You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
bint e aisha, abu mohammed
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#61 [Permalink] Posted on 9th May 2018 02:24
I have an idea to learn and teach Quranic translation in a fun manner (especially for kids).

Starting from Fatiha and Juz Amma Break each ayah of the surah in single or dual words (if related).

Create flash cards for each word with Arabic word on front and it’s translation on back. Supervise the children to make their own flash cards. Practice memorizing the Quranic vocabulary through these flash cards and then test your memory through doing word for word translation of the ayaat you just memorized through flashcards with their meanings.

If it’s difficult to preserve so many flash cards then create a scrapbook and write Arabic word of an ayah on the front of a page while write it’s meaning on the next page (i.e. The back of the same page).

After learning word for word translation of an ayat, try to rephrase the translation in proper manner.

Caution! Use an authentic word for word translation for this activity recommended by Ulema

If after practicing the tajweed of a surah, the activity above is done by the students under the guidance of a teacher, I believe that from the very beginning children will have this inculcated in their subconscious that Quran is only to be recited beautifully with understanding. This will be the first stage for kids to understand the Quran and obviously a concise tafsir or summary of each surah can be taught and explained later on when the kids have completed reciting and learning the whole of Quran.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#62 [Permalink] Posted on 9th May 2018 15:30
It would be good to place a picture along with the word.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#63 [Permalink] Posted on 10th May 2018 09:03
Concerned wrote:
View original post

You mean picture of the word it self for calligraphic accuracy?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#64 [Permalink] Posted on 12th June 2018 11:53
A new Technique for understanding, remembering, contemplating and memorising Quran

I have come to realize that understanding the quran is more linked with listening than reciting. While reciting one’s focus is on tajweed where as in listening one’s full focus is on understanding if one knows what is being recited.

Therefore, I have discovered a technique with which I believe that we can understand the meanings of the verses and remember those meanings as well. Also it will help in memorizing the quran.

The technique is very simple.

1. Download the recitation of quran of your favourite Qari in your mobile, mp3 player, pc etc.

2. Keep a hardcover or pdf copy of Quran with translation like “Asaan Tarjuma Quran ka” in the language of your choice.

3. Play the recitation in loop of the surah you want to get acquainted with. Preferably the 30th Juz in the beginning and smaller surahs.

4. Daily keep on listening to one surah repeatedly for at least half an hour while reading it’s translation. (This is slightly different from listening recitation along with it’s translation because now you will be matching the translation with the verses and you will be listening to verses without breaking the flow)

5. After some days the translation will be stuck in your subconscious and whenever the related verses will be heard or recited , the translation will come to the mind. Then obviously the more you practice in nafl prayer like tahajudd the more better you will get at it.

6. For longer surahs you may cut the recitation of each surah in pieces of ten ayaat with an audio editing software like Audacity.

7. After the translation of the corresponding surah or group of 10 ayaat is stuck in your mind, you can memorise those ayaat easily. After that you can move to the next surah or next group of 10 ayaat within the same long surah.

The process is slow but I believe it is effective. This will improve the salah greatly. I believe this will be a stepping stone before committing oneself to learn Arabic which will take years. If not the whole of Quran then at least Juz Amma, Surah Yasin, Surah Rahman, Surah Waqiah and Surah Kahaf should be memorized with this technique. After that one may learn Arabic if one is interested or committed or else keep on continuing with the same technique till the end.

This technique can be applied without the aid of any device if two people team up to practice it. One person will recite the quran and the other will focus on reading the translation corresponding to the recitation.

A group of ten or twelve students can form a Mahdharah to practice this technique which will make understanding and memorizing Quran more easy as there is barakah in jamaat. One student will recite a surah or a passage of a long surah 10 times while the others will be reading it’s translation. Then all the students will one by one recite the same surah or passage for 10 times and the rest of the students will read it’s translation till the circle of student ends and all the students end up reciting that surah. The next day they may do verse by verse translation from memory i.e. They may only recite the Arabic from the hard copy while translating the ayah from memory. Then after inculcating the translation they may memorize the text as well. While understanding what is being memorized there will be two benefits.

1. The memorization because of understanding and repeated recitations will be easier and quicker.

2. Because of understanding the meaning, the translation will start gluing or cementing with the actual matn which means that the more you will repeat the Arabic with understanding the more firmer it’s meanings will stick to your mind automatically.

Update

In order to prevent satan from making the listeners sleepy, each person in the group may recite the surah for once at a time and then the next person starts reciting and so all the members recite the same surah one by one. After the group finishes reciting the surah for the first time, the first person recites the surah again and this process continues till the last person. This process is repeated 10 or x number of times.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#65 [Permalink] Posted on 20th June 2018 14:17
Prevention of the Qur’an

Someone asked sheikh Muhammad Mukhtar Shinqeeti; “Many days pass without me reading anything from the Quran. Is this considered hajr (boycotting) the Quran?”

He said, 

“This is considered hirman (prevention), and what is prevention? It is when you find that many days pass you and you haven’t recited anything from the Quran. Then cry for yourself! For by Allah! A slave is not prevented from an act of obedience except that it is an indication of his distance from Allah. So when you find the days passing you by and Allah’s Book has no portion of it, or the hours of its nights and days, then cry for yourself and ask Allah for wellbeing (in eman), and throw yourself before Allah sincerely asking forgiveness, because that (condition) is not due to anything except a sin between you and Allah.”

thekatibahwrites.wordpress.com/2017/06/18/prevention-of-t...
+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#66 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd June 2018 15:00
Yesterday after Jumah prayer and after finishing my dhikr, I listened to the quran recitation while reading it's translation (the technique which I earlier posted). It was the first 1/3rd portion of 30th juz of Quran and tears starting coming down from my eyes. This was the first time when I cried this much while listening to Quran. This made me realize that if translation of the Quran while listening to it can have this much impact on me then how much more impact the Quran will leave on me if I learn Arabic? This incident increased my love and passion for learning Arabic language more. Thanks to Allah who inspired in my heart this great idea. May Allah keep us all consistent on the straight path.
+2 -0Like x 2Ameen x 1