You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf, sipraomer
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#121 [Permalink] Posted on 28th February 2019 20:52
Someone just sent me a video of the Indian Media Coverage on this release.

There seems to be very belligerent and a defiant celebratory tone.

" Wing commander to be released, Wing commander to be released, Pakistan has surrendered, Indias hardline has paid off..."
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Tragic-istan
Brother
#122 [Permalink] Posted on 28th February 2019 20:53
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

If Khan plays his card right, then it could be a good move in the long run.

If Khan is under pressure from the international powers, he will listen to them. But the moment India breaks any chance of a truce, Khan will hold all those others in power, responsible.

Then he won't be under any pressure to listen to anyone. Not bS, not Trump and certainly not India.
+0 -0Agree x 1Optimistic x 1Facepalm x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#123 [Permalink] Posted on 28th February 2019 21:08
Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

Modis got what he needed and can claim victory, and does his image the world of good within India.

As the Indian journalists are stating.

"Pakistan has bowed before India"
"Pakistan is shaken is shaken"
" Indias hardline has payed off."
"Pakistan has cracked under pressure."

Khans rhetoric from what I have seen has been very submissive towards India.

Maybe he wants to maintain the popular celebrity status within India that he acquired during his cricket days.

Previous leaders of Pakistan had a lust for money and where corrupt.. This one seems to have a lust for praise in the international community his personal vanity is his main weakness.

Even if India continues in this endeavour cant see him taking any hardline stance..can only envision him begging India to come to peace.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Tragic-istan
Brother
#124 [Permalink] Posted on 28th February 2019 21:24
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Appreciate it bro.

Is that the translation I was looking for it is this a comment towards my post? Sorry.

I was hoping someone give me the gist of the clip. I don't do Bollywood
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#125 [Permalink] Posted on 28th February 2019 21:38
Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

Maybe Imran Khan is angling for a career in Bollywood after his retirement from politics.

Somebody should inform him that he is too old for a leading role. Instead put Pakistan first ,before his personal vanity.

+0 -0Facepalm x 2
Rank Image
Tragic-istan
Brother
#126 [Permalink] Posted on 28th February 2019 22:01
I don't do Bollywood meant I don't understand. My bad!

So, did you translate the clip for me, or?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#127 [Permalink] Posted on 28th February 2019 23:31
Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

My Brother I would but unfortunatley..I dont have a computer. I am using an android phone it does not allow me to listen to the video and type at the same time so i can translate.

He is saying the same thing that I wrote in post number 108 following is the gist but does not really capture the eloquence or forcefulness of his argument..

......"The unconditional release of this pilot whilst skirmishes are ongoing are sheer stupidity, should have at the very least waited until a truce. And made the release of this pilot conditional.should have exhanged him for prisoners held in kashmiri jails.

'Since the skirmishes are ongoing, a Pakistani pilot could possibly be captured by India. This guy is a Trump Card. In such a scenario you could have negotiated an exchange.
If this happens now Pakistan will have no recourse India with their belligerent rhetoric..would not release a Pakistani Pilot if he is captured.

Imran Khan should have shown some backbone and courage instead. Of lying down infront of India..This behaviour is nothing but a humiliation for Pakistan..The Indian media and politicians are celebrating this as a great victory for India and defeat for Pakistan stating that Pakistan is terrified and had surrendered. This meek and mild behaviour will further embolden the Indians and only intensify their rhetoric show some self respect Imran and for the dignity of Pakistan, and do a u-turn on this issue. The military made a great coupe by capturing this pilot it was a humiliaion for India, Pakistan had the upper hand.

But ibstead you have humiliated Pakistan infront of the world it is embarassing.At the bear minimum should ask India for a written apology. For having encroached Pakistani territory."

Thats more or less the gist of what Zaid Hamid stated...somebody sent me a video of Imran Khans video address taken before the announcement of the pilots release. I have never seen any leader speak so meekly in such a situation, seemed almost pleading with India to come to the table for talks...The contrast with the belligerent and defiant rhetoric coming from the Indian leaders stands out.

The best way I can describe that is like a young boy standing infront if a gang of bullies and pleading...," please, please, I dont want to fight please leave me alone..."

No wonder the Indians are labelling this as a surrender.

+2 -0Winner x 1Facepalm x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#128 [Permalink] Posted on 1st March 2019 00:31
the US secured the release of indian pilot & in turn India has agreed to deescalate
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#129 [Permalink] Posted on 1st March 2019 00:33
I wonder if China will continue to veto the UNSC bill on maulana Masood Azhar.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#130 [Permalink] Posted on 1st March 2019 00:42
The US, Saudi and UAE pressured Pak to release the Indian pilot. Sushma swaraj has been invited to address OIC in UAE. The UAE doesn't value Pak as the latter thinks. Begging for money comes at a cost Khan sahib.
+1 -0Facepalm x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#131 [Permalink] Posted on 1st March 2019 02:46
Remember ‘صلح حدیبیہ’ please !

Not every correct decision need necessarily be a popular one...

The job of a leader is to ‘lead’ not to follow the sentiments.Pakistan is doing whatever it is doing from a position of strength at the moment,it has proved its defensive capabilities to India and it has shown its abilities to strike back at the targets of its own choosing.It has proved that it can keep a country seven times bigger than it at bay...

Please,nuclear war is not in anybody’s interest,still one could go for it if required for a bigger cause,not such small issues.

Modi had become a captive of his own rhetoric and required ‘face saving’.He emerged badly bruised out of his gamble.Pakistan has lost nothing as all its declared objectives are defensive from day one...

Pakistan need not fight a war,the timing for which is chosen by its enemies.It is Modi who needed an excuse to back off,not Pakistan !

It was a propaganda war from the beginning.There are no winners in nuclear wars.All the victories and defeats are ‘only’ on TV screens.Let us not get emotional about it :)

IK played it better than I expected it from him :p
+1 -0Facepalm x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#132 [Permalink] Posted on 1st March 2019 02:57
1: Imran Khan declared in the Pakistan National Assembly that he had tried to reach out to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

"I tried to call (Prime Minister) Narendra Modi to say that we don't want escalation. But our desire for de-escalation should not be taken as our weakness," Imran Khan said.

2: Hours later, Pakistani Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said Imran Khan was willing to consider the pilot's release if it led to de-escalation, but added: "Our PM Imran Khan is ready to talk on the phone to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, but is Modi-ji ready?"

3: India had rejected Imran Khan's call on Thursday for a dialogue, saying there would be "no deal" on the Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman's release.
Amid soaring tension, the government demanded the "immediate and safe return" of the pilot and said it "would be well-advised to ensure that no harm comes to him".

www.ndtv.com/india-news/pakistan-pm-imran-khan-says-india...

I think If it were a Pakistani pilot he would not be released till election.

And in every campaign rally he would be used as a show piece and pilot himself would appeal voters to vote for bjp.....!
+2 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#133 [Permalink] Posted on 1st March 2019 03:04
Maybe but i remember when the Indians threw their forces on the line of control during Musharafs reign.

He did not act meekly, but west British in particularly acted quickly to mediate.

The British foreign minister at the time Jack Straw revealed that Pakistan had deployed their nuclear warheads ready for use.

So essetially Musharaf called Indias bluff. They backed down.

In anycase the hostilities have not seized yet and no truce has been agreed...!
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#134 [Permalink] Posted on 1st March 2019 03:07
Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post

= 0

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#135 [Permalink] Posted on 1st March 2019 03:35
@Abdur Rahman ibn Awf:

Most of Indians don't want to re elect bjp though but this kind of skirmishes will benefit bjp, and media is always at their door step.
+1 -0Agree x 1

Jump to page: