Top Members

Speakable and Unspeakable Today

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 27th April 2018 16:14

There are many issues on which we can not speak without incurring considerable damage of some kind to ourselves.

This is strange for we live in the times of the so called freedom of speech, as per the western liberal democratic view point - the dominant view point today.

I would like to discuss such points in this thread - as much as is possible within the parameters set by the west.

Personally I feel always constrained when I want to talk about  (1) Kashmir (2) Israel (3) J-word (4) Situation of Muslims in India (5) muslim Prayer Call in the west (6) Talking frankly about west without being labelled ant-west (7) Position of Women in Islam (8) Islamophobia (9) Looking visibly Muslim (10) The so called Clash of Civilizations (11) Muslims of India Talking about Pakistan (12)  Islam as a solution of the world problems (13) That the west has near complete encroachment over Islamic and Muslim space.

There are many more issues. Let us talk of the problems as well as the possibilities.

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 27th April 2018 16:43
A Facebook Post by Ali Godil

If you are a South Asian female from an affluent, suburban background, who has never been employed at a proper job in her life yet view domesticity as beneath you, whose father has been working sixty hour weeks for decades to pay 100k+ for your degree in women's studies, please spare everyone your pontifications about male privilege.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 27th April 2018 20:53

Maripat wrote:
View original post

This is better

www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=101095395315890...

The whole "while I disagree with some of his views, we are brothers at the end of the day and this is his ijtihad" approach may be appropriate in many circumstances, but there are situations in which a more resolute stance is necessary. If a figure consistently advocates for aberrant, heterodox positions, and his following and platform is only increasing, then to passively refuse to address his misguidance is not maturity and nuance but cowardice and denial. It is a dereliction of duty toward the common believer for which the learned will be held accountable.

+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 28th April 2018 11:46
these all unspeakable topics are directly or indirectly linked with lack of islamic media
No post ratings