Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Yasin, bint e aisha, sipraomer
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 18th May 2019 17:22
Asalaam alekom

I have read a Hadith where it was mentioned that Ehsan is when you feel ALLAH is looking at you even if not that at least you are looking at Him.

When i make dua after i say Salah or if i make shukr without salah. I close my eyes or sometimes with open eyes, alone, bring ALLAH in imagination and like Allah is looking at me. Then i ask Him. It takes some time or like i talk to Him abt things, when i am done i feel good but i feel like dense or heavy headed. If later, i had to say thanks for something and i am busy i prostrate and say thanks but i imagine quickly n i feel like my shukr is not done with heart just with words. I say shukr again but i get no feelings. Then i get off to my awaiting job and later I imagine Allah v near to me looking at me then i say shukr to Him. When i say shukr dua after meal i just count food n say for all these i make shukr. I repeat dua so it goes with sincerity.

I feel like i am wrong somewhere. How can i bring Allah in imagination as He is looking at me? Or i look at Him? We cant see we can do it in imagination? Is that how ppl do?

Tia for any help
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 18th May 2019 18:35
How is spiritual excellence attained?

Question: The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) defined spiritual excellence (ihsan) as, “To worship Allah as though you behold Him,” in the Hadith Jibril. I’ve been reflecting a lot on this, and and have found this message of beholding Allah in many other hadiths too, like the hadith in the Forty of al-Nawawi in which the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, “Take care of Allah and He’ll take care of You. Take care of Allah, and you will find Him before you…” How is this spiritual excellence reached?

Answer:

In the Name of Allah, the Benevolent, the Merciful
Spiritual excellence (ihsan) comes from a root linguistic sense of perfecting and beautifying something. The state of spiritual excellence (ihsan) is a gift from God, normally granted the one who sincerely and consistently strives to perfect and beautify their faith, submission, worship, conduct, character, and dealings, on the footsteps of the
Beloved Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him).
Spiritual excellence (ihsan) is the result of true sincerity (ikhlas), which is defined as seeking Allah Most High alone in all one’s actions, in the ways most beloved to Him.

The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Actions are by their intentions,” defining for us that the reality of actions is not in their forms but, rather, in the sincerity of intent underlying them. “And each person shall have whatever they intended,” from which the foremost of his followers realized that the best of what is sought–in every matter–is Allah Himself. This is the essence of the Prophetic concern, and the sum of the Prophet’s way.

Allah Most High tells us, “Truly you have in the Messenger of Allah the most beautiful of examples, for whoever seeks Allah and the Last Day, and makes much remembrance of Allah.” [Qur’an, 33.21] This is spiritual excellence: seek Allah in all your affairs; take the Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) as your example in all your affairs; uphold that example in the best and most beautiful of ways; and make much remembrance of Allah.

And Allah alone gives success.

Faraz Rabbani

www.SeekersGuidance.com
+2 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2019 00:34
Bismillah.

As Salaamu Alaykum.

What you are talking about is a higher level of spirituality.

The Heart needs to be attached to the remembrance of Allah at all times. Once you practice that over a period of months and years. You will become aware that Allah is watching you.

One of our senior members dr76 posted a thread on this..the good doctor has spent time in the company of the pious Mashaykh.

Have a read In Sha Allah.
www.muftisays.com/forums/27-sharing-portal/9467-wuqoof-e-...
+2 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2019 00:39
+2 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2019 00:57
Bismillah.

As far as Shukr goes which you mentioned...intially when you start practicing it daily and immerse yourself in it....it will feels mechanical you saying with your tongue but do not feel genuine gratitude in the heart. But after consistent practice over several months you will genuinely start feeling grateful.

Here is a brothers experience.

Bismillah.

Gratitude a Cure for Depression.!

For those going through difficulties I thought I would share my own personal experience and Insha’Allah it may be of some benefit.

Well it is a long story but to put in a nutshell, a few years ago I suffered from a mental breakdown, the Anti-depressants the Doctor put me on made the symptoms worse, so during those months out of desperation I started looking for Islamic solution even with my mental state I was able to identify that I had allowed my mind to be filled with thoughts of selfpity “Why me?”

Well I read a chapter on the Benefit of Shukr by Imam Ibn Alawi Haddad in his book of assistance, and so to help counteract the Depression and thoughts of selfpity and despair I made a point of trying to force myself to express perpetual shukr throughout the day. So daily I developed a routine whereby I would get up in the morning say Alhamdulillah for new day, sit up in bed say Alhamdulillah for giving me the tawfiq to sit free from pain. Walk to the Bathroom say Alhamdulillah for giving me the tawfiq to walk.

Upon Drinking glass of water Alhamdulillah for the blessings of being able to receive water through a tap, Alhamdulillah for giving me a glass to pour it in, Alhamdulillah for giving me hands to hold the glass Alhamdulillah for being able to swallow the water, Alhamdulillah, for quenching my thirst.

Essentially trying to focus my mind on Gratitude, instead of negative thoughts of selfpity and despair. Every time I had a negative thought I would immediately try to combat it by reflecting on some blessing and expressing gratitude. Even though initially my expressions of gratitude seemed a bit mechanical, and insincere. But ever so slowly I genuinely started to feel more grateful, and the depression started to dissipate.

During that time I shared this method of non-stop shukr with a couple of friends and they both found the results to be staggering, one of them set the Alarm clock on his mobile to go off after every hour. So every hour on the hour he would try and reflect on everything he did or was able to accomplish during the previous hour and express Gratitude.

Having a couple other friends do it with me helped quite a lot, we would report back to each other every week as to how we got on! and would feed of each others enthusiasm, and energy, and that helped me remain steadfast with this method of Zikr.

So the above outlined method was an essential part of my recovery during those few weeks. And it was spiritually a very powerful experience.

By Julaybib

Here is an Extract from the book of assistance on blessings of Gratitude.

On Gratitude

You must thank God for all that he has favoured you with. you have no good thing, whether outward or inward religious or worldly, but that it comes from Him.
He has said Exalted is he: Whatever good thing you have is from God.(XVI:53), Gods favours upon you are more than you can number or be aware of, let alone adequately thank Him for. If you would count the favours of God you cannot number them. (XIV:34) .

If the poor and sick among the people of monotheism reflected on God’s favours upon them they would become too intoxicated by giving thanks to feel the hardship of patient endurance. you should do as much as you can to thank your Lord and confess your total incapacity to do so adequately.

Know that thankfulness leads to the perpetuation of favours already received and to the obtaining of others that are desired. God the Exalted has said: If you give thanks, I shall surely increase you (XIV:7) He is, Exalted is He, too Generous to take away a favour from someone who is thanking him. He has said, Exalted is He: That is because God never changes a blessing he has bestowed on any people until they first change what is in themselves, ( VIII:51) that is their neglecting to give thanks………..

Imam Abdallah Ibn Alawi Al Hadad (May Allah bless him abundantly and confer His Mercy upon him)* Taken from ‘The Book of Assistance
+4 -0Winner x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2019 09:46
The sister is basically asking two things :

1) How can we ‘imagine’ Allah swt while He swt is beyond imagination.He سبحانه وتعالى does not have a ‘body’ to be brought into imagination,we can not attribute a particular ‘direction’ to Him سبحانه وتعالى,as he is beyond time and space (both time and space being His creation). We can not attribute a ‘figure’ to him,as figures and shapes are for ‘material’ things,such restrictions are signs of weakness.Allah swt is beyond any such weaknesses . How then,can we come in contact with him on a mental or spiritual level ? She apparently seek a practical way to be able to have such a personal contact with her creator.

Though the question itself speaks volumes about her high potentials,the answer is simple. We never think of the ZAT of Allah swt,we think of his SIFAT (attributes),and that too,in the light of Quran and Hadeeth.He is بصیر,so he sees us,we don’t know the ‘how’ of it.He is سمیع ,so he listens to us when we talk to him,we don't know the ‘how’ of it.He is علیم، he knows everything. So we keep these and other such attributes in mind when we call upon him.This is part of our basic Iman,and every Momin is able to do that,Alhamdolillah.

2)The second question about شکر is being adequately answered by brother Abdur Rahman,masha Allah,and we have proof from hadeeth about the method he wrote.

فان لم تبکوا فتباکوا

(During tilawat of Quran) if you dont feel like crying,then atleast make a face like crying...

The same method applies everywhere,when we don,t have patience,we can initially act like those who are patient,and gradually we find the quality of ‘sabr’ developing in our nafs.If we dont feel like grateful,initially we can only pretend gratitude,and gradually we learn it.We find words of praise in hadeeth for those fighters,who stand steadfast in a battle while their hearts tremble with fear,they are not brave but they act like brave, still they are appreciated and considered praiseworthy.

Our creator is شکور and very appreciative of whatever little effort we put to seek closeness to Him.
الحمد للہ

+5 -0Like x 1Winner x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 20th May 2019 19:13
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

JazakAllah khair for your reply. It means i am facing trouble now as its the beginning time and when sincerity is established the feelings will get set inshaAllah
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 20th May 2019 19:23
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

JazakAllah khair brother this attached post i am loving it snd reading slowly. Thank you for your help. Could you tell me please what are the actions of heart? I will quote what I read in post,

“The most difficult actions are the actions of the heart but they are also the most effective most loved and most rewarding actions with Allah.”
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 20th May 2019 19:34
View original post

Thank you for this detailed reply.
Brother i somhow shortly know how Grand is the reward of shukr or how its fruitful. I wanted to know, if i sit and say shukr with words. Will it be accepted or I don’t know i dont get satisfied that i have not said shukr in real sense. (May be after reading all these posts i feel like when the sincerity is achieved the due feelings will be achieved too)

Like if i want something, i ask with intensity, AND when i get it. I am happy and ok but i say shukr not with that intensity how i did asked for it at first place. I am supposed to be that grateful too later on.
(I don’t know if u have got me now or not.)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 20th May 2019 19:35
View original post

Thaank you for sharing.i will try to follow it too inshaAllah . JazakAllah khair
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 20th May 2019 19:41
ALIF wrote:
View original post

Yes thats what i wanted to ask. Since i am too far from Allah thats why i when ask dua or say Zikar i feel empty hearted or like that’s why i bring the feelings of nearness. I can see, you are right, all others sit take tasbeeh n do dua with no obstacles in between. But because they have clean heart. But now inshaAllah i will follow the same way and hopefully i get used to with it too inshaAllah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2019 01:44
Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

My sixth sense is telling me that the way you are yearning for Allah's nearness shows that Ma Sha Allah you already are very near to Allah. However, in order to realize your status, you have to work and have patience. Don't underestimate yourself.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2019 06:42
Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

This is called ایمان and احتساب

عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ : مَنْ صَامَ رَمَضَانَ إِيمَانًا وَاحْتِسَابًا غُفِرَ لَهُ مَا تَقَدَّمَ مِنْ ذَنْبِهِ رواه البخاري (38) ، ومسلم (760) .

“Those who fast in Ramadan with IMAN and EHTASAB , their sins in the past are forgiven”

Now,we understand two things from the above Hadeeth :

IMAN : Trust on the ‘promises’ made by Allah swt and his Rasool (pbuh)

EHTISAB : means to do it ‘sincerely’ for Allah swt, “keeping the rewards of an act promised by Allah and his Rasool in mind ”

The Hadeeth above is about fasting in Ramadan,but the rule applies every where...

When we act,with full Faith/trust on the promises made by Allah swt,and keep the rewards of that act in mind,that act is certainly accepted,irrespective of wether we have the subjective feelings along with it or not...

If we have the feelings along with it,that is an extra bonus,and makes the act more pleasant for us,but as for the acceptance of the deed is concerned,it does not make much difference.

Let us not act for the ‘lollipop’ of ‘good feelings’...

Let us act out of IMAN and EHTISAB.

+4 -0Like x 3Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2019 06:51
ALIF wrote:
View original post

I wish brother Abu Muhammad, Abdur Rahman or sipraomer elaborate further on it and write it down in a more simple way for our sister...

I am sure I could not write it in as simple language as I wanted to,we pukhtoons are notoriously weak in our communication skills anyway :(
+1 -0Like x 1Optimistic x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2019 16:26

Five Blessings. 

Abu Hurayrah رضي الله عنه said, “If anyone has five things then he will not be deprived of five others. 

1. He who is enabled to show gratitude will never be deprived of increase of blessings. 
“If you give thanks, certainly I will give you more.” (14:7) 

لَئِن شَكَرْتُمْ لأَزِيدَنَّكُمْ 

2. He who is guided to persevere will not be deprived of reward. 
“Truly the persevering will be paid their reward in full without reckoning.” (39:10) 

إِنَّمَا يُوَفَّى الصَّابِرُونَ أَجْرَهُم بِغَيْرِ حِسَابٍ 

3. One who is inspired to repent will not be deprived of its acceptance: 
“And He is (Allah) Who accepts repentance from His servants.” (42:25) 

وَهُوَ الَّذِي يَقْبَلُ التَّوْبَةَ عَنْ عِبَادِهِ 
4. One who is enabled to seek forgiveness will not be deprived of receiving pardon. 
“Seek forgiveness of your Lord; surely He is Ever-Forgiving.” (71:10) 

اسْتَغْفِرُوا رَبَّكُمْ إِنَّهُ كَانَ غَفَّارًا 
5. He who is spurred to make supplication is not deprived of an answer. 
“Call upon Me, and I shall answer you.” (40:60) 

ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ 
Someone else added a sixth proposition that one who is encouraged to spend will not be deprived of reward thereof. 
“And whatsoever you expend (for good) He shall replace it.” (34:39) 

وَمَا أَنفَقْتُم مِّن شَيْءٍ فَهُوَ يُخْلِفُهُ

+2 -0Winner x 2