Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

What to do when someone reads fabricated hadith?

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 30th December 2018 13:27
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

What should I do when someone reads fabricated hadith from fadhail-e-amaal during taleem? Inform them on the spot or later or should remain silent?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 30th December 2018 14:19
Explain to them the beauty of the book and that although they may be weak, they are sourced from great scholars of Islam.

There are many threads explaining this in writing and in video.

I'll try and post a few links later
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 30th December 2018 14:26
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 30th December 2018 14:53

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

This matter has two answers.

1. IF the person is a Muhadith then he or she should not read the Hadeeth

2. IF the person is a NOT Muhadith then he or she is a Muqallid and Shaykhul-Hadeeth (Maulana) Zakariyya (RA) has not included any Maw'doo Hadeeth in his book so the person may be making Taqleed; while you may be making Taqleed of another Scholar so the issue is not straight forward.

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 30th December 2018 14:59
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Erm brother I guess you have misunderstood my question. My question was: if someone reads those ahadith which have been declared fabricated by the scholars of hadith, in front of us what should we do? Should we interrupt and inform them straight away during ta'leem or should we wait and tell them later on in private?

Actually I'm asking because few weeks ago a mastoorat jama'at was staying at our home and a lady read hadith about fifteen punishments for neglecting prayer.. I stayed silent and thought I'll inform her later but then forgot. But now I feel guilty because I've read it's obligatory to inform someone who is quoting fabricated hadith in front of you.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 30th December 2018 15:03
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Assalamu alaikum

I only read this post now... JazakAllah. So is it ok if I consider the hadith to be fabricated but still remain silent?
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 30th December 2018 15:09

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

W-Salam,

To be honest, I am not sure what to do under the circumstances. I am not a Muhadith and advising Tableeghees is like shouting in front of a buffalo i.e. it will have no impact and in fact the buffalo might get annoyed and kick you!

Depends on the buffalo. If you are in front of an educated, sophisticated, cultured buffalo (from a noble family) who may (perchance) understand then it may be worth discussing it with the buffalo…OTHERWISE a buffalo is a buffalo and it may actually do more harm than good.

P.S: You are a Muqallid so make Taqleed and that is it for you.

+2 -0Like x 1Creative x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 30th December 2018 15:14
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

lol!!
+0 -1Dislike x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 30th December 2018 15:15
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

Not commenting on fazail amaal, but just commenting in general. If someone makes a fundamental mistake, especially in front of others, then I think it should be corrected straight away in the same gathering, otherwise the mistake could spread exponentially via the people of that gathering.

By doing this you are not going to make many friends, and the person who is corrected might consider it a personal challenge and try to one up you. But that shouldn't matter to you as long as you have done your duty by conveying the truth. If the behaviour of others has an effect on you when it comes to speaking the truth, then that is a problem within yourself that needs to be addressed.

I found myself in a similar situation in jumma salaat. The imam made a fundamental mistake in his talk. For a brief moment I was conflicted if I should correct him, but then decided it was best for everyone that his mistake was corrected. He accepted and corrected himself, but to save face he made an off hand remark about myself. Naturally I felt embarrassed, but then realised that it was due to a fault within myself and my pride that made me feel embarrassed. So it highlighted a fault within me as well which I need to work on.

This is general advice and may not apply in all situations.

Also, there may be situations where it's best not to say anything at all for whatever reason. You will have to gauge this yourself.

Also, in my opinion (and I could be wrong) it's best not to overburden yourself over and above the level of your iman. Say for example you corrected a shaikh in front of his mureeds, would your iman be strong enough if the mureeds were to turn on you and create difficulties for you?

Just some of the things you should think about in these situations.
+3 -0Like x 2Agree x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 30th December 2018 15:16
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Once a jamaat came in our town. One of the saathis was giving dawah to some people on gasht. I was with them. He stated that Allah has given 99 parts of wisdom to Prophet Muhammad SAWS and have divided 1 part to the rest of his makhlooq. I remained silent. After returning from the gasht, I straight away went to home and brought a book named “Chand Maroof lekin Ghair Mustanad Ahadith” written by Ustaz ul Hadith Mufti Sadaqat Ali and in it he has declared this hadith to be fabricated with references of muhaditheen. When I showed this book to him and he read the page I bookmarked the next day, he admitted this mistake and requested me to keep this book for another one or two day so that he reads more of it in spare time.

The reason I gave him the book instead of telling him from memory then and there on the spot is that I knew that the book will have more impact than just my (no body) words. My advice would be to show the other person the book in which it is mentioned that that particular hadith is fabricated or show the bayan of a reliable alim in which he has mentioned it. It will have more effect in this manner and I think it would be more wise to adopt this strategy.
+4 -0Like x 3Agree x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 30th December 2018 15:21
Another thought, a mistake is just a mistake if unintentional, but deliberately not speaking out (when you have the ability) when a mistake is made is not an unintentional mistake. It may be deliberate negligence.
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 30th December 2018 15:27
جزاکم اللہ خیرا
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 30th December 2018 15:28
There are many ways to say the same thing. Our mission is not to hurt the self respect of other people but to inform them of their mistake gently, wisely and at the right moment.

Today while I was sitting with the Imam, one of the tablighi brothers of our local jamaat came and sat. I made a comment that if Tazkiya and Tabligh are combined then it will become more beneficial with which the imam agreed. However, that brother stated that Tabligh is the way of Sahaba RA and it is the work of deen. We do khurooj to learn the work of deen and not the deen itself. :) I remained silent because it's almost 8 years since, I have been saying this in mashwarah and bayans that tabligh is only the base and we need other works of deen too to better ourselves. Telling other people the fadhail of ilm and dhikr while not doing it is not the way of sahaba ra. Practice what you preach. However, my words reach deaf ears so I have stopped advising and just keep my own business. :(
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 30th December 2018 15:30
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

What would you do if a scholar narrated a fabrication?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 30th December 2018 15:39
Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

It will become obligatory to inform him but I understand it is very difficult (atleast for me).
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1