Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

The Grand Debate: Muadh Khan v xs11ax

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#76 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2019 10:44
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

A pious PLUS expert Muslim should be preferable on multiple counts,but there is no reason why a ‘pious but incompetent’ Muslim be preferred.If it is only for barakah then Ruqya is enough.Hijama is a technique and only those who have more expertise and competence should be involved.Our din don’t turn us into fools :)
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#77 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2019 12:25
ALIF wrote:
View original post

What do you mean by competence? Would a methodology prescribed for Hijama in ahadith and Sunnah be the one considered competent? Or the one which has been ascertained through medical research by medical practitioners? Not saying there is a prescribed method in Sunnah but if there were, wouldn't that naturally be more competent to the one used by some modern medical professional?
However, my previous question still remains. Are there practices being used by modern Hijama practitioners that are incompetent? Is this even that complex a procedure that you could be incompetent at it?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#78 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2019 12:36
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

Hijama can go wrong, so better get it done by an expert
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#79 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2019 12:58
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

What is the Sunnah metholody of cupping?

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#80 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2019 14:09
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

If there is a Sunna methodology,even then we will have to see who does it better,not all the people follow Sunna with equal efficiency:)

We know the Sunna method of salat but we see people who are careful in following Sunna in that,and we see those who are not as careful...

Then,the technique of cupping apart,there may be certain contraindications to the procedure,for example,those with coagulation defects may keep oozing blood for a long period of time,the patient may be taking some tablets,like simple aspirin,which may increase his bleeding time,he may be suffering from some skin condition,cupping at that site may send the organisms into blood,he may be suffering from Diabetes and his wounds may become septic etc

Every procedure,no matter how simple it looks,may become complicated :)

So piety apart,we still need experts.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#81 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2019 14:40
Same issue with the Black Seed/Oil.

There is a Hadith on it's benefits and there are thousands of different ways people make use of this. (just like honey)

I questioned the people where they deduced this method from of taking Black Seeds in certain ways. They simply said, "it's on the instructions" It didn't make those methods the Sunnah

These methods were again, tried and tested by people over the years and they came up with certain solutions, methods and doses.

So there doesn't always have to be a Sunnah method unless its explicit! Sometimes its just an indication towards finding out more details.
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#82 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2019 16:34

Miswak and Cupping

Performing Miswak is Sunnah. Allah Ta'ala and his Nabi (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) have not specified that:

1. Pious Muslim need to chop the tree to generate the Miswak
  2. Pious Muslim need to then shape it
  3. Pious Muslim need to then package and ship it
  4. Pious Muslim need to then sell it
  5. There is no authentic size, method or way to use it (I know that Deobandees have Malfoozat on the issue but in Sunnah there is no agreed upon any of this)

Simply using Miswak will bring the benefit and the rewards. This is a Mercy of Allah Ta'ala that the specifics have not been specified.

Same for cupping

Muslims vs Jews

We are the Ummati of Nabi (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) so this is for us.

Loading Qur'aan Verse

Contrast this with the Jews when all they were asked for is to sacrifice A SINGLE COW! Look what happened to them from a command of A SINGLE COW to where they ended up.

Loading Qur'aan Verse

Cure is not in Cupping, cure is from Allah Ta'ala and in the Sunnah.

fod1083 wrote:
View original post

Did you actually believed this before asking her a question?

I sincerely hope that you are a 15 year old OR newly converted to Islam OR lack even the basic knowledge of Islam to have actually believed this.

If you are not 15 it will shatter my faith in humanity. :P

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#83 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2019 17:20
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Assalamu alaikum

It is verse 101 of Surah al-Maidah instead of verse 10.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#84 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2019 18:01
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I'd like to know that too.

The point I was trying to make was that the way I have understood this issue is that adopting Hijama as a method of cure IS the Sunnah. And that it's not like one of those multiple parts Sunnah where adopting Hijama being one Sunnah and then getting it done by a pious man another Sunnah. And that only then would we be eligible for the full benefit of that Sunnah i.e. in this case, cure by Allah.
So if we are opting for Hijama with the belief that it's a cure recommended by the Prophet (saw), then that's the completion of the Sunnah and now we just need to believe that Allah's help is coming.
Which is why I was asking if the way of performing cupping was really that important.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#85 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2019 18:06
Quote:
Did you actually believed this before asking her a question?

I sincerely hope that you are a 15 year old OR newly converted to Islam OR lack even the basic knowledge of Islam to have actually believed this.

If you are not 15 it will shatter my faith in humanity. :P

It wasn't even a question. Just a statement summarizing what her post implied and what I was already implying earlier in the thread before she posted that. :P
+1 -0Agree x 1