Patience

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 10th June 2019 02:10
Salaam

I wanted to know about Patience.

1: I have read, ALLAH is with one who is Patient.

How is Allah with him? We believe Allah is everywhere and with us always. What does thar mean to say Allah is with you.

2: . Tests and tribulations comes with the will of ALLAH. And when a person face such Problems then he’s encouraged to have patience...
But ALLAH can take away the tests or the discomforts at first hand. And there wont be any need to do Sabr.

3:Will it also be counted in Sabr if you don’t get into arguments to avoid fights, or if someone slanders or say wrong things about you that u have never done.
In all alike situations one is suppose to stay silent? Or to defend oneself? Or shoud do sabr for Allah’s help and happinesses.

JazakAllah khair
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 10th June 2019 09:31
"Whoever tries to be patient, Allah will make him patient. And nobody can be given a better and greater gift than patience."
(Bukhari: Volume 2, Book 24, No. 548)

Umar ibn Al Khattab said: "Whatever hardship befalls a believing servant, Allah will make an opening for him after it, and one hardship will be overcome by two eases." (Malik Muwatta Book 21, No. 21.1.6)

Additional reading on the topic.
www.muftisays.com/forums/13-articles--stories--more/4525-...

www.muftisays.com/forums/13-articles--stories--more/4586-...

www.muftisays.com/forums/12-virtues/5161-the-virtues-of-p...

www.muftisays.com/forums/13-articles--stories--more/6940-...

www.muftisays.com/forums/27-sharing-portal/9393-patience-...
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 10th June 2019 09:49
Quote:
1: I have read, ALLAH is with one who is Patient.

How is Allah with him? We believe Allah is everywhere and with us always. What does thar mean to say Allah is with you.

Sister, we are with you too. We are with you all the way. It doesn't have to mean we "are" physically with you all the way or even near you. Allah's being with us is far more different.

Where is Allah is a whole topic on it's own. We don't believe Allah is everywhere physically with us! Yet we believe He is closer to us than our jugular vein!

This is a matter of Aqeedah and there are plenty of discussions on the forum etc.

Quote:
2: . Tests and tribulations comes with the will of ALLAH. And when a person face such Problems then he’s encouraged to have patience...
But ALLAH can take away the tests or the discomforts at first hand. And there wont be any need to do Sabr.

When at school we study hard to try and pass the exams. We have to revise and sit exams. All the teacher wants from us is the very best. so they give us work to do. Why do they then test us at the end? Why can't they just give us the answers for the exams? Or why do we have to fail?

Some students take tuition and they pay extra for it. In the end, when they pass, they understand why their teacher pushed them to the limits. All the teacher wanted was for the student to pass with high marks, not just a basic pass mark with low results. Why run for 4th place when we know 1st place is better. To be 1st, we need to put that extra effort in and be tested more than normal.

A teacher will always apply pressure on the top students so they can get the best out of them. But the teacher will not give complex issues the student is not ready to handle. For example, a child in school will be taught how to count first. Until they don't know how to count, the teacher will not ask them to learn equations.

But when the student knows how to count, add, subtract, multiply etc. they are then given more complex issues to solve. But it won't be something they cannot handle although the student may feel they cannot handle it. A little extra effort and a push in the right direction, the student can handle it - they will succeed knowing that their teacher is with them all the way (and again, the teacher is not always with them - yet the student knows that the teacer is always there to listen and assist)

InshaAllah, point 3 will be covered in the links provided. Each situation may need a different approach

Allah is with the patient one!
Silence is Golden (a great Sunnah)

+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 12th June 2019 00:25
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

JazakAllah khair brother for your kind and prompt replies. Alhamdulillah its much clear now. Thanks a lot.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 12th June 2019 00:28
And I am going thro, the attached links. If i didn’t get anything there i will get back to you. Thanks
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 12th June 2019 10:35
Following is something I learnt and found very beneficial from Ustadhah S Ahmed in the explanation of the verse
إِنَّ اللّهَ مَعَ الصَّابِرِينَ (2:153)

When Allah ta’ala says, “Innallaah ma’as saabireen,” the translation is “Allah is with those who are patient” but what is the feeling behind it?

It is knowing that Allah ta’ala is WITH you like a child who wakes up with a cry in the middle of the night and is immediately comforted and feels safe when the mother says “I’m here, I’m with you.” The child's body relaxes and he goes back to sleep knowing his mother is with him and he is not alone.

Similarly when something happens to you, you will feel safe and remain patient knowing that Allah ta’ala is with you.
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 12th June 2019 23:51
ummi taalib wrote:
View original post

Thaaaank u soo much dear sister. I so loved this Explanation. JazakAllah khair
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 16th June 2019 02:06
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

JazakAllah khair brother I have ben thro these links contents and have got it clear.

Could u plz tell Explain me one thing more. In some post (i forgot) you have mentioned about saying “inna lillahe wa inna eleh rajoon, Allahuma ajurni fe musebate....” that dua till end.

1- I wanted to ask, if that could be recited on something that befalls you from ALLAH side? Or you can say it when the museeba is due to your own mistakes?

Like when u get sick, this sickness is from Allah. But when you’re suffered because of your wrong decision or because of your wrong act, you face the problem. You get upset. Can we say this dua at that time too?

2- if you do sabr on very small matters. Would that be counted as sabr, or that wont be counted?

3- People takes you for granted when you do Sabr, they think you’re coward or dont have the guts to say anything etc
Do we have to prove ourselves at times and misbehave so that others can get We do know how to respond? Or still you have to do Sabr?

Thank you so much for any help
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 16th June 2019 11:18
Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

1. Make the Dua's at all times. If the Dua is not fulfilled, it will be added to your account of good deeds.

How do you know when you are inflicted with something, it is because of a certain action of yours?

Some actions of ours will be taken care of (i.e. punishment) much later in life, who knows?

However, when you know you have wronged, cover it up with a good deed.

2. If you feel a tiny amount of Sabr is not counted, you are not understanding the greatness of Allah! A small amount of pain will be accounted for in the courts of Allah.

3. Let them take you for granted. What have you got to lose? What you don't see is what you are being granted by Allah.

There was once a companion of the Prophet (saw) who was being verbally taunted by another. This companion remained silent and so did the Prophet (saw)

Eventually, the companion could no longer bear it, so he responded. When he responded, the Prophet (saw) got up and walked away.

Upon seeing this, the companion felt upset at this action. He felt the Prophet (saw) allowed him to be taunted but as soon as he became defensive, He (saw) walked away.

Upon enquiring, he was told that the angels were there responding on his behalf. As soon as he started to respond, the angels left and so did the Prophet (saw)

This story is posted as a Hadith on the forum, InshaAllah, someone may come across it and post the correct wordings (unless you already came across it)

Hope that helps
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2019 00:21
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

JazakAllah khair brother. Alhamdulillah its clear now.

No post ratings