Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

what is thiqah?

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2018 20:58

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

And Allamah Zafar Ahmed Usmani (RA) is speaking from his back pocket?

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2018 20:59
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2018 21:02
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Where is Allama Zafar Ahmed Usmani's work? Please post reference.

Edit: Oh, you are talking about Deoband article. It only corroborates that he saw Hazrat Anas RA.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2018 21:11
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2018 21:25

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Some "Hanafaees" have claimed that Imam Abu Haneefa (RA)...

www.deoband.org/2013/01/history/answering-distortions-and...

As for his narration from the Sahabah, Imam Abu Ma‘shar ‘Abd al-Karim ibn ‘Abd al-Samad al-Tabari al-Muqri’ al-Shafi‘i (d. 478 H) affirmed it, and he compiled a volume on it, as has preceded. He is from the great scholars of the Shafi‘is. Abu Bakr Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Baqi and others narrated from him, as mentioned in Tabaqat al-Shafi‘iyyah (3:243). Hafiz [Ibn Hajar al-‘Asqalani] mentioned him in Lisan al-Mizan, and he said: “He narrated from a group and he resided in Makkah, and he taught recitation [of the Qur’an] to people for a long time. Abu Nasr al-Ghazi, Abu Bakr ibn ‘Abd al-Baqi al-Ansari, and Abu Tamam al-Damiri and others narrated from him…Ibn Tahir said: ‘I heard Abu Sa‘d al-Harami say in Herat: ‘Abu Ma‘shar’s audition of Juz’ Ibn Nazif is not authentic, and he only took a copy and narrated it.’ I say: This is not a valid criticism.” (4:50)

Details here:

ia800201.us.archive.org/27/items/waq55508/21_55525_b.pdf

In Urdu read page 22 onwards

ia800604.us.archive.org/11/items/MusnadImamUlAzamAbuHanif...

P.S: Allamah Shibli Naumani (RA) has made a clear mistake.

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2018 21:27
my knowledge in these issues is very limited as i always avoid any discussions which involve talking bad of the salaf so all this is new to me. the guy seemed someone genuine ( not a anti hanafi fool) but what he said was rather contradictory. he accepted imam abu hanifa رضي الله عنه as being a mujtahid, the greatest faqih, an aabid, a zaahid and that he knew 100s and 1000s of hadith and also that he was honest and reliable but taking hadith which he is in the chian cant be accepted lol.i mean how is this possible? if you cant accept hadith from him then why can you accept his fiqh and aqeeda? also if he is honest and reliable so why is it when it comes to hadith he suddenly becomes unreliable.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 16th December 2018 09:16
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

السلام علیکم

He might be wrong in saying 'Hanafees' claim this. But his point is valid.

Quote:
Abu Bakr Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Baqi and others narrated from him, as mentioned in Tabaqat al-Shafi‘iyyah (3:243). Hafiz [Ibn Hajar al-‘Asqalani] mentioned him in Lisan al-Mizan, and he said: “He narrated from a group and he resided in Makkah, and he taught recitation [of the Qur’an] to people for a long time. Abu Nasr al-Ghazi, Abu Bakr ibn ‘Abd al-Baqi al-Ansari, and Abu Tamam al-Damiri and others narrated from him…Ibn Tahir said: ‘I heard Abu Sa‘d al-Harami say in Herat: ‘Abu Ma‘shar’s audition of Juz’ Ibn Nazif is not authentic, and he only took a copy and narrated it.’ I say: This is not a valid criticism.” (4:50)

It does not talk about Sahabah. And the book which you've posted says he atleast narrated from five Sahabah RA, but it does not provide any evidence for it. As Allama Shibli Noumani RA says if he had narrated from Sahabah RA, his own students would have made those ahadith famous.
There is overwhelming evidence that he met Hazrat Anas bin Malik RA; why is there no such evidence regarding the other Sahabah?

I shall be happy to say that our Imam RA met large number of Sahabah RA and also narrated from them, BUT my mind does not accept it.
Screenshot_2018-12-16-14-17-07.png
Downloads: 48
    [45.63 kB]
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 16th December 2018 10:21
Sister, regardless of who he met and who he didn't meet.

The fact that his narrations contained a shorter chain than the greatest scholars of Hadith is something to ponder upon.

As mentioned above, when Hadith reached the scholars of Hadith, more names were added to the chain and eventually the chain became week.

This doesn't mean the Hadith was weak.

Anyway, you have been influenced by anti Hanafi scholars so it could be possible that you will overlook others.

In the science of Hadith, the Greatest scholars would testify to the authenticity of Imam Abu Hanifa. These include the teachers of Imam Bukhari etcetera.
+1 -0Disagree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 16th December 2018 10:34
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I'm not questioning the authenticity of Imam Abu Hanifa RA (نعوذبااللہ). I'm a muqallid of Imam Sahab RA, I trust him in fiqh, aqeeda, hadith or whatever sciences you can think of. It's a shame I have to clarify this; I thought it was obvious. I was just discussing with brother Muadh whether he met other Sahabah or not, and even if he didn't it does not affect his status in any way.

Quote:
Anyway, you have been influenced by anti Hanafi scholars so it could be possible that you will overlook others.

Is it directed towards Allama Shibli Noumani RA? It is obvious you do not know who he was. He himself was a Hanafi and was a teacher of Syed Sulaiman Nadvi RA. He had immense love for Imam Abu Hanifa RA. It was because of this love that he added "Noumani" in his name (Imam Abu Hanifa's RA real name was Nouman bin Thabit). You and I cannot match him in his love for Imam Sahab RA. We should at least think a little before speaking (with due respect brother).
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 16th December 2018 11:30
Apologies sister if I came across incorrectly.

My (thoughtless) comment was based on this
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

And I appreciate that it doesn't mean you directly.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 16th December 2018 11:37
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I have never read Maulana Maudoodi. In fact if I see someone reading Tafheem-ul-Qur'an, I try to convince them it is wrong. (I guess I need to start putting disclaimers in my posts like Muadh_Khan, so that people don't use them against me).

JazakAllah for the clarification. But for the next time please keep in mind that I do not read any anti-Hanafi scholars and I am not influenced by any anti-Hanafi scholar.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 16th December 2018 12:10
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

JazakAllah and Just to clarify, I read anti Hanafi Ulama and I do know that you have questioned me when I have quoted such Ulama. So I am sure and appreciate your concerns.

Maybe I should cool down a bit.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 16th December 2018 15:15

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

You have not read either the English, Urdu and Arabic version of what I have been posting at all because it answers and presents proof of all of this.

Allamah Shibli Numani (RA) actually presents no proof whatsoever but hypotheticals i.e. his students would have done this or that. There are actual Isnaad of Imam Abu Haneefa (RA) narrating from the Sahaba (RA) which are proven and accurate and some which are suspect and some which are weak (for other reasons).

Allamah Shibli Naumani (RA) is not an expert Muhadith so his opinion counts for nothing in this matter and even on face value it is nothing.

You are free to believe in whatever you wish, we live in a democracy.

+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 18th December 2018 12:50

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Ok...I was distracted so now back to this.

Musnad of Imam Abu Haneefa (RA) was neither researched nor properly published at the time of Allamah Shibli Naumani (RA) so he could not have researched this up properly.

His whole research is based on quoting others and hypothetical scenarios.

This is a common occurrence.

Here is a blatant example of (many of the) Deobandi Ulama quoting an opinion which we now know to be suspect. They are merely quoting what is written and spoken by Ulama previously without looking at the actual text and verifying.

www.wifaqululama.co.uk/dhahir/

They had no way to verify it because the books were not available.

It is “now” highly possible for Imam Abu Haneefa (RA) to have narrated from a Sahabi (RA) because we have a few Phd Thesis on this issue and in-depth knowledge.

Imam Abu Haneefa (RA) neither authored a Musnad himself so it had to be done by his students (later).

It is a scenario where we can see why Allamah Shibli Naumani (RA) differs, there are renowned Ulama who believe that Imam Abu Haneefa (RA) did not narrate from Sahaba (RA) and renowned Ulama who (in the past and now) say that he did so it is a EITHER, OR scenario.

Either way you can choose to make Taqleed of either opinion, because it is not a straightforward cut and dry answer, we will never get an agreement. Those who disagree can easily produce the opinions of classical Ulama to say otherwise, those who agree can also easily produce classical and new research.

But one thing Allamah Saheb (RA) is definitely wrong on is to claim that “Hanafees” have come up with this claim…EVEN if Hanafees did 20 out of 22 exclusive narrators of Thulayiaat of Saheeh Bukhair are Hanafees so what is the issue he is pointing to?

Lastly, he is Tab’ee and narration of Hadeeth is not a condition to be a Tab’ee (as you know) and many did not but are still Taba’ees.

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 18th December 2018 13:29
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

جزاك الله خيرا
+0 -0Ameen x 1