Top Members

Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Crohn's Disease, Colitis etc. Alternative Treatment.

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Muadh_Khan, abu mohammed
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 6th September 2018 11:40
Disclaimer: This is my understanding from the research that i have carried out. Please add, subtract, trash as you see fit.

بسم الله الرحمن اللرحيم

Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Crohn's Disease, Colitis etc. Alternative Treatment.

This treatment is spearheaded by Professor John Hunter: http://www.crohns.org.uk/

Professor John Hunter is a Consultant Physician at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge, visiting Professor of Medicine at the University of Cranfield and a recognised authority on diseases of the gut including Crohn's Disease, Colitis and Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

The normal treatment offered for people with inflammatory bowel disease is medication consisting of anti-inflammatory drugs, immunosuppressant drugs, steroids, and eventually surgery when the drugs stop taking effect. The drugs aim to suppress the symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease, but do nothing for the illness itself, and of course they come with the additional side effects which bring about a whole host of different illnesses.

Professor John Hunter advocates a treatment completely devoid of drugs, which only consists of drastic dietary changes in the initial stages and in the later stages the dietary changes are somewhat relaxed.

The treatment is labelled as an elemental diet. This is a liquid diet which consists of all the nutrients a person needs, but which are broken down to their most basic elements so the digestive system of the patient is not required to do any work, and as the diet is elemental and liquid based it is very easily and quickly absorbed by the body. www.crohns.org.uk/crohns_disease/nutritional_therapy/whic...

Quote:
This crucial first stage of dietary treatment appears to be essential for success. Special liquid diets are the best treatment for Crohn’s disease (CD) currently known; in our experience 85-100% of patients will enjoy a full remission. This is considerably better than pharmacological treatments such as corticosteroids or Infliximab. Most (95%) people drink the liquid diets but some prefer administration by a fine tube through the nose into the stomach.

The current medical theory is that there is an imbalance in the gut of the patient which prompts the immune system to become activated in that area and thus causing an inflammation as it gets to work to correct that imbalance. The imbalance is created by bad gut bacteria reacting with a fungi in the gut. The immune system tries to address this by attacking the location of the imbalance which is the gut.

The elemental diet initially aims to starve the bad bacteria by not allowing or limiting any food source reaching the bad bacteria. Once the elemental diet is complete and the patient is in remission then prebiotic, probiotics, and beneficial food is slowly introduced. This has been labelled as The LOFFLEX Diet. www.crohns.org.uk/crohns_disease/nutritional_therapy/the-...

From my understanding, someone who is prone to inflammatory bowel disease will be prone to it all their lives due to the way their body is balanced. For this reason they will need to completely avoid processed foods and drinks, certain trigger foods specific to them that bring about the illness, and also limit other foods such as animal proteins and fat, certain fibres, food containing gluten, sugars... Other factors that need to be addressed are lack of vitamin D, additives in drinking water (flouride, chlorine, chloramine), lack of exercise, and stress. So basically eat and live according to the sunnah.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Agree x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 6th September 2018 11:47
I was drafting my response in my head as I was going along and you concluded with it :)
"xs11ax wrote:
So basically eat and live according to the sunnah.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 13th September 2018 20:50
Disclaimer: This is my understanding from the research that i have carried out. Please add, subtract, trash as you see fit.

The purpose of this thread is to help others who have an interest in this. It took me many days and nights of research to find this information. I hope others can be helped by this, inshallah.

salaam

up until relatively recently, the consensus amongst the medical community regarding crohn's disease was that the patient had a malfunctioning immune system which caused his own immune system to attack and inflame the intestines. this lead to symptoms such as diarrhoea, intestinal bleeding, ulcerations and other complications within the intestines, malnourishment due to the intestines not working properly, and even intestinal cancer in the long run.

so up until relatively recently this illness was classed as an autoimmune disease and the way the medical community approached it was by using anti inflammatory drugs to suppress the inflammation, immunosuppressant drugs to suppress the immune system and of course steroids. the consensus within the medical community was that this illness could not be cured. the holistic medical community differed and maintained that cure was possible.

but now it has been discovered that the actual culprit all along was a very elusive bacteria labelled as the MAP bacteria. all the while the immune system was trying to attack the bacteria, but the medical community was trying to suppress this attack by weakening the immune system instead of strengthening it and helping it. this has been making matters worse and in my opinion is the reason behind the further complications and cancer. the new trend now is that this disease will soon be curable.

the MAP bacteria is mainly found in beef and cows milk. through this medium it is thought that our water supply is also contaminated. shop bought milk is pasteurised which means it is only heated up to 75 degrees. MAP bacteria needs at least 85 degrees to be killed. all dairy products which have been made using pasteurised milk can be contaminated. beef needs to be cooked thoroughly to kill the bacteria. water needs to be boiled to kill the bacteria. the bacteria can contaminate anyone, but it seems only certain people are prone to contracting the illness.

currently some countries are reclassifying ibd as an infectious disease and no longer as an autoimmune disease. some hospitals including some NHS hospitals in the UK are treating this disease with antibiotics. an Israeli company is developing an antibiotic specially for this illness. a uk professor has developed a vaccine that will protect people from contracting an illness through MAP bacteria AND the vaccine will also cure people who have already contracted crohn's disease through the bacteria. for some reason the vaccine will not cure colitis, but it will still help with the symptoms.

www.crohnsmapvaccine.com/
www.guysandstthomas.nhs.uk/resources/patient-information/...
www.redhillbio.com/crohns-disease
www.crohns.org/treatment/borody.htm

+1 -0