Rank Image
India
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2019 14:18
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

wa alaikum assalam bro.

I didnot intend to criticise them.

I think that a da'ee should be more practicing than the person who is given dawat.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2019 15:32

Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post

No such precondition exists in Islam whatsoever. Moreover, those in Tableegh are involved for the purpose of reformation (i.e. they are going out in Jamaat to reform their bad habits and change their lives to the Sunnah).

Their Dawat (as per the principles) should revolve the six principles, reminders and explanation of the six points are done all the time.

We live in a democracy so if it is your personal opinion devoid, separate and distinct from Islam or the principles of Tableeghi Jamaat then you are entitled to your opinions (of course).

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2019 15:35
Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post

This is where many people ESPECIALLY those who join with tabligh jamaat get confused and fall into error. No matter how many times it is drilled into their head they still don't get it. They don't get it because the environment of tabligh jamaat has changed. The mentality of tablighis has changed. They give lip service to their usools, but their reality and focus has changed.

Tabligh jamaat was NEVER intended to be an organisation for teaching and correcting others. The whole point of tabligh jamaat was to learn and correct ones own self and invite others to join the jamaat so that they too could learn and correct themselves. The teaching and correcting was to be done by ulama and huffaz. Instead, people who have come off the streets and barely know how to pray salaat started thinking of themselves to be on the level of muftis. People who don't even know how to properly recite the last ten surahs starred correcting other people's tajweed. So now the general people ESPECIALLY tablighis see themselves as a dawah group. You go in jamaat now and the main focus is dawah, dawah, dawah. But most have forgotten tarbiyyah, tarbiyyah, tarbiyyah. Moulana Ilyas (rh) stated that, 'some people think they are doing this effort, but in fact they are not doing the effort. The effort is to bring the 6 qualities into one's own life.' But this never their focus. Their focus is just to bring more and more people into the jamaat and to send them out for khurooj as much as possible.

In reality they are not daees, hence the reason why they make so many mistakes. But they cannot see their own mistakes as they have put on the cloak of a daee and see a buzroog in the mirror. They are in need just like you, me, the person they talk to and everyone else. If they and everyone else understood this and if they stick to their actual usools then people would not demand high expectations from them. But if you put yourself on a pedestal then don't be surprised when people start pointing fingers at you.

Very recently there was a poor soul in my locality who had lost everything due to his errant ways. His wife left him, his kids left him, his parents threw him out. I found him staying over at a friend's house. He was in a terrible way. Didn't even have money for food. Naturally I helped him out that day. Made sure he was fed and not hungry. Listened to his problems. Tried offering him advice. Tablighis must have got to him. Few weeks later I find him on my doorstep doing gusht. He seemed happy and I was very happy for him. He informed me he is going for 4 months in jamaat. This is a guy who I have known since he was a kid. Never known him to care about salaat or the Deen. I saw him somewhere after he returned from 4 months. His whole demeanour had changed. No longer humble, but arrogant as if he was now some big daee. He didn't even have the courtesy to acknowledge my presence.

This problem isn't just with the tablighis though. Just look at those that join a shaikh of tasawuf. They join as a patient, but within a few weeks they become the doctor. Mini shaikhs. I know this because I was guilty of both in tabligh and tasawuf.
+7 -0Winner x 7
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2019 15:49
A da'ee is not supposed to be perfect. He isn't born doing the sajdah and zikr. The da'ees from amongst us commoners will always be flawed people. It is not imperative upon us to be practicing the deen fully before attempting dawat. Infact, the elders of Tabligh have always maintained that anyone who goes out in this effort with the intention to reform others has pretty much lost half the battle before even starting. The first and foremost intention of tabligh is to learn deen oneself and to bring one's own self to the complete practice of deen no matter how long it takes. It's just the method that is being used that makes people think that we are some real buzurgs who are out to change society. Think of this method as a reminder. When you are asking someone to come to the masjid, consider that as a reminder to your own self that you have to be at the masjid too.

And while we are at it, one of the most important lessons that I learnt during 4 months is that we should learn to be forgiving of our saathis. To not pick and pinpoint every tiny little flaw of theirs and to make a matter of heaven and hell out of it. The elders have always advised us that if we see someone doing something against the usools, we should try to make excuses for them, and to go about your own work, ensuring you are not doing some bad-usooli as well. Forgive and forget.
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2019 15:50
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

''a'ta'muroonan'nasa bilbirri wa tansona anfusakum wa antum tatloon al kitab afala ta'qiloon''

Does it apply....?

Practically, if a daee doesn't practice upon what he preaches to others, his dawah isn't effective.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2019 16:13

Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post

Loading Qur'aan Verse

Do you order righteousness of the people and forget yourselves while you recite the Scripture? Then will you not reason?

You have changed your mind, which one of the statements do you wish to adhere to?

Statement 1:

I think that a da'ee should be more practicing than the person who is given dawat.

Statement 2:

Practically, if a daee doesn't practice upon what he preaches to others, his dawah isn't effective.

+1 -0
Rank Image
India
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2019 17:29
Khan sahab:

Both statements are related to different situations.

But your statement

''No such precondition exists in Islam whatsoever.'' is baseless.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2019 17:38

Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post

Before I answer you, do you realise that these are 3 separate statements? I will happy to give you an answer on my statement from Tableeghi Jamaat sources itself but I still do not understand as to what is your position?

Would you like for me to answer your question first and then will you clarify your point?

Your Statement 1:

Your Statement 2:

My Statement:

No such precondition exists in Islam whatsoever.

+1 -0
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2019 18:11
This thread was not meant to be another war zone. Please calm down all the people here.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2019 19:51

sipraomer wrote:
View original post

There is nobody upset to calm down. If you want a thread to yourself then stop others from posting, until this it is a public forum.

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2019 02:18
@Muadh Khan:

I reiterate that both statements are related to different situations but you are hooked on clarification.....!!!!

Is your mind not matured enough to understand what different situations can be...?

If you accept, then InshaAllah I'll clarify in next post
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2019 10:34

Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post

Nabi (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) has stated that Anger is Haram so let us BOTH follow the Sunnah.

Let’s get back to the issue.

You are my brother and I will be happy to answer any questions which you put to me seeking clarification about what I write.

But first, please understand that we are both talking about two separate things.

I am saying that practising can action is not a condition or pre-requisite to Dawah in Islam or Tableeghi Jamaat.

This is different to both of your statements (whether they match or not), read them again.

Statement 1:

Statement 2:

Let me explain by another example.

Wudhu is a not a condition or pre-requisite to sleeping

You say, “It is a good idea and a source of blessing to be in the state of Wudhu before sleeping”

This is just an example do not get hung up about Wudhu.

Once you have calmly and collectively grasped that we are talking about two separate scenarios, I will be happy to clarify my position (as I have already said). We will even discuss the Tafseer of the verse of the Qur’aan which you have posted.

There is no reason for poison or rancour in an Academic discussion. I am not a scholar or a Nabi so you have the full right to disagree once you have understood that we are talking cross purposes and about two separate matters.

Calmly, collectively and diligently read and decipher this post and then react without passion and emotion. Log off and walk away if you have to clear your mind before reading this and understanding that we are talking about two separate issues.

A disagreement (based on our misunderstanding) does not make you or me a Kaafir, Faasiq or Faajir…We both remain Muslim and brothers.

Do you grasp what is being said? Take your time and ask as many questions as you want but do so without emotion and passion.

Once you have grasped the root cause of our disagreement, we can discuss the issue within the context of Tableeghi Jamaat which is the topic of this thread.

P.S:  Unlike what Sister “bint e aisha” claims, the highlighting is not to insult or shout at you but to clearly mark out the salient points of this post so there is no misunderstanding about what I am trying to convey to the best of my human ability. Nevertheless, if you still believe that highlighting or using colours or BOLD is insulting or offensive even after my clarification….Take my apology as it is not my intention and I have made that clear again and again and again.

+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2019 10:43
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I never said that about highlighting. My post was concerning CAPS and red colour.
+1 -0Agree x 1Creative x 1Old x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2019 10:44

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

And my post does...

No post ratings
Rank Image