You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
bint e aisha, abuzayd2k
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 7th June 2018 12:27
When I joined Tablighi Jamaat in 2011 and spent my first Chillah. I got a sensation that this is the work for which I was chosen and destined to do straight from the very beginning in Alim e Arwah.

After a passage of some time, I realized that there is something missing in this effort. It didn’t answer all of my questions. As a result, I had to search online and offline for my answers and ulema who were expert in their respective fields successfully answered my questions.

Then I realized that it is a good start but it is not fulfilling all of my spiritual needs and thus I had to do some research and discovered the field of tazkiyah. As they say that necessity is the mother of invention (in my case “discovery”).

Then I realized that there is something strangely wrong with the way the tablighis are conducting their tabligh. As my knowledge expanded I realized that you can’t bring Islam 100% in the whole of humanity until you don’t change the system and to change the system you need to use force. From then onwards, I couldn’t digest this statement that we want to bring Islam in the whole of mankind through dawah.

I have always felt about Tabligh that this is not an ordinary movement and this is not the creation of human intellect. I have extensively and critically analyzed this blessed work from various angles and every time reached the same conclusion that this is the work of haq. I have always noticed some signs in it which indicate that it is ilhami.

1. It’s a miracle in itself that a movement with such a huge number of people is still surviving and thriving (with some shortcomings)

2. Every kind of person can do it. A simple villager of average intelligence can also do it and a phd scholar can find very deeper meanings in the simple methodology of this movement and write volumes about it.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 7th June 2018 12:30
Since the end of 2014, I have been seriously pondering on the riddle of Dajjal. I have given a lot of thought, read a good amount of books, listened to good amount of lectures, read a good amount of posts, asked a good amount of questions on this topic.

Based on my level of limited experience, knowledge and insight I have tried to devise new strategies to counter the fitna of Dajjal.

On paper I have successfully created more than one strategy to counter this great fitnah. However, whenever I visualize these strategies and relate them with ground realities, I realize that these strategies aren’t fit to tackle this fitnah.

I have come to realize that there are only two ways to counter this great fitnah.

a. Jihad
b. Tabligh

May Allah forgive me for saying this but I think our elders are doing ghulw in regards to tabligh. Sahaba RA may have done dawah work on a local or individual level. But seriously, did they spread Islam through dawah alone on such a large scale doing tabligh in groups the way today is being told and practiced? The major work of Sahaba RA was to change the system and they did it with force combined with good character and akhlaq. Their dawah as rulers of the lands affected the majority because the majority always follows their leaders. And this is my opinion that the reason behind this ghulw is that our elders have lost the context of the teachings of their elders and they have somehow broken their link with Quran and Sunnah. Or maybe for a reason they have changed the meanings or mis understood the actions of Nabi SAWS and Sahaba RA. Another reason can be that they have failed to connect their classical teachings of Islam with practical ground realities of our times.

Therefore, in the light of my findings mentioned above, I wanted to devise a new strategy for doing dawah combined with knowledge and tazkiya to counter the fitna of Dajjal. The problem which I have always faced in developing these strategies, is that through these strategies one may save oneself to some extent from the evil effects of the system but one can’t escape the fitna of Dajjal when he comes in person himself.

In other words, I am unsuccessful in visualizing an alternative for TJ. As the Arabs being eloquent in Arabic were unable to replicate Quran, the ilhami nature of TJ has defeated my intellect in the same way.

Finally, I realized that Tablighi Jamaat has all the things needed to tackle this great fitna and we don’t need an alternative. However, the problem lies with the way buzurgs are explaining it.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 7th June 2018 12:31
This is not the work of Sahaba RA but this is the way of Ashab e Kahaf. This is not a collective (ijtimai) effort but this is an individual effort which has taken a collective form. It is a combination of a very large global level madrassah and khanqah which is in motion.

(Yeh ijtimai mehnat nahin hai balke ye infiradi mehnat hai jo ijtima ka roop dhaare hue hai)

It is not about bringing Islam to the whole of mankind. In other words, Islam will not come in the whole of mankind through this effort. This is because only those Ambiya AS were listened to by the majority who had political authority along with Nabuwwa. Those prophets who were only prophets were not followed by the majority. Therefore, this effort is to save the iman of those who are engaged in it instead of bringing Islam as deen in every individual’s life of this planet. Don’t bother what is happening in Nizamuddin or Raiwind or anywhere else because it is not about them but about me.

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 7th June 2018 12:34
Remaining active brings strength in a nation and “jamood” (inactiveness) brings death to a nation. Remember, how the Red Indians were conquered and wiped out. They remained content within their vicinities and had no contact with the outside world. They were un aware about the developments of the world outside and couldn’t develop new weapons and strategies to fight and defend with. Thus, they broke the divine law of “And make ready your strength to the utmost of your power to strike terror…” and as a result were destroyed.

Islam shows us two ways of remaining active i.e. Jihad and Tabligh.

So, when I visualize Tabligh in relation to Dajjal, I realize that those who are doing tabligh in “paidal Jamaats” are more likely to be protected by this fitna other than mujahideen. Those who can’t join one year paidal jamaats must do paidal chillas. This will prepare the workers for being accustomed to the environment of faraway lands of mountains, deserts and jungles. When Dajjal arrives, hardcore tablighis will be able to migrate successfully (Allah willing) to the wilderness or they may become shaheed during WWIII if it is destined for them.

I can’t see how masjid, madrassah and khanqah can save us from Dajjal.

Prophet Muhammad SAWS clearly instructed us to head to the mountains when Dajjal arrives.

He didn’t tell us to take refuge in the masajid… or madaris… or khanqahs.

He very clearly without any ambiguity told us to go to the mountains. So I can’t comprehend that those ulema, tulabah, aulia and salikeen who are in jamood. How can they be saved from the fitnah of Dajjal? Masjid, Madrassah and Khanqah may save us from the evil effects of this system to some extent but what about being protected from Dajjal himself?

Nahin tera nasheman qasr e sultani ke gumbad par
Tu Shaheen hai basaira kar paharon ki chattanon meh

Thy abode is not on the dome of a royal palace;
You are an eagle and should live on the rocks of mountains.

So there are two real institutions of deen which we need to focus on depending upon our own strengths and weaknesses. Jihad and Tabligh.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 7th June 2018 12:36
As far as ilm and tazkiya are concerned I believe that they are sub sections of each institution of deen instead of being separate institutions themselves. What I mean is that in every movement of deen we need ilm and tazkiya to serve that part of deen properly.

As far as the women folk and children are concerned, what I think can be done is education. We must educate our women folk to make them prepare for this great fitnah. The second thing to do is to migrate to suburbs and countryside and try to adopt simplicity as much as possible. The third thing to do is to make them exercise and remain fit so that they are able to migrate to safer areas when the time comes.

It’s not the case that I don’t admire those who are promoting and defending Islam intellectually. However, I have come to the conclusion that theoretical defense of Islam is not eternal and it has less impact compared to practical implementation of Islam. Islam is not an academic exercise but is a practical experience. Sahaba RA were not philosophers but they left a long lasting impact because of their actions backed by firm belief and character. Hence, tablighis on individual level and mujahideen on a collective level are trying to implement Islam and this is what makes them unique from others. When the people will witness the blessings of Islam with their very own eyes, then there will be no reason for genuine souls to reject the truth anymore.

Final Remarks…

1. Gain essential ilm of Islam
2. Connect with an authentic shaykh
3. Either join the ranks of jihad or tabligh based on your strengths and weaknesses and then commit yourself to your full potential to whatever effort you choose.
+1 -0Like x 1