan. On what basis was Pakistan justified in allowing this? Pakistan arrested 600 tahajjud praying Muslims and sent them to Guantanamo Bay at America's behest. After all this, how is it that Pakistan calls itself a sympathizer of the Taliban?

Pakistani Army generals told me that the first mujahideen war against Russia was won because of the CIA and ISI supplying US weaponry. I challenged them that if the power of the ISI and CIA took on the Taliban, the Taliban would still resist them.

Pakistan is most definitely not a sympathizer of the Taliban. If Pakistan had been established for the sake of Islam, then Pakistan would have been the first nation on the planet that would have granted political recognition to the Taliban government, instead of echoing the US demands on the Taliban for inclusive government. How many people in Pakistan today are out on the streets demanding the government to recognize the Taliban? How many are volunteering to go to Afghanistan to offer help and support to the orphans, widows, and destitute of Afghanistan?

I have been raising my voice to demand that the international Muslim community set up an Afghanistan relief fund to overcome the economic sanctions on the Taliban. Those who are blowing away billions of petrodollars on sinning in Europe and Bangkok are usurping the wealth of the Muslim Ummah.

We have never learned to be reliant on Allah Taala's favors. Those who learned this tawakkul were only 40 and they stood to take on the warlords to establish peace in Afghanistan and enforce the Shariah. We have these modern examples of tawakkul before us, yet we do not learn from them.

What happened when Algeria democratically elected an Islamist government? The French attacked and killed 1.9 million people because the Muslims of Algeria chose an Islamist government. The Quran tells the Prophet PBUH that if he were to follow the opinion of the majority of the people, they would certainly lead him astray. The majority are today leading us astray with their calls for democracy and inclusive governments.

There was a democratically elected government in Egypt led by President Morsi. Did the West accept them because they were democratically elected? There was a democratically elected government in Iraq. The US still attacked Iraq and killed 2.1 million Muslims.

We have to make a decision today. It is not my duty to establish the rule of Islam. It is my duty to strive in the cause of establishing the rule of Islam. Victory and defeat lies with Allah Taala alone. We have been turned into cowards with our insistence on not acting until we have acquired adequate means. How long are we going to hide behind the veil of "maslihat"? Even Erdogan is not committed to establishing the rule of Islam in Turkey.

We can choose to stay put and not do anything here in Pakistan. One day we will also meet our Maker. He will ask us what we did when Islam was under attack right next door in Afghanistan. What answer do we have for this?
+5 -0Like x 2Winner x 3
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#138 [Permalink] Posted on 25th September 2021 05:39
sharjan8643 wrote:
View original post

Jazakallah ya akhi for the translation transcript. It takes effort and I appreciate and love it.
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 3
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#139 [Permalink] Posted on 6th October 2021 15:34
What should Taliban do now?

Who am I to tell them? And that is my final answer. This answer will remain the same even if the question comes from Taliban.

The logic is simple. There have been at least three different responses to western colonization of Islamic, Muslim lands.

Deoband, Aligarh and Jamaluddin Afghani.

I shall not be discussing the matters of definition.

I shall include Ikhwan, Jama-at-e-Islami as well as Salafi reaction to western colonialism in the last category.

I was reading Wikipedia page on Shaikh Abdullah Azzam and I realized that G!h@d was already going on in those places when he arrived at the scene.

It means he can not be the originating force but driving force only during the period of his influence.

My impression is that Al Qaida has Ikhwani influence and ISIS Salafi. I do not know about the character of the Mujahideen operating before Taliban's advent.

In view of this background it is clear that I can not have any perspective on any other view apart from the Aligarh movement.

I have my respect for all the sacrifices that Taliban have made.

In fact I can not have hatred even for ISIS because by their recent attacks in Afghanistan they have made clear to the world that they are different from Taliban.

And anyway those who want us Muslims to hate Taliban have to answer a few questions. Even now these question are difficult for us to ask.

Who nurtured or used and helped the Mujahideen to drive out the USSR from Afghanistan? The US. Clearly from the US perspective, the western perspective the Mujahideen were good people.

I am sure they must have demanded a good deal for themselves and that is why the US drove them out into oblivion using Taliban.

Clearly Taliban can not be the bad guys around.

And then the Taliban did not hand over OBL to the US and became the bad guys.

And after 20 years and 240000 Afghan deaths, 47000 Taliban deaths and a few thousand US soldiers dead the Taliban were good enough to negotiate with.

And then the US deal for the rest of the world, including the Muslim world, is that we should consider Taliban bad boys.

The Muslim world has to work to reject this dictatorial proposition of the US.

That is where the Aligarh response becomes relevant. Sadly sitting in India it is still very risky to opine on that.

But in some sense Aligarh has a voice at large and that is Pakistan. What Pakistan should do is indeed what I can mull on that.

And Pakistan has the responsibility to take into account the other views. The Taliban view and the Jamaluddin Afghani view.
The Egypt view, the Turkish view and the Malaysian views can be combined with the Jamaluddin Afghani or the Ikhwani, Jama-at-e-Islami view.

There is one more possible view - the Central Asian Republics view. To the best of my knowledge there is no such view in existence at the moment but we can expect it to be different from Aligarh, Deoband, Ikhwani views.

The upshot of this analysis is that whatever I have been analysing will be useful only for the Muslims of the sub-continent but it can be co-ordinated with Ikhwani, Taliban and Central Asian Republics views.

We Muslims of India at the moment are in deep soup because of the Saffronites and hence it is pointless to talk of Indian Muslim leadership of Muslim world.

Whatever I am analysing is relevant for Indian and Pakistani Muslims. For all the effort I have put in I still can not align myself with the Bangladesh Muslims. My failing but I intend to try harder.

Late Dr Israr Ahmed thought that he will educate the Muslims of India and Pakistan and then a revolution will arise from within. He expired more than a decade ago and the revolution is not even at the horizon. I am not hinting that he was a failure. In my view he has been our best educator, even better than Allama Iqbal. Allama's forte were two - motivation and creation of autonomous Muslim region in India. Dr Israr Ahmed educated us on our worldly problems.

I am trying to figure out what Muslims of India can do and what Muslims of Pakistan can do.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#140 [Permalink] Posted on 6th October 2021 17:00
Taliban Isolation

I expected that the western world will try to isolate Taliban if they came to power.

That is what is happening.

Oriya Maqbool Jan presentation.

I have seen the similar attitude of Muslims in case of Maulana Kaleem Siddiqui Sahab once the Saffron UP government went after him.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#141 [Permalink] Posted on 7th October 2021 03:20
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Professor Sahab, this has been the sunnah of Allah Taala from the beginning. When one proclaims tawakkul, Allah Taala tests them by removing all sources of material support from them. If they remain steadfast at this stage, they are granted great victory and honor.

Professor Sahab, even today, here in India, anyone of us who takes that leap of faith and stands up, relying solely on Allah Taala, are tested severely. Everyone is going to turn against that person, even their family, friends, and relatives. It is a trial by fire that anyone who wishes to please their Creator has to pass through.

When I was first exposed to the work of the Tablighi jamat, I thought that this work most closely resembled the work of the sahaba in mujahida, and this certainly is true in pockets. But, when I interacted with people working with Maulana Kaleem Siddiqui and heard their stories, I realized that the work they were doing required tawakkul and sacrifice at a much higher level, and mujahida was much more prevalent.

People of tabligh living in Barelvi majority areas faced ostracism and physical punishment, but dayees of Maulana Kaleem Sahab faced the entire might of the saffron brigade right from the top levels of government to the common street thugs. Their mujahida was so severe that senior tablighi elders in our area distanced themselves from Maulana and his work because they feared repercussions from the state.

The path of tawakkul is lonely, and the rewards are unimaginable.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#142 [Permalink] Posted on 24th October 2021 09:40
The Long Struggle Ahead

Struggle of beloved Rasoolallah SAW was 23 years long. 13 years of preparation and a decade of actual fighting. A Shia scholar once said in the main auditorium of our university that these ten years of Rasoolallah SAW involved about 86 small and big battles. That averages to a battle in one and half a month.

More than fourteen centuries after Rasoolallah SAW the duration of the conflicts has changed greatly. The battle of Taliban with the US lasted two decades.

And the character of battles too has changed. We live in democratic era where diplomacy decides many a resolution of conflicts.

What is the shape of Muslim Ummah's struggle now?

These are the issues that I have been trying to figure out.

And I shall not be able to talk at all about the possible armed struggles. I am sorry to say that but that is how the things are.

But these issues are so important that these should not be ignored. Any action or even inaction on our part have implications for future.

I realized, after beginning this journey, that someone has to figure out the contours of the future of Muslims in India and Muslim world as a whole.

That is the task I had taken on myself and I have been trying very to sort out the things.

I am thankful to all brothers and sisters who have supported me in this extremely difficult journey.

Because of my personal problems I ended up in the company of my Shaikh DB.

These were my worldly problems that drew me to him.

After spending years I came to the conclusion that the deal in the Khanqah is that one should do one's job, bread earning, sincerely and one should pray and fast. That was about it.

This meant that Sufism has no room for the worldly problems we face.

Very few Ulama talk about it.

Even Dawah related Ulama are very few.

Indeed when I heard in a video recently that Mufti Saeed Khan Sahab would like Muslims to develop Corona medicine I was irritated. In a sense I am so used to Ulama completely ignoring the worldly problems of the Ummah.

In view of this state of affairs our respect for the Mujahideen who sacrificed their lives in the path of Islam becomes even higher.

Also I love and respect people like Mufti Tariq Masood who have courage to talk about worldly matters.

Indeed AMU should have been the place where the political issues that Muslim Ummah faces were discussed, clarified and explained to the Ummah. Khanqah-Madarsa-Jama-at focusing on theological aspects.

I have spend quarter of a century in the campus and I realise that our university has not solved the issue of political future of Islam and Muslims in India and the world.

In fact this should have been done in the faculties of humanities and social sciences.

That has not happened.

In fact Indian Muslims have not made the best of the opportunity provided by the seventy years rule of the Lib-Dem ideology.

Today Muslims of India are in a very bad shape in the sense of the environment created by the Saffron elements of the majority community. There are lynchings of Muslims in the name of Cow, Love Jihad and there is pressure for Ghar Wapasi.

How to address this situation is a burning question and that has been occupying my attention. Including the problems of the Ummah at large.

The US leaving Afghanistan in the custody of China, Russia and Pakistan, to use Shekhar Gupta's words, has given little respite to the Ummah as a whole but I do not know how long it will last.

Things in India, on the other hand, are still going from bad to worse.

Now comes the bad news. My personal issues are making serious demands on my time, energy, effort and resources therefore I again intend to ignore what I have been doing here.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#143 [Permalink] Posted on 24th October 2021 09:51
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Dear Sir, May Allah Taala reward you greatly for all the hard work you have put in to addressing these issues so far, and may Allah Taala make it easy for you to deal with the personal issues you are facing presently, and give you swift and agreeable outcomes.

We hope to see you return to your mission soon, with Allah Taala as your Helper.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#144 [Permalink] Posted on 24th October 2021 15:18
Mufti Tariq Masood Sahab on events in Afghanistan

The world thinks of the Taliban as the terrorists and no one writes articles in their support and these are the people who have defeated the US.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#145 [Permalink] Posted on 25th October 2021 05:59
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Summary:

There was once a meeting between the Taliban and the US in Qatar. The Taliban Commander spoke very rudely to his American counterpart. The Qatari mediator asked the commander to speak to the American General with due respect. The Taliban Commander answered, "The General might be honorable for you, but he is not honorable for me." The turban wearing Pathan said, "I can speak to this General in any tone I prefer. He has no choice but to listen to me and agree to my terms."

These negotiations have been going on since 2011. In the end, the US was forced to abandon its plans in Afghanistan. It asked the Taliban to allow it to retreat from Afghanistan with some semblance of dignity. After their withdrawal, the US is now trying to hide its ignominy. They are interviewing Afghans who are telling the Americans that they were better off when the US ruled over them. This is just like the case of Abhinandan. The Pakistan Air Force captured him, bathed him, clothed him, fed him, and returned him safely to India. He was then interviewed by Indian media and he said he was treated very well. The Indian media did not have the courage to say to Abhinandan that he was not sent to Pakistan to have a cup of tea.

America should drown in shame when they reflect on who they were defeated by. If they had been defeated by a country with a trained military, at least that would have saved them some face. They were defeated by a ragtag bunch of barefoot students. The Taliban had no army. They were considered terrorists by the entire world. No country wanted to come forward in their support. No intellectual wanted to write an article in their support for fear of arrest and incarceration.

The US came in and bombed the Taliban. They held elections. They installed a government. They built infrastructure. In the end, they had to leave with their tail between their legs.

Before they were forced to leave, they tried their best to bribe the Taliban commanders to come over to their side. They offered them huge sums of money and palaces in any country of their choosing. The Taliban chose to remain in Afghanistan and live in the mountains.

This is an open sign of the truth of Islam. "Islam will overcome all other religions." Islam will prevail when armies clash with armies. Islam will also prevail when challenged intellectually. The Taliban have made sacrifices and written a new chapter in history. I wish someone would produce a documentary detailing how the Taliban overcame the US, and this documentary should be shown to all the people of the world.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#146 [Permalink] Posted on 25th October 2021 06:44
sharjan8643 wrote:
View original post

Jazakallah ya akhi for the hard work of preparing the transcript.

Please conserve your energies for other tasks where I may need your expertize in more crucial circumstances.

Jazakallah.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#147 [Permalink] Posted on 10th November 2021 13:41
Salam Afghan Mothers!

For giving birth to sons and sending them in the path of Allah SWT.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#148 [Permalink] Posted on 10th November 2021 14:37
India hosts a meeting on Afghanistan without Afghanistan
+1 -0Creative x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#149 [Permalink] Posted on 11th November 2021 04:36
Maripat wrote:
View original post

The sabr and tahammul of the Taliban leadership is exemplary. The hosts are betraying astonishing delusions of grandeur, thinking of themselves as some sort of regional peacekeeper, given the insecurity faced by their own citizen minorities.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#150 [Permalink] Posted on 11th November 2021 13:43
As usual Oriya Maqbool Jan gives many bits of relevant information in the video I link below.

In 2018 Pentagon gave a strategy that now we shall say good bye to war on terror and do containment of China.
+1 -0

Jump to page: