Topic Appreciation
bint e aisha, abu mohammed, sipraomer, Taalibah
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2018 02:35
Concerned wrote:
View original post

In 2014 I spent 40 days during Ramadan in Mardan. For the first time in my life, I saw imams reciting short suras and finishing taraweeh in almost half an hour. I asked an alim there about finishing quran in tarawih. He said that finishing quran is a separate Sunnah and offering 20 rakaats is a separate sunnah. I think the ulema in other parts of the country and world also know this but they are reciting full quran out of pressure of awaam because the majority doesn't know the proper rulings of Tarawih.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2018 08:54
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2018 05:48
Whenever Rasulullah SAWS discussed the fitnah that shall be caused by dajjal, he saws would always end the discussion explaining that despite the immense strength and magic of dajjal, he shall never fulfil his ambitions.

Rasulullah SAWS informed the Ummah that a believer shall derive strength to resist and fight against the evil of dajjal through:

1. Divine Aid of Almighty Allah

Rasulullah SAWS stated: “If he, dajjal, emerges whilst I am alive I shall stand in your defence! And if he emerges after my death, Almighty Allah shall always be there for every believer!”

Holding firm unto the Noble Quran and the Sunnah (which implies excessive recitation of the Noble Quran, pondering over it’s meaning and implementing its teaching in one’s life in accordance to the method shown by Rasullah SAWS, and imparted by his close companions Ra.)

Rasulullah SAWS stated: “I leave behind two matters, which if you hold on to firmly you shall never go astray. The Book of Almighty Allah and The Sunnah of His Messenger SAWS.”

I leave behind two matters, which if you hold on to firmly you shall never go astray. One of which is mightier than the other. The (1st is The) Book of Almighty Allah, which is a rope hanging from the sky to the earth. (The second is) My family, my household.

These two shall never separate until they find me at the pond of Kauthar i.e. The only correct understanding of the Quran, till the end of times, shall be that which has been imparted from the close family of Rasulullah SAWS, viz, his’ wives RA, his daughters RA, his father in laws (Abu Bakr RA and Umar RA), his son in laws (Uthman RA and Ali RA), etc.

Thus, after my demise take caution in how you conduct yourself with regards to the Quran and my household!

(Looking into the eye of dajjal p.g 381)

No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2018 07:06
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

and there people are deprived of this sunnah of finishing Quran in tarawih...
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2018 07:22
Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post

Still they are the ones who are resisting the global secular enslavement as best as they can. So it begs this question that is finishing the whole quran in tarawih more important or is comprehending , contemplating on it and implementing it in one's life more important?
No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2018 08:50
@sipraomer:

Quote:
Still they are the ones who are resisting the global secular enslavement as best as they can.[/quote]
So practicing upon this sunnah is global secular enslavement in your eyes...?

[quote]So it begs this question that is finishing the whole quran in tarawih more important or is comprehending , contemplating on it and implementing it in one's life more important?

you have 11 months for comprehending and contemplating. Let Ramadan be left for recitation.
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2018 10:33
Quote:
So practicing upon this sunnah is global secular enslavement in your eyes...?

No! But the point I am making is that merely reciting it on 300 miles per hour just to finish it in tarawih is non sense. It is better to recite less with proper tajweed and contemplation instead of reciting it in greater quantity but in super fast speed.

If full Quran is recited with proper tajweed and focus then no problem carry on.

If you remember, it's written in Fadhail e Amaal that

aulia of the past used to do great mujahidas like eating sattu for forty years just to do more dhikr instead of wasting time in eating chappati and some of the aulia would offer fajr prayer with the wudhu of Isha. However, in today's times our body doesn't allow such mujahidas so therefore, we may try as best as possible to do mujahida but with moderation, considering the rights of our body and limits of our strength.

Therefore, contemplation and action is more important than merely treating it on an ibadah level. This is the point which I am making. Performing Sunnah is not global enslavement but limiting Islam to worship alone is.

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2018 10:46
Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post

If you were speaking to ulama, or people who know classical arabic, or people who are able to understand what is being said when they recite the Quran, they yes recitation is enough for them as they automatically get basic comprehension and contemplation. But we are speaking of the majority of people in our communities who can not understand any Arabic, so encouraging mere recitation as ideal with absolutely no comprehension and contemplation is erroneous. Listen to the lectures I posted . No one is speaking about going into in depth detailed tafisr in Ramadan.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2018 10:55
Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post

We are discussing priorities. In taraweeh It is more important to follow the sunnah (in this case it is compulsory) of reciting the Quran respectfully and not in a rushed manner. To recite the Quran in a rushed manner as is done in many of our taraweehs is disrespectful to the Quran and sinful. So it makes no sense to leave out this obligation of reciting the Quran in a respectful way just to facilitate and make it easy for people to act on the sunnah of completing the Quran in taraweeh.

Read this fatwa from another thread:

www.daruliftaa.com/node/6700?txt_QuestionID=

Remember from the hadith, tarweeh itself is not compulsory, and according to three madhans there is no sin in not praying it. So therefore if someone reads taraweh, but doesn't complete the Quran, how can he be made to feel guilty ? I have not read up on this topic, but in the other thread it says from a hanafi work:

Quote:
In Imam Shurunbulali 's (RA) Maraqi'us-Sa'adat (Ascent to Felicity) it's written that it's a communal (kifaya) Sunnah for men to pray Tarawih in Jama'ah as well as to recite the entire Qur'an once in Tarawih
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2018 11:01
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Yes, speed in taraweeh is questionable though but inventing new ideas of opposing ''finishing Quran'' without tajweed is also questionable. However, recitation of Quran with tajweed and tarteel is preferable.
+0 -0Disagree x 2
Rank Image
India
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2018 11:39
Concerned wrote:
View original post

If someone wants to comprehend and contemplate, he can do it by reading any good tafseer.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2018 12:19
But in your first statement you have separated recitation from comprehending and contemplating. The point is that whenever one is reciting Quran , one should strive for comprehension and contemplation. They go hand in hand. Since we have not reached the level of basic understanding the Quran while reciting, we have no choice but to look at translation s and tafsir. One should not feel proud to just recite as fast as one can just for the sake of completing the Qur'an without paying any attention whatsoever or reflecting on what Allah is saying. All of this is mentioned in the lectures by Mufti Abdur Rahman ibn Yusuf Mangera.

Every Ramadan people including Hafiz read numerous khatams as quickly as possible, and they never make an effort to even read a translation. Even many Hafiz leading taraweeh don't read a translation.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2018 12:20
Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post

I wouldn't say it's preferable, rather it is a command in the Quran.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2018 12:39
Nice info:

Quote:
While we suggest that you take your time out for this effort, we caution you to understand the parameters of doing so as well. The Qur’an presents five types of Ulūm. These five are :
1. ῾Ilmul Ahkām (knowledge of rulings) e.g. Wajib, Sunnah, Mustahab actions etc. from the acts of worship as well as other fields of life.
2. ῾Ilmul Jadal (Knowledge of debating) e.g refutations or wrong ideologies and distinguishing the incorrect assertions from Jews, Christians, hypocrites and others.
3. ῾Ilmut Tadhkīr bi alā’ Allah (Knowledge of reminder to recognizing Allah) e.g. How the skies and the earths were created; how we as created ones are in need of The One who created them etc.
4. ῾Ilmut Tadhkīr bi ayām Allah (Knowledge of the incidents of past) e.g all the information about what transpired to the previous nations for rejecting Allah and His signs; The bounties of Allah upon those who accepted Allah’s oneness etc.
5. ῾Ilmut Tadhkīr bil maut wa mā ba῾d al maut (Knowledge of death and what proceeds its) like the day of reckoning, hereafter, accountability etc.[3]
From these five fields, a listener may benefit from all except the first (i.e ῾Ilmul Ahkām). ῾Ilmul Ahkām has its own defined rules and principles. Only those who have studied the field of deduction of these laws can address these verses without confusing and making mistakes. For example, it will be futile for someone who has not studied these principles to try and find out what the faraidh (obligatory acts) in a Salah are. It will be extremely difficult for a layman to try and understand it from the Quranic verses. For such a task one requires a vast knowledge of Hadīth to formulate and understand the explanation of the verses which expound on these rulings.

www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/19937
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2018 12:44
@concerned:

Quote:
Remember from the hadith, tarweeh itself is not compulsory, and according to three madhans there is no sin in not praying it.[/quote]

I think if this msg is accepted by every Muslim, tarawih will become a part of history...

[quote]However, if one experiences genuine hardship in reciting or listening to the entire Qur’an, it would be permitted for him/her to recite short Surahs or verses from the Qur’an during Tarawih prayers. In fact, the late Hanafi jurists (fuqaha) have ruled that it is better, in our times, to have an amount recited that will not burden people or lead them to stay away from the congregation.

If it's still a burden on people, why tarawih should be prayed, then...?

+1 -0Like x 1

Jump to page: