Topic Appreciation
Yasin, sipraomer
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#76 [Permalink] Posted on 5th January 2019 19:44
saa10245 wrote:
View original post

I agree with you,the way these things are presented by Yogi,s is 'queer' at best and should be rejected....

May be you misunderstood Sipraomer.I believe he would prefer to join ‘even’ jamat e Islami rather than becoming a yogi and start repeating some strange Mantra in search of Nirvana :)

Psychology is not the property of any particular nation,it is a product of some common experiences which happen to all human beings.That 'thoughts' can influence not only those who think it,but also those around them,is a well known fact.If a person with depressed mood enters a perfectly happy atmosphere,he spoils the good mood of others. A man with good spirits raise the morales of those around him.A strong leader with equally strong thoughts influence a whole nation positively or negatively....

It is also well known that positive thoughts attract positive thoughts,and negative thoughts attract negative thoughts.Those who think of success ultimately achieves their goals,while those who think of failure ends up in a cycle of negativity,leading to further failures in life.These are common observations...

It is also common knowledge,that if one keeps repeating negative things or events in mind,the negative 'feelings' become stronger and stronger.For example,someone use abusive language for us,now we can either ignore it and forgive him OR we may keep thinking about it,keep ruminating and repeating it in our mind,which undoubtedly increase our hatred for that person.Again it is not some 'mystic' phenomenon but common knowledge.Repeatition of Kalima or some blessed name of Allah swt fills our heart with peace and tranquility while the opposite of it darkens our thoughts further.

And finally,'intention' is also merely a firm thought,and Hadeeth sharif tells us that the fruits of our actions depends upon the intentions behind it (الاعمال بالنيات)

Our thoughts are the creation of Allah swt the same way our actions are the creation of Allah swt, and we are being given the same degree of limited liberty in thinking like we are given in actions.

I could not understand the 'shirk' component in it ?
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#77 [Permalink] Posted on 5th January 2019 21:22
Amazing what someone with positive aura can do to you.

Just imagine the smile of our beloved Prophet (saw) and enlightening the whole atmosphere. Subhanallah.
+5 -0Like x 3Winner x 2
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#78 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2019 05:02
saa10245 wrote:
View original post

Well I don't believe in law of attraction like the kuffar portray it that you will get just by thinking about that thing or you are gods (Nawudhubillah) that whatever you wish will be granted by the universe etc.

The part of law of attraction I agree with is the power of positive thinking. There is a difference between wishful thinking, self denial or deceiving oneself by believing in falsehood and then trusting that wrong beliefs will lead to success and being positive even in difficult times. I translate positive thinking as being Thankful to Allah even in bad times. I translate positive thinking as being determined to achieve our goals and trying our best instead of whining over lack of resources. I translate positive thinking as doing the best one has the ability of. I translate positive thinking as the following statement suggests.

"It will end soon" (an inscription on the ring of a king who wanted to remain balanced in times of extreme happiness and sadness and requested his sages to write such an inscription on his ring which could calm him down)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#79 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2019 05:44
The law of attraction is doing exactly what it was designed to do. To remove the Creator from the equation. To make it seem like we are the masters of our own destiny. The principle behind it, i.e. the power of positive thinking, shouldn't be alien to any Muslim. We believe the same thing. Except that we call it "Allah say khush gumaani rakhna" (expecting the best from Allah). That is, if we expect good from Allah, good things will happen. Bad gumaani (expecting bad) will result in bad things happening. The crux of our belief being that we are still very reliant on Allah, we aren't removing His influence from our lives. We still believe that everything happens with His Will.

The philosophy contained within this "law" is a subset of the greater knowledge of the working of things in the Universe. Like I have said before, there are two ways that this knowledge can be approached and used. One is the way through purity of heart and mind which is how the Auliya discovered and practiced it, always keeping in mind that Allah was still in control of everything.
The other way is through which Satan and his minions use it. Through impurity and filth of mind. To drive people away from the Reality of the Creator.
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#80 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2019 07:59
Deleted

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#81 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2019 14:12
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#82 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2019 15:56
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

That was a very useful thread,a great reminder for all,specially for ME

جزاك الله خيرا
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#83 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2019 16:26
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#84 [Permalink] Posted on 12th February 2019 10:26
ALIF wrote:
View original post

Quote:
Those who think of success ultimately achieves their goals,while those who think of failure ends up in a cycle of negativity,leading to further failures in life.These are common observations

I am sorry for the MEGA-LATE reply.
What you have talked about here is known as Self-fullfilling Prophecy in Psychology. This in simple terms means
1) John feels and thinks he will fail the exam.
2) He gets depressed and can't focus on the preparation. Therefore he doesn't put in the required effort to pass the exam.
3) At the end of the day, He ends up failing the exam.

There is no element of Shirk here.

But Law of Attraction as the western media potrays it, reeks of Polytheism and Shirk. Have you heard about "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne. See this.
______________________________________________________________________________________
Like Aladdin's Genie, the law of attraction grants our every
command.
• The Creative Process helps you create what you want in three simple
steps: ask, believe, and receive.
• Asking the Universe for what you want is your opportunity to get
clear about what you want. As you get clear in your mind, you have
asked.
These men knew The Secret. These were men who had utter faith
in the invisible, and who knew the power within them to leverage
the Universe
and bring the invention into the visible.
If you turn it over to the Universe, you will be surprised and
dazzled by what is delivered to you.
This is where magic and
miracles happen.
The Universe says,
"Your wish is my command,"

Then go into your day and release
it to the Universe and trust that the Universe will figure out
how to manifest it.

I knew with every fiber of my being
that the Universe would provide, and it did.

Focus on radiating out into the Universe those feelings of joy
and happiness.
When you do that, you will attract back to you all
things that bring you joy and happiness, which will not only include
an abundance of money, but everything else you are wanting.Leave the details to the Universe on how it will bring it about.
They give away vasts amounts of money, and as they give, by the law of attraction, the
Universe opens up and floods vast amounts of money back to them
—multiplied!

You deserve every good thing you
want, and the Universe will give you every good thing you want,
but you have to summon it into your life.

The Secret means that we are creators of our
Universe, and that every wish that we want to create
will manifest in our lives.

When you feel bad about yourself, you
are blocking all the love and all the good that the Universe has for
you.

It is as easy to heal a pimple as a disease. The process is identical; the difference
is in our minds. So if you have attracted some affliction to you,
reduce it in your mind to the size of a pimple, let go of all negative
thoughts, and then focus on the perfection of health.

You are the master of your life, and the Universe is answering
your every command.

The Universe offers all things to all people through the law of
attraction.

"To become conscious of this power is to become
a 'live wire/ The Universe is the live wire. It
carries power sufficient to meet every situation
in the life of every individual.
When the
individual mind touches the Universal Mind, it
receives all its power."
When you focus your thoughts on something you want, and you
hold that focus, you are in that moment summoning what you
want with the mightiest power in the Universe.
The law of attraction
doesn't compute "don't" or "not" or "no," or any other words
of negation. As you speak words of negation, this is what the law
of attraction is receiving:
"I don't want to spill something on this outfit."
"I want to spill something on this outfit and I want to spill
more things."
"I don't want a bad haircut."
"I want bad haircuts."
"I don't want to be delayed."
"I want delays."
"I don't want that person to be rude to me."
"I want that person and more people to be rude to me."
"I don't want the restaurant to give away our table."
"I want restaurants to give away our tables."

____________________________________________________________________________________

The above is taken from The Secret by Rhonda Byrne the Proponent of Law of Attraction.
Is there any question left about the Kufr and Shirk of this so called Law of Attraction that is potrayed in the west?. I have highlighted the problematic parts. This is pure Polytheism and Ego-worship at best. What is the difference between them and the Quraish. They have replaced clay Idols with the Universe. That's it.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#85 [Permalink] Posted on 12th February 2019 12:54
saa10245 wrote:
View original post

Agreed,what he wrote is nonsense...

A Muslim firmly believes that life and death,health and disease,honour and disgrace,plenty and poverty,success and failure,all are in the hands of Allah swt.

Poor universe despite its enormity is still as much a ‘creation’ as is an ‘atom’...and as much helpless as a created thing can be,in front of its creator.

We must appreciate this blessing of Iman that Allah swt granted us.People more wise and more knowledgeable than us,lived and died without knowing the truth,and without truth one is ignorant even if Einstein.

What he wrote and you quoted,is not only against truth but is against common sense and the common experience of human race.A strong willed person like Hitler would not have committed suicide out of frustration of defeat,Napoléon Bonaparte would be ruling Europe till today,Karl Marx would have seen his dreams fulfilled...and so on !

If strong ‘will’ and true ‘wish’ was a criteria no child would have died in the lap of a mother,no one would have died of hunger and thirst,no poor would remain poor all his life,no student would have ever failed any exam....

Allah swt tells us in sura Najm:

“Or is there for man whatever he wishes?
Rather, to Allah belongs the Hereafter and the first [life]”.

and tells us :

“And they have thereof no knowledge. They follow not except assumption, and indeed, assumption avails not against the truth at all”.

Allah swt further tells us :

“Or has he not been informed of what was in the scriptures of Moses
And [of] Abraham, who fulfilled [his obligations]

That no bearer of burdens will bear the burden of another

And that there is not for man except that [good] for which he strives
And that his effort is going to be seen,

Then he will be recompensed for it with the fullest recompense

And that to your Lord is the finality

And that it is He who makes [one] laugh and weep

And that it is He who causes death and gives life

And that He creates the two mates - the male and female -
From a sperm-drop when it is emitted
And that [incumbent] upon Him is the next creation

And that it is He who enriches and suffices
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#86 [Permalink] Posted on 12th February 2019 14:32
ALIF wrote:
View original post

It amazes me, however, that people in the west buy this garbage and actually hold this to be true. They are willing to hold an "UNINTELLIGENT" universe as their god but NOT Allah سبحانه وتعالى. They call it the New Age Spirituality of Self-help. It amazes me more that this book has been translated in Urdu and Motivational Speakers speak about it as if it is the "Magical Pill." Dangerous times, these are.
+0 -0Agree x 2