You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
sipraomer, Yasin
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2019 03:43
How words play role in construction and destruction of a person. I reached out someone online earlier before this forum and i got reply that “ get hold of the Evils (or the Self) in you before it get hold over you” something like that
I was left too scared one cant imagine. Thats how i started taking myself as overall negative person. Alhamdulillah i feel too good after having discussed here. But i have still this confusion i thought to ask here may be it gets resolved.

After that reply i strongly feel, Like you fill a cup with 10% water and 90% sand. The cup has sand in dominancy. I some time feel that Like my Nafs is now all evil, and good self is so weak. I will go for Evil deeds no matter how much i want to stop. Especially in critical situations or times, As my body is in hold of Evil self. Changing evil into good will take time. What if death approaches me in this situation i am not ready for it and for question n answers later on. As i am forcing myself almost by the will of ALLAH Alone.

I watched a lecture by dr Israr Ahmad. He said abt the degradation of Self (something i forgot the lecture title) because of persistence in wrong doings or sins, you start hating good, then u get revengeful “baghawat” you want to do haram acts and you feel too good abt it...

I get scared at times, (but I Trust ALLAH) when i am saying Salah i feel thats just timely n u get back soon to the darkness God Forbid or many many thoughts like that. Even sometime i get Mixed feelings that when i am going to say Astaghfar i feel like “dont say it” someone inside me says that or laughs at me. Or say this is drama God forbid i wont change etc my heart is filthy etc

How can I change this evil into good? I discussed it earlier in short way but i am not fully satisfied thats why thought to ask here. So i get detail answer to understand this situation. I feel like when i do something the same time urge of opposite act forces me or pushes me or like I am ACTUALLY the wrong self so i shud be doing wrong deeds.

I hope i have said things clearly for you to understand. Please dont get fed up with my posts. I get everything resolved then i inshaAllah wont trouble much here.
Thank you
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2019 07:12
The fact is that we are sitting in an ‘examination hall’,where different scenarios are presented to us and our ‘responses’ are recorded.All that record will be judged on the day of judgement,and either we will be declared successful or unsuccessful,both ways there will be consequences.If we pass we will go to jannat,if we fail,we will go to jahannam.

The ‘examiner’ swt is overwhelmingly in our favour,and is ready to grant us any opportunity to ‘pass’.The first thing we need to do is to believe in the existence of this ‘test’ and the ‘examiner’.

Now let us see,after completing the first step of IMAN,how everything starts flowing positively in our favour :

The basic passing score is minimal.IMAN,prayers 5 times a day,fasting once a year for one month ( and there are relaxations for the sick and for musafir),Zakat,a small amount,every year,that too on savings NOT earnings,and only for those who fall into that caregory...and finally Hajj once in life time,for those who can afford it.Is it not easy ?

If we fulfil the above requirements,we undoubtedly pass,the rest of the things are for ‘good marks’ rather than ‘passing marks’

If we commit a mistake during the exam,we are been given the choice to ‘delete’ our response and simply write there :’Sorry,i made a mistake,i will be more careful next time’...and that is accepted.

Every mistake is counted as 1
Every correct response gets from 10 to 70 marks,some times even more...

Moreover,every correct response keeps deleting the minor ‘mistakes’ automatically. (For major mistakes we must write a ‘sorry’ though...)

If we show even an ‘intention’ for correct response,we get some marks,and then when we write it down we get full marks multiplied minimum by 10.On the other hand,if we make an ‘ill intention’, we don,t get any negative marks,rather if we change our mind,we may even get some positive marks for not giving wrong answer.Still if we put it down in the paper,we get only one negative mark with a chance to delete before we ‘exit’ the examination hall.

Like in every examination,there are some ‘distractions’ from outside and from within (Shaytan and nafs) prompting us to go for negatives.We are supposed to ignore them,but if we feel weak and overwhelmed,we can anytime call upon the examiner to save us from the intruders,and we usually get immediate help,even if apparently we don,t gat prompt support,our request to the examiner is recorded,and counted as an excuse in the ‘final result’.

Only those will fail who are bent upon failing...

Shall we not be thankful ?
+2 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2019 07:24
“ get hold of the Evils (or the Self) in you before it get hold over you”

Sounds like a very cool lyric....How did this individual propose getting hold of the evils before it get hold over you?

Receiving too much advice can be more confusing than receiving no advice. Every one wants to give their opinion some advice has substance to it but other times the advice just adds to the confusion.

Especially when it sounds good but has no practical guidelines too it. Like this one.... “ get hold of the Evils (or the Self) in you before it get hold over you”

+1 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2019 07:50
This is an extract of 4 advices mentioned by Mufti Rafi Usmani (DB) That where given to him by his teacher Dr Shaykh Abdul Hai Arifi (Rah).

(4) Isti’adhah

The fourth action is isti’adhah. Isti’adhah means to seek protection. We usually recite أَعُوْذُ باللهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيْمِ (A’udhu billaahi minash shaytanir rajim) when commencing recitation of the Noble Qur’an. It means ‘I seek the protection of Allah from Satan the rejected’. This action of ours is also isti’adhah because it means: ‘O Allah! Take us into Your protection from the evil of Satan’. It is necessary to recite ‘A’udhu billaahi …’ before commencing the recitation of the Noble Qur’an. The Noble Qur’an itself has given this instruction.

Recite A’udhu billaah at the time of every fear

Life is full of calamities and happenings and we are always faced with the onslaught of the nafs (lower self) and Satan. We should, therefore, constantly seek protection from these. There are hazards and pitfalls in dealings and relationships, and at times one cannot fathom a way out, nor is there any choice. At such times the heart is strengthened by instinctively seeking the protection of Allah. So this should be developed into a habit that whenever any such thing is worrying, A’udhu billaah should be said from the depths of the heart.

Man goes through various worrying thoughts and fears from morning till evening. He does not know what is going to happen tomorrow. Will he lose his job? Will his dignity and respect be lost? Will his belongings be stolen? Will an enemy attack him? Will there be a loss suffered in business? Will he suffer from a certain sickness or sudden death? Will anything bad happen, etc? No one is free from such fears and thoughts. The means of protecting oneself from all the fears of this world and the hereafter is the powerful ‘ibadah of isti’adhah.

Whenever any worry or fear enters the heart, silently say A’udhu billaah. O Allah! I enter into Your protection. If a person does not know the Arabic words, he should say it to Allah in his own language.

The more wealthy a person is or the higher his position, his worries increase accordingly. On the other hand, a person who does not possess wealth, fame, and position, his worries will be less, proportionately.

The helplessness of a thief

A thief entered a house. He went around the entire house but found nothing. Actually, there was nothing, no utensils, clothes, or any other goods. After searching for a while he saw a person on the veranda sleeping peacefully. The thief thought to himself that I cannot leave empty-handed, I must take something, or it will become bad luck. He looked closer and saw a heap of wheat at the head-side of the sleeping person. So the thief spread his shawl to fill it with wheat. He did not as yet touch the wheat when suddenly the sleeping person turned on his side on to the thief’s shawl! Instead of taking, the thief had to give (his shawl now caught under the sleeping person)! The sleeping person was in a deep sleep and it was a winter’s night. The thief sat down and waited, thinking that when he changes sides again, he will retrieve his shawl, but the sleeping person did not change sides! The poor thief becomes befuddled, thinking that even if I do not get the wheat, at least I should retrieve my shawl! While waiting, the adhan of Fajr commences. He thought that he has to leave now. When he reaches the door he hears a voice saying: “Close the door as you leave.” The thief was angry so he said to himself: “Forget it! Someone will also come and give you a shawl to cover yourself with!” (My shawl is under you, someone else will come and place another shawl over you!)

So no one is free from fears. The higher the person, the more his worries, the lower the person the more security he enjoys. In short, at every worrying juncture say A’udhu billaah or say O Allah! I seek Your protection. If you have the fear of failure in any matter, if you fear loss or harm to wealth or life due to someone’s opposition or jealousy, if you fear that you may get involved in any type of physical or internal sin due to the evil effects of Satan and nafs, if you have the fear of being apprehended in the hereafter, if an impure desire enters the heart, then immediately recite A’udhu billaah or recite the following du’a:

اَللّٰهُمَّ لاَ مَلْجَأَ وَ لاَ مَنْجَأَ مِنْكَ إِلاَّ إِلَيْكَ
Allahumma la malja’a wa la manja’a minka illa ilayk.

This means O Allah! There is neither a place of protection nor a means of salvation but You. This difficulty is from You. Safety from this is only in Your power and control.

Cling to the robe of the archer

A buzurg asked the people about a powerful archer who never errs in his aim. The sky is his bow and all the difficulties and calamities of the universe are the arrow. Tell me, what is the way of saving yourself from him? They answered that it is not possible to save oneself from him. The buzurg then said: There is only one way, and that is to cling to the robe of the archer. So brothers! Seek the protection of Allah Most High. Whenever any fear enters the heart, immediately say: O Allah! I seek refuge in You and Your protection. He is such a benefactor that He never refuses ones who asks with sincerity.

You ask yourself if on a dark and rainy night bandits are chasing a lone child and the child is screaming save me, save me! Will you not give such a helpless and desperate child protection? Even if you are living in a shack, you will still grant him safety. After all, Allah is Rabb al-Arbab (Sustainer of all sustainers) and Arham al-Rahimin (Most Merciful of all those who show mercy). When His servant becomes agitated due to difficulties and seeks His protection, then He will definitely open the doors of protection and refuge.

Isti’adhah is such an ‘amal through which a person witnesses the greatness, sustaining quality, and mercy of Allah Most High. He receives protection, satisfaction, and contentment in his heart from Allah Most High. He receives the treasures of tawakkul (trust in Allah) and tafwidh (assigning oneself to Allah). Such people do not develop the urge to harm others. So make this ‘amal a habit that whenever a fear is perceived in the heart, then say A’udhu billaah from the depths of the heart.

When you seek the protection of Allah, you will witness that as the worries are developing, so is the Mercy of Allah opening up unique and astonishing ways of protection.

Make these four actions a habit

The result of this discussion is that there are four a’mal; shukr, sabr, istighfar and isti’adhah.

Regularly practice on all four that they become habit, gradually your whole life will come in accordance with the din, Insha’ Allah. The din and dunya will be protected, hatred will be formed for sins, and an inclination towards the performance of good deeds will be developed. The proximity unto Allah Most High will keep on increasing and one will experience a special bond with Allah Most High.

Three tenses are under protection

There are three tenses in man’s life; past, present and future. The past becomes protected through istighfar. The present becomes protected through shukr and sabr and the future through isti’adhah. When all three tenses have been protected, the whole life has been protected. The person who makes these four actions a regular practice, will Insha’ Allah always enjoy the aid and mercy of Allah.

Pass this gift to others

This gift of my murshid is invaluable, very easy, and extremely effective. I have presented this gift to you. I request you to forward this gift to your acquaintances and also to your families. By practicing on this, one will be protected from countless sins, calamities and difficulties Insha’ Allah.

Also make Isal al-Thawab (pass on thawab or reward) to my murshid ‘Aarif Billah Dr. ‘Abdul Hayy (may Allah have mercy on him), who presented us with this great gift.

May Allah Most High grant us the tawfiq to regularly practice on these four a’mal. Amin.

وَ اٰخِرُ دَعْوَانَا أَنِ الْـحَمْدُ ِللهِ رَبِّ الْعٰلَمِيْنَ ،
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2019 07:55
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2019 10:44
Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

Do you listen to music?

If you do, give it up ASAP. Even a small amount of music is enough to destroy us

Consider your Iman being the glass of water at only 10% and the sand as music. Stop the music and watch the sand filter away (That's if you listen to music)
+1 -0Agree x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd May 2019 01:32
ALIF wrote:
View original post

JazakAllah khair this is beautiful. Thank you for this much clear detailed reply.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd May 2019 01:33
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Yes you are right. I wish i had not read it at all.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd May 2019 01:46
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

No Alhamdulillah not now, couple of years back, i stopped listening to it. Big part of my day, everyday i would listen and watch movies. But Allah has kept me safe from big sins Alhamdulillah. My family being v strict otherwise. But I heared The Rights of Allah will be forgiven but not the rights of people. Why does songs effects much this much? And now i don’t listen to it. Its been few years Alhamdulillah Why not my Iman progresses faster? Like you said it will filter away. But may be i never pray Fajar prayer? :( but few in year
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd May 2019 01:56
View original post

JazakAllah khair brother i read it and i will be including these 4 amal in my daily routine inshaAllah. Thank you so much
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd May 2019 02:08
View original post

I read the link first. Thanks again. And my answer is more in the Istihada part. I will work on it now onwards inshaAllah.
Its someone told me in other post that when Allah besides you then evil cant overtake you. But I didn’t get that straight. I had those worries about the quote that I mentioned. I will develop my Trust in Allah inshaAllah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd May 2019 10:51
Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

Don't over whelm yourself. Just silence your Shaitan by telling him that "Allah is the most merciful. Who are you to laugh at me? Go get a life loser."

Stop worrying and start acting. Change will happen gradually. Keep on doing good amaal even if you think they are not affecting you. Just keep moving forward.

If you know urdu language then watch the following two short clips.

Allah aur Maan ki muhabbat mein farq - Mufti Nisar Hayat

Allah ki apne bandon pe Rehmat - Mufti Nisar Hayat
+0 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd May 2019 10:59
Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

My Advice!

Just keep on doing dhikr abundantly. Keep on reciting durood. Keep on reciting quran. (Recite from memory whatever you can even if you are not in the state of wudhu). After sometime miracles will start happening. You will feel a shine in your soul. A light which will guide you to the truth. You are a Muslimah. Don't worry. Allah is already with you. I can already sense the golden heart in you. Why you worry so much???

Why have people lost hope in Allah? How can I tell that His mercy is abundant.

By Allah! He is the most merciful. I promise. Trust me.
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd May 2019 15:52
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

JazakAllah Khair yes i will watch them later. I will do the same now and will move forward inshaAllah
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd May 2019 16:03
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Thaanks for ur kind advice i think i do azkar not in abundance but only morning and evening... thats why i am at same level. I had all that worries. Now i remind myself Hazrat Umar r.a Before Islam He too had no good deeds rather He was on way with bad intentions and his heart changed. If i have no good deeds i too can get hold of my self. THE above quote in my post had made me miserable i Trust ALLAH like anything but I didn’t trust myself. I thought bad deeds could order me to do or say these things. And I would be left helpless. But now I strongly believe “how much a person has dark heart” his decisions are still in his hands and he can anytime decide to change his life right?

And inshaAllah I will keep your words about Allah’s mercy in mind and will put my Trust in Him inshaAllah. Thank you so much once again
+2 -0Like x 1Ameen x 1Winner x 1