Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Fatwas issued for Amman Message

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 6th April 2019 03:27
Assalamu alaykum,

Does anyone know where I can find full text of fatwa issued by Ulema for the Amman Message? (English or Arabic)

It is said that many scholars (Like Mufti Taqi Usmani) did not directly sign the Amman Message but issued fatwas which were attached along with it. But, I am not able to find such fatwa in their website or anywhere on the web. Instead the Amman Message just mentions that Mufti Taqi Usmani is among those who endorsed the message.

They have written 'fatwa' in small writing next to his name (and many other scholars), but the fatwa is not available anywhere.

It seems that the fatwa used to be available previously as is mentioned in many fatwas which were later issued.

www.ummah.com/forum/forum/islam/general-islamic-topics/12...

www.seekersguidance.org/answers/hanafi-fiqh/can-a-sunni-m...

It is mentioned in the above links that the fatwa of scholars is there in their website. But, its not available now. Did they secretly remove the fatwas?

I would really love to read what the Ulema really said in this regard. If anyone knows where to find those fatwa please let me know.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 6th April 2019 10:52
What is Amman message?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2019 02:13
Just google it. you will get their official website.

Three Points of the Amman Message

1. They specifically recognized the validity of all 8 Mathhabs (legal schools) of Sunni, Shi’a andIbadhi Islam; of traditional Islamic Theology (Ash’arism); of Islamic Mysticism (Sufism), and of true Salafi thought, and came to a precise definition of who is a Muslim.
2. Based upon this definition they forbade takfir (declarations of apostasy) between Muslims.
3. Based upon the Mathahib they set forth the subjective and objective preconditions for the issuing of fatwas, thereby exposing ignorant and illegitimate edicts in the name of Islam.
+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2019 09:58
No post ratings