Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Imam shafii descibes fuqhaa as missing taqua ( none fearing of Allah)

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 21st January 2019 00:53
Assalamu Alaykum Wr. Wb.
I'm very grateful for the presence of Ulmaa here, I am not an Alim, but a one who travelled and mixed with different groups of Muslims.
since few years these two couplets hit me regarding faqeehs an ulmaa on the time of imam shafii, who travelled and acquired knowledge of most Ulmaa of his time in Makkah, Madinah, Iraq, Yemen,Sham and Egypt
he lived on the end of second century which assumed to be the best 3 generations.
his poems are the extract of his wisdom and experience he said in one:

فقيهاً وصوفياً فكن ليسَ واحداً,,, فَإني وَحَقِّ اللَّهِ إيَّاكَ أَنْصَحُ.
فذلك قاسٍ، لم يذق قلبه تقى ْ,,, وهذا جهولٌ، كيف ذو الجهل يصلحُ؟

He describes a faqeeh as NEVER got taqwah which is essential for entering Jannah
how dangerous are faqeehs of these days then with all haram/ halal triple lies
(115) وَلَا تَقُولُوا لِمَا تَصِفُ أَلْسِنَتُكُمُ الْكَذِبَ هَٰذَا حَلَالٌ وَهَٰذَا حَرَامٌ لِّتَفْتَرُوا عَلَى اللَّهِ الْكَذِبَ ۚ إِنَّ الَّذِينَ يَفْتَرُونَ عَلَى اللَّهِ الْكَذِبَ لَا يُفْلِحُونَ (116) النحل

Why Imam Ghazali wrote his book Ihyaa Uloomuddin specifically for Fuqhaa, why while he was the top of Ulmaa of his time and was teaching Deen but described himself as was in Dhalal (misguided) before leaving every thing in dunia in his book "al-Munqidh min al-Dalal "

why Uluma will be the first who will kindle the hell fire and will be punished more than Shytan

we know who are guided and we know who are misguided yet we still in confusion and misguide others

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is the will of Alah that fuqhaa starting aquiring islamic knowledge for dunia like Imam ghazali declare this for himself, or Abu hanifah told the mother of abu Yusuf that your son will eat with khalifah.
then Allah save group of them from falling on mohlikaat (Perish) and made the others means of takfir and selling deen for dunia.
عَن عبد الرَّحْمَن بن عبد الله بن مَسْعُود، عَن أَبِيه، عَن النَّبِي صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ: «نضر الله أمرأ سمع مَقَالَتي فوعاها وحفظها وَبَلغهَا، فَرب حَامِل فقه إِلَى من هُوَ أفقه مِنْهُ، ثَلَاث لَا يغل عَلَيْهِنَّ قلب مُسلم: إخلاص الْعَمَل لله، ومناصحة أَئِمَّة الْمُسلمين، وَلُزُوم جَمَاعَتهمْ، فَإِن دعوتهم تحيط من ورائهم».
let us think what is the way of salvation for fuqhaa of these days
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 21st January 2019 05:15
Imam Abu Hanifa (85 H. – 150 H) “If it were not for two years, I would have perished.” He said, “for two years I accompanied Sayyidina Ja’far as-Sadiq and I acquired the spiritual knowledge that made me a gnostic in the Way.” [Ad-Durr al-Mukhtar, vol 1. p. 43]

Imam Malik (95 H. – 179 H.) “whoever studies Jurisprudence (tafaqaha) and didn’t study Sufism [tasawwafa] will be corrupted; and whoever studied Sufism and didn’t study Jurisprudence will become a heretic; and whoever combined both will be reach the Truth.” [the scholar’Ali al-Adawi , vol. 2, p 195.)

Imam Shafi’i (150 – 205 AH.) “I accompanied the Sufi people and I received from them three knowledges: … how to speak; .. how to treat people with leniency and a soft heart… and they… guided me in the ways of Sufism.” [Kashf al-Khafa, ‘Ajluni, vol. 1, p 341.]

Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal (164 – 241 AH.) “O my son, you have to sit with the People of Sufism, because they are like a fountain of knowledge and they keep the Remembrance of Allah in their hearts. they are the ascetics and they have the most spiritual power.” [Tanwir al-Qulub p. 405]

Imam Ghazzali (450 – 505 AH.) “I knew verily that Sufis are the seekers in Allah’s Way, and their conduct is the best conduct, and their way is the best way, and their manners are the most sanctified. They have cleaned their hearts from other than Allah and they have made them as pathways for rivers to run receiving knowledge of the Divine Presence.” [al-Munqidh, p. 131].

Fakhr ad-Din ar-Razi (544 – 606 AH) “the way of Sufis for seeking Knowledge, is to disconnect themselves from this worldly life, and they keep themselves constantly busy …. with Dhikrullah, in all their actions and behaviours. [‘Itiqadaat Furaq al-Muslimeen, p. 72, 73]

Imam Nawawi (620 – 676 AH.) “The specifications of the Way of the Sufis are … to keep the Presence of Allah in your heart in public and in private; to follow the Sunnah of the Prophet (s) … to be happy with what Allah gave you…”[in his Letters, (Maqasid at-tawhid), p. 201]

Ibn Khaldun (733 – 808 AH.) “The way of the Sufis is the way of the Salaf, the preceding Scholars between the Sahaba and Tabi’een of those who followed good guidance…” [Muqaddimat ibn al-Khaldun, p. 328]

Tajuddin as-Subki (727 – 771 AH.) “May Allah praise them [the Sufis] and greet them and may Allah cause us to be with them in Paradise. Too many things have been said about them and too many ignorant people have said things which are not related to them. And the truth is that those people left the world and were busy with worship. … They are the People of Allah, whose supplications and player Allah accepts and by means of whom Allah supports human beings” [Mu’eed an-Na’am p. 190, the chapter entitled Tasawwufl

Jalaluddin as-Suyuti (849 – 911 AH.) “At-Tasawwuf in itself is the best and most honourable knowledge. It explains how to follow the Sunnah of the Prophet (s) and to put aside innovation.” [Ta’yid al-Haqiqat al-‘Aiiyya,p 57]

Ibn Taymiyya (661 – 728 AH) “Tasawwuf has realities and states of experience which they talk about in their science. Some of it is that the Sufi is that one who purifies himself from anything which distracts him from the remembrance of Allah and who will be so filled up with knowledge of the heart and knowledge of the mind to the point that the value of gold and stones will be the same to him. And Tasawwuf is safeguarding the precious meanings and leaving behind the call to fame and vanity in order to reach the state of Truthfulness, because the best of humans after the prophets are the Siddiqeen, as Allah mentioned them in the verse: “(And all who obey Allah and the Apostle) are in the company of those on whom is the grace of Allah: of the prophets, the sincere lovers of truth, the martyrs and the righteous; Ah! what a beautiful fellowship.” (an-Nisa’, 69,70)

haq2012.wordpress.com/2013/09/24/what-the-classical-schol...
+1 -0
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 21st January 2019 05:16
hellil wrote:
View original post

What do you want to prove and what are your intentions for this post? Do you hate faqeeh. Do you suggest that nobody should learn fiqh? Or are you trying to say something else? Be open and clear Please!
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 21st January 2019 09:49
Helil wrote:
Assalamu Alaykum Wr. Wb.
I'm very grateful for the presence of Ulmaa here, I am not an Alim, but a one who travelled and mixed with different groups of Muslims.

WasSalaam.

Please note, majority of the memebers here are not as you have described above. We are not Ulama or Alim's. Atlhough there may be a few of them as members here.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 21st January 2019 10:23

hellil wrote:
View original post

W-Salam,

Before taking the discussion any further, you are quoting the Diwaan of Imam Shaf'ae (RA)...Is it authentically attributable to Imam Shaf'ae? Secondly, is the stanza which you are quoting from Imam Shaf'ae (RA)?

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 21st January 2019 10:42
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Salam,
the corruption in Ummah related to the religious leaders , like wise corruption in Jew and Christian happen due to their religious leader.
﴿ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِنَّ كَثِيرًا مِنَ الْأَحْبَارِ وَالرُّهْبَانِ لَيَأْكُلُونَ أَمْوَالَ النَّاسِ بِالْبَاطِلِ ﴾
that's why Quran focus on them as example.

faqeehs and good talkers who are listened to by lots of people are targeted by rulers and business people to utilise them and make political/business fatwa for them,
they also got arrogant by there gifted abilities of memorisation and make prove of whatever they want.
I remember one (young) mufti told me we got the tools to make many things halal or haram as we want.
I can't summarise the book of Ihyaa Ulum addin here, but in general they need a good company who make them fear of Allah not normal people who only praise them and increase their arrogance they are human and need community support and to be able to live in minimum level of life so they may not eat with deen.

Sydna Umar RA is a good example for Faqeeh who
- do a lot of effort to control his nafs, from dressing, blaming,
- seeking shoora of people of Badr in every/daily matter regarding fatwa
- cry daily (is it possible now)

I just post this as a reminder for me I my self commit so many sins may Allah forgive me.

in this forum we need to have a daily reminder to fear Allah SW:
- a single word can be means of punishment
- looking down to any Muslim (either if he commit sins) is the biggest sins (كفى بالمرء إثماً أن يحقر أخاه المسلم))
- to accept criticise of others and
- Accuse my self as hypocrite (like majority of sahabah do) حديث ( أكثر منافقي أمتي قراؤها )
- to be well wisher for every one.

so many to mention, but a daily reading of Ihyaa Uloom addin will expose my ugly part to me one by one
still it is very very hard to change may Allah help me and each of us
+0 -0Ameen x 3
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 21st January 2019 12:03
hellil wrote:
View original post

1. Yes those faqeeh who are corrupt are wrong but those who are righteous are our crown.

Quote:
2. Sydna Umar RA is a good example for Faqeeh who
- do a lot of effort to control his nafs, from dressing, blaming,
- seeking shoora of people of Badr in every/daily matter regarding fatwa
- cry daily (is it possible now)

Yes it is possible! It's already happening. Maybe not have come to our notice. Or overlooked by us. Remember! All five fingers are not equal.

3. Don't lose hope. We are not living in easy times but if we manage to protect our iman then insha Allah we will be immensely rewarded.
No post ratings