Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open
 
Top Members

Reviving Iblees's Spirit

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Thread Tools
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Asaaghir
Rank Image
mSiddiqui's avatar
Offline
Unspecified
153
Brother
12
mSiddiqui's avatar
#91 [Permalink] Posted on 28th December 2018 15:00
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

The Aayat pertaining to the stories of the Rusul of bygone times also brings within its scope the stories of the Auliya. Allah Ta’ala does mention stories of the Auliya in the Qur’aan Shareef as lessons for us. Among these Auliya mentioned in the Qur’aan Majeed are Hadhrat Luqmaan, Hadhrat Zul Qarnain, Hadhrat Khidhr, Hadhrat Taloot, Hadhrat Aasif, Hadhrat Aasiya, Hadhrat Maryam, the Mother of Nabi Musa, etc. (Alahimus Salaam).
Furthermore, Rasulullah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) mentioned many Auliya of former times, and Allah Ta’ala loves them so much that in a Hadith Qudsi, He says: “Whoever hurts my Wali, I give him notice of war from Me.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2
back to top
Rank Image
xs11ax's avatar
Unspecified
2,232
Brother
1,832
xs11ax's avatar
#92 [Permalink] Posted on 28th December 2018 17:08
mSiddiqui wrote:
View original post

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

Brother, no one is denying that. What we are discussing is that particular ayat.

The reason why I brought it up was because I thought it was a mistake in the translation. I feel it is very important that we keep the quran as pure as possible when translating it. I checked other translations and non of the ones I checked included 'auliya' in the translation. I don't understand arabic, but even I know that rasul means messenger and not auliya. It was not clear that this was not a translation, but it was tafseer. If it is tafseer then it needs to be made clear to the reader so that there is no misunderstanding.

As for whether including auliya where Allah has mentioned rasul is acceptable or not, that I do not know. But seeing as how other tafseers do not mention auliya then it is probably safer to leave it out. I have absolutely zero knowledge of this science so if I am wrong to be so cautious then please explain.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
mSiddiqui's avatar
Offline
Unspecified
153
Brother
12
mSiddiqui's avatar
#93 [Permalink] Posted on 28th December 2018 22:44
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

A scholar of Tafseer wrote it. Allah Ta'ala took responsibility of keeping the Quran Pure and it will remain pure. I am pretty sure brackets make things clear, that it is not part of the literal translation. Read Mufti Afzal Hussein Elias's rahmatullahi alaiy Quran Made Easy. He uses brackets to explain things for non-literal translations.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
36
Brother
28
#94 [Permalink] Posted on 29th December 2018 08:12
As someone who attended all three days of Reviving Islamic Spirit for the second time in my life, I was nothing but impressed by the level of unity and love for Deen that was exhibited by the brothers and sisters in attendance.

To all those calling it the work of the Dajjal, look at yourself in the mirror and feel free to let me know what you have done to protect the Emaan of all those brothers and sisters on edge, for whom events like these are the only source of Islamic knowledge and guidance they get all year.

Also, Maulana Tariq Jameel has approximately 100 times Taqwa and concern for Deen than all of us here combined. That is why he is travelling the world for the sake of Deen while we are stuck here criticizing his decisions. Ditto goes for Shaykh Hamza Yusuf, whose knowledge is not only like an ocean compared to our paltry drops, but whose humbleness and humility should put us all to shame.

If RIS is good enough for them, it should be good enough for any Muslim. However, it is not an event for everyone and is not meant to be. It is targeted towards those youths who are not well-connected to their masjids, do not go in Tableegh, do not have a sheikh watching over them and others who are pretty much on the verge of leaving the Deen. These Muslims are not going to come to your ijtimas and dhikr halaqas, but they will come to RIS and most of them leave as better Muslims, I would think. InshAllah.

It is very easy to point fingers and criticize but you are doing nothing productive. There is a way to forbid evil but this is not the way to do so. I would suggest we either a) attend the gathering next yeara and try to benefit as much as possible while ignoring the faults that are found everywhere or b) just mind our own business and work for the benefit of Deen in our own way and let RIS do it in their way.

Allah ta'ala will judge us all, afterall. So I assure you, there will be enough time to figure out who was on Haq, who was on batil and who was being silly for having such arguments.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -1Like x 1Dislike x 1Disagree x 3Winner x 2
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
36
Brother
28
#95 [Permalink] Posted on 29th December 2018 08:19
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post


This is very sad to see. When our beloved Nabi (SAW) taught us to look at our own faults and cover the faults of our brothers, all we do is the exact opposite. Dr. Zakir Naik gets nothing but respect and love from me and I hope that Allah ta'ala continues to take the work of Deen from him.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Ameen x 1Winner x 2
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
79
Brother
17
#96 [Permalink] Posted on 29th December 2018 10:08
Bilal_Ummati wrote:
View original post

so go ahead and also defend MTJ's participation in the conference held at the supreme court of pakistan for population control. Any pakistani newspaper if you read will give all the details of the conference.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+4 -0Winner x 2
back to top
Rank Image
mSiddiqui's avatar
Offline
Unspecified
153
Brother
12
mSiddiqui's avatar
#97 [Permalink] Posted on 29th December 2018 13:50
Bilal_Ummati wrote:
View original post

Excluding my self. What proof do you have of saying that he has more Taqwa than the people on this website?
It's very audacious of you to assume anything and to do Tazkiya of Moulana Tariq Jameel. You may say it seems he is more pious in your eyes. But all we see is the opposite. Just cause he talks nice. My brother, you don't know the effect it puts on a man staying with people who are non-religious and sitting with them. The effects are very long lasting and you are seeing it in the forms of his current actions. Everyone's heart is projecting something. That level of roohaniyat cannot be discerned from him.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
396
Brother
504
#98 [Permalink] Posted on 29th December 2018 15:18
mSiddiqui wrote:
View original post

And you, I am assuming, are qualified to discern the levels of rohaaniyat of senior ulema and akabireen?

Your concern in the original post was extremely valid but now this is starting to feel more like targeted propaganda.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
mSiddiqui's avatar
Offline
Unspecified
153
Brother
12
mSiddiqui's avatar
#99 [Permalink] Posted on 29th December 2018 15:47
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

Not at all, my uselessness is as clear as the light of the sun on a non-cloudy day.

For someone to say that he is better than all these people combined, just because he is a famous speaker is a very farfetched thing to say. Allah Ta'ala can use anyone to move his deen further. Not targeting him. Just want it to be clear that what he is doing is wrong. I have seen senior Ulama that have had musical ringtones going off around them and they stay silent. I have seen Mureeds send news videos with the hottest white anchor lady and the Shaykh is silent. Mans are out here perturbed by the things that are going on.

*The mashaayikh (pious elders) not reprimanding the
general masses for their misconduct
Hadhrat Moulana Thanwi rahimahullah Ta'ala
used to mention: “The Mashaayikh
have spoiled the behaviour of people. They do not reprimand them
for their misconduct and consider this to be akhlaaq (good
character). This is not akhlaaq. This is ihlaak (destruction).”*

I'm by no means perfect, if you knew my sins, you wouldn't spare your spit for my direction.
I'll spare you any more superficial tawadu on my part.
Amr Bil Maaroof and Nahi anil Munkar will and must be done.

It was said: "Some say that preaching (giving naseehat) to people should be embarked on only after
one has become morally purified." Hadhrat Hasan commented: "Shaitaan desires that the door of Amr
Bil Ma'roof Nahyi anil munkar (commanding righteousness and prohibiting evil) be closed."

A man said to him: "Some people find fault with your statements and criticize you." Hadhrat Hasan
replied: "I find myself full of fault. While I am searching for Divine Proximity, I cherish the desire for
Jannat. But both these attitudes are contradictory. Furthermore, I do not hope to be immune from the
criticism of people. Even Allah Ta'ala, The Absolute One, has not been spared by their tongues."
(Although the wish or desire for both Jannat and nearness to Allah Ta'ala are in reality not negatory or
contradictory, the exceptionally lofty spiritual status and proximity of the Auliyaa preclude them from
all motives except the Goal of Divine Proximity. Their worship of Allah is neither for fear of Jahannum
nor for the hope of Jannat. Their gaze is focussed on only Allah's Pleasure.)
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 3
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
10,048
Brother
8,256
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#100 [Permalink] Posted on 29th December 2018 17:25

mSiddiqui wrote:
View original post

Did Hazrat Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi (RA) ever say anything about LYING and DECEPTION or did all his writings revolve around condemning Maulana Tariq Jameel (HA)?

www.muftisays.com/forums/27-sharing-portal/10655-status-o...

mSiddiqui wrote:
Mufti Saab, InshaAllah Ta'ala I will be looking to get a second wife from Pakistan. The thing is I want to dissolve my legal marriage in Canada. My wife is aware of me getting my second marriage. If I file for a civil divorcewill it affect my Shari Nikkah in any way?

These are the forms: www.ontario.ca/page/file-joint-divorce-application-online

Please give me a solution for this. I want my Nikkah to remain intact. <--- Anyone come across this scenario, my friend is currently going through this situation and has asked darul iftaas. Awaiting response I will post once he gets them?

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
mSiddiqui's avatar
Offline
Unspecified
153
Brother
12
mSiddiqui's avatar
#101 [Permalink] Posted on 29th December 2018 20:04
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

This is clearly a game too you. May Allah Ta'ala grant you guidance. I see this mans ego can't get filled.

That is a valid question related to a thread you opened up. Any time your ego is stroked then you become friendly.
Stalking and lurking to make sure his reputation is not hurt. My points made were clear. May Allah Ta'ala keep you all happy. I am out. I don't like the back and forth, this guy gets a thrill off of it. This is how you survive.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
10,048
Brother
8,256
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#102 [Permalink] Posted on 29th December 2018 20:34

mSiddiqui wrote:
View original post

Sure, you can leave OR you can stopping lying, cheating and deceiving. For a Muslim who has the knowledge that he will be questioned by Allah Ta’ala, it is an easy choice.

Once again, Maulana Tariq Jameel (HA) is a human and makes mistakes but you don't have to lie, cheat or slander him.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Asaaghir's avatar
Tragic-istan
520
Brother
258
Asaaghir's avatar
#103 [Permalink] Posted on 30th December 2018 15:52
mSiddiqui, so I read u r from Toronto 2.

How does this affect ur locality? Is there an impact on what people accept as permitted now?
Is your rant about MTJ only or the concept regardless of the scholar?

If it's targeting MTJ only, then there are bigger fish in the pond you can fish out, but if it's general, then yes I agree too.

We just walking into every lizard hole we can find
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
10,048
Brother
8,256
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#104 [Permalink] Posted on 30th December 2018 16:21

Maulana Tariq Jameel Saheb (HA) has several problems and in the context of this thread he SHOULD NOT have attended this RIS Event because he knows about the lack of physical barrier and this sends the wrong message about segregation and adherence of Sunnah.

I am merely objecting to his slanderous accusations and trying to point out that assumption is Haram in Islam and a major sin.

Stick to facts instead of slanderous accusations and assumptions as Maulana Tariq Jameel (HA) can ask for his good deeds on the day of judgement.

Condemn behaviour against the Sunnah but in a manner which is consistent with the Sunnah.

But the dude cannot look past his nose and his Nafs cannot bring itself to obey the Deen. Spoke to a brother in this thread a few days ago on the thread and after speaking to him he got it.

Whenever you say, "I assume whether your foundations are RIGHT or WRONG it is a sin so avoid the sin" and stick to facts.

If you see my walking funny and existing a pub and you make the assumption that I am drunk, your assumption has basis but it is STILL HARAM.

That is the point I am hopelessly trying to make for days.

There are plenty of factual things wrong with Maulana Tariq Jameel Saheb (HA) and mistakes and by Allah Ta’ala point them out but DO NOT twist his words or presume/assume because it is a SIN (for you and NOT Maulana Tariq Jameel (HA)).

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Asaaghir's avatar
Tragic-istan
520
Brother
258
Asaaghir's avatar
#105 [Permalink] Posted on 30th December 2018 16:34
Quote:
Maulana Tariq Jameel Saheb (HA) has several problems and in the context of this thread he SHOULD NOT have attended this RIS Event because he knows about the lack of physical barrier and this sends the wrong message about segregation and adherence of Sunnah.

Nice! Had your said that earlier, the poor bro wouldn't have had to endure so much stick lol.

To conclude: Scholars indirectly influence people to indulge in committing sins and that is the basis of the op.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Winner x 1
back to top

Jump to page: