Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Ottomans and children in the mosque

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2019 15:23
What is the authenticity of the quote in the attached photo. Even if true, surely the established opinion of fuqaha takes precedence over this quote.
IMG-20190519-WA0009.jpg
Downloads: 164
    [184.73 kB]
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2019 16:15
I take it as a metaphor.

Not only that, the size of the ottoman mosques are huge, they could easily be playing the with no distraction (or little distraction) whereas the older Masjid's were not as big and neither are many of today's mosques as huge.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2019 16:18
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

It's just infuriating to see people post this whenever a subject of children in the mosque come up, especially in Ramadan during taraweeh
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2019 16:44
Taking children to Taraweeh is going to the extreme in today's era and mosque sizes (in the UK)

But on the other hand, taking toddlers to the masjid can be very beneficial if they aren't the type that mess around.

I started taking my youngest one since he stopped wearing nappies (diapers) or even pull-ups at the age of 2.

As I knew he wouldn't wet himself or is at least clean and will not need to go for some time, I would take him with me and MashaAllah, he copies everything as he sees and pays attention. Of course there is that slip where he will get distracted, otherwise he's fine.

The only thing that bugs me is that he does rafulyadain before ruku, which I don't get as I don't think he's seen anyone else doing :) I guess he will abandon it when he comes across newer evidence as he's still only 3 years old :)
+1 -0Like x 1Optimistic x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 1st June 2019 03:18
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Quote:
The only thing that bugs me is that he does rafulyadain before ruku, which I don't get as I don't think he's seen anyone else doing :) I guess he will abandon it when he comes across newer evidence as he's still only 3 years old :)

Ask him for his daleel : )
No post ratings